Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

KyloWinter posted:

Joe had someone on yesterday who poo poo on his supplements quackery and he gets pissed. This is some good stuff.

Timestamp on that part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Wasn’t Redban a frequent Alpha Brain user? More than the alleged studies, a useful data point.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Dirt posted:

The only thing I ever bought because of Joe Rogan was a Vitamix blender.

I regret nothing. Kale shakes are cool.

Same here, and you can tell a lot about a JRE fan's vintage from whether or not they have a Vitamix or a Blendtec.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Maybe this time Joe can figure out why Alex Jones thinks Sandy Hook is a hoax?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Apprentice Dick posted:

It's almost like Alex Jones is mentally unstable and believes in extra dimensional vampires. Oh wait...

He definitely believes in lots of dumb things, but it bums me out to read about Infowars readers harassing bereaved Sandy Hook parents to call them liars - I think that lie actively makes the world worse.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/SeattlePD/status/898648339293421569

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Makes sense to have Joey Jingles on episode 1000, which is the number of coins he stole from Doug Stanhope’s change jar.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

An Apple A Gay posted:

gently caress yeah he'd apologize, he already has been to confession about it no doubt
edit: he's made a living with 'grab each day by the balls' and 'don't get hung up on yesterday's mistakes' so he'd admit it was wrong, and then he'd say he's got on doing the right thing since

also joe would admit to having a close friend use power to get sex

*rape culture*

Joey Jingles didn't own up to having his hand in Stanhope's change jar.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

bango skank posted:

lmao rogan's in the new will smith orc cop netflix movie interviewing an orc on the podcast

I didn't realise the orc was alt-right.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

JamMaster Flash posted:

Just thought I'd throw my uplifting anecdote in there. As easy as it can be to knock Rogan for occasionally featuring wackos on the podcast and/or promulgating some goofy stuff, I think he puts out a generally good product and can positively inspire people, especially young men. :unsmith:

This is what the show felt like before he went alt right, but as a coloured dude, it is weird for him to have on, like, Gavin McInnes and not challenge some obviously dangerous views. The trust Joe built up for years from okay dudes like Duncan then gets used for some pretty awful people, which “inspires” folks who may not have been otherwise inclined to malice to be really mean on the internet and real life.

Sorry to SJW, and I still legit listen to comic episodes.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Kurt Metzger may have been a good listen but Owen Benjamin kinda dampens that.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Less Brent Weinstein, more Brent Weinbach.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Roseanne’s intellectual dark web tour starts at the traditional gateway of the JRE.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Milo’s rehab tour for the journalist shooting comments should have him on by the following week.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Hope Rogan checks his change jar with Joey Jingles over.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

hot sauce posted:

Morphix