Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Jamie is the lying mainstream media, you gotta do your own research

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I don't know who the other guy is but I like the dumb guy move of "well even if it's fake isn't that just proof that it's actually real?"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Even if it's fake, the fake is usually the warning.

Hoooboy.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

even if its fake,,,,, i believe it...and im real...ergo

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Human Tornada posted:

I don't know who the other guy is but I like the dumb guy move of "well even if it's fake isn't that just proof that it's actually real?"

He's garbage. Believes that the slave trade didn't happen because it wouldn't have been profitable. Earlier in the episode he claimed that the baby formula shortage is a good thing because there are toxins in them that's doing damage to children, but he didn't know what they are or what they did.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've heard people say that slavery ended because feeding and housing slaves costs more than what they paid them for labor as freemen, which I have no idea if it's true or not. Not profitable is just nuts.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Slavery ended (sort of the 13th Amendment's massive loophole was and is still abused) because we fought one of our most destructive wars over it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Of course. I meant I don't know what the true cost differences are from an accounting perspective.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

What always gets me with Rogan is he has the biggest podcast on the planet but invites on such obscure people. I'm way too online and I've never heard of this guy. He had some no-name Pizzagate guy on like 6-7 times pre-Spotify.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

What always gets me with Rogan is he has the biggest podcast on the planet but invites on such obscure people. I'm way too online and I've never heard of this guy. He had some no-name Pizzagate guy on like 6-7 times pre-Spotify.

Cernovich? I think Rogans fascination with him was more about his Gorilla Mindset book. Which is still super cringy though

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If you think about it, human evolution is ultimately an example of cancel culture carried out via an extreme version of chimp replacement theory.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

If you think about it, human evolution is ultimately an example of cancel culture carried out via an extreme version of chimp replacement theory.

:eyepop:

you should start a podcast!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Do you think even Jamie is getting tired of Rogan?

In the clip of the recent 'Australia making growing your own food illegal' thing, he says "No, I know what to look for, it's just not coming up." There's a tone there that sounds to me like "I'm so sick of this poo poo."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

deep space nein posted:

Cernovich? I think Rogans fascination with him was more about his Gorilla Mindset book. Which is still super cringy though

No Cernovich is a name this guy I'd never heard of despite like I said being incredibly online. I wanna say he worked for Buzzfeed or a real publication at one point. Weird Mike and Jack Prilosec are the "big" names when it comes to Pizzagate.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Groovelord Neato posted:

No Cernovich is a name this guy I'd never heard of despite like I said being incredibly online. I wanna say he worked for Buzzfeed or a real publication at one point. Weird Mike and Jack Prilosec are the "big" names when it comes to Pizzagate.

Baked Alaska / Anthime Gionet? Currently in some Jan 6 trial news.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nah he's also a name. Looking through the episodes and it looks like the guy is David Seaman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Seaman_(writer)

He was on seven loving times lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Mister Speaker posted:

In the clip of the recent 'Australia making growing your own food illegal' thing, he says "No, I know what to look for, it's just not coming up." There's a tone there that sounds to me like "I'm so sick of this poo poo."

I'm gonna guess that he makes enough money to be the lackey of a weird stoner doofus, but not enough money to be the lackey of an out of touch weird stoner doofus bazillionaire

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

From his arguments with Eddie Bravo it seems like Jamie is not a fan of this kind of crap, so it must be weighing on him a bit that his job is quickly morphing into scouring Facebook for boomer memes

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mister Speaker posted:

No matter how cozy of a job it is, I'm sure he's sick of it to some extent. He also really can't take sick days, but I'm sure he has tons of days off that align with Rogan's.

Jim Bont
Apr 29, 2008

You were supposed to take those out of the deck.
Anyone else kind of gone off stand up comedy in general because of burnout from years of listening to Rogan, Burr, Segura, Kreischer etc? I have no desire to watch stand up for at least the next couple of years, I think in large part because of the massive amounts of whining these guys did/are doing about the pandemic & cancel culture. Even comics who aren't associated with them, I subconsciously link the format to Rogan blathering on about murdering. I still listen to Burr because he's trying to change his life for the better and doesn't take himself seriously. Rogan & Kreischer especially though, looking back at the 2010's I can't believe I spent hundreds of hours listening to them when now I can't even bring myself to watch that two minute clip about Rogan making GBS threads himself about Australia.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

There are plenty of other comedians that arent associated with the Rogan crowd and dont whine about cancel culture and whatnot. TBH I dont recall Bert complaining all that much about that stuff, although he tends to be annoying for other reasons.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tbh I never found Rogan's stand up to be that funny. I liked him more as a UFO guy interviewer.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Eh, his specials have been alright, I guess? His routines arent terrible but the premises in the last couple of specials dont seem original and similar jokes have typically been done better by other comedians. His stage presence is good but his Sam Kinison influence is apparent in how he likes to yell all of the time, which isnt necessarily a bad thing if the material is solid. To me it seems that his performances have improved over the years but his jokes have gotten worse, if that makes sense. I cant take listening to his podcast anymore but Id probably check out a new special out of curiosity.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think most stand ups kinda wear thin over time on their podcasts because it takes a long while to hash out solid material and they put out way more than they can sustain.

You also see the patterns they rely on, which has the same kinda feel as learning how a magician does their tricks.

Ive seen Rogan live and he was awesome, but watching his specials became a slog about 10 minutes in.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Stand-up has never been funny we were just all stupider in the '10s

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Its the usual tale, standups that you like either:
- Make it big, gets fabulously rich, becomes out of touch and unrelatable.
- Settles down and has kids, changes entire act to be dad-based, becomes boring and stale.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

a dozen swans posted:

"Sweet and sour sauce on my pussy" was the quote of a generation

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I hate listen to the Ari shaffir podcast sometimes. I even go back and listen to old episodes from 2012 and my god. He is awful, that whole scene is toxic, and they do not grow. He is literally saying the say poo poo, in the same cadence, as if it's a new insight. And I think it's like outgrowing a friend. You listen to a comedian's podcast for a decade and you kinda just hear all they have to say. And then you find a new podcaster and yay now you have fresh content and a new voice to form a parasocial relationship with.

Also, I just think I know way too much about the intricities of the la podcast scene. I'm not even American, why do I know so much?
"The thing about comedy is..."
"Oh man, the comedy store back in our day? Legendary."
"Man, road touring is the roughest job in the world."
"Nobody gets us. Nobody makes jokes in social settings like us, we are better than the normies."
"We are the oracle, the truth tellers, the messiahs of it all."
"Oh man, I once saw that comic murder. Just murder."
"People don't know what it's like to bomb. They dont know our ultimate sacrifice. But when you get the laughs - it must be something to do with our childhoods, huh, what's your ennegram?"

I, too, am completely and utterly over the whole medium because of those chuds. I once really wanted to try my hand at comedy, even wrote hundreds of jokes and such and memorized five minute sets. No longer, no longer. Gonna learn the zither

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
There are good comics who arent chuds. Hannah Gadsbys Douglas special made me laugh the hardest Ive laughed in years. I really liked Taylor Tomlinsons first special (havent found time to watch the second yet) and as far as I know she isnt a crap human.

Also, the wife and I saw Marc Maron in SF in late 2019. It was fun watching him predict the 2020 election a year ahead of time. And take some digs at Rogan.

So yeah, they exist. But there are definitely too many major comics who have gotten where they are because theyve monetized their incredible level of assholery.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I've been enjoying Nate Bargatze and Rhys Darby please tell me they aren't.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

a dozen swans posted:

stand up is funny, you might just be a dullard

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

You guys just dont appreciate the comedy prowess of stool loving. The use of a stool to amplify physical comedy has been a game changer - not just in the comedy scene, but I think even for the betterment of mankind.

I think the last 2 years has turned me off all of these cretins. Literal barnacles

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

No comedian in the history of Earth has ever been funny.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

The Protect our Parks episodes are genuine comedy gold. I know a lot of you have gotten your balls surgically removed but give those episodes a listen, good stuff!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

homercles posted:

No comedian in the history of Earth has ever been funny.

homercles posted:

The Protect our Parks episodes are genuine comedy gold. I know a lot of you have gotten your balls surgically removed but give those episodes a listen, good stuff!
The duality of man

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/ExumAM/status/1528064124927852544?t=Zs39I_QCYIp8yCNvzSN3rg&s=19

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rghm1D42NI4

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Is there a B after "SCHAU" in the title of that video?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Jamie is into sneakers and NFTs and golf. Worst of all, he's from Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1530531851084910592?s=19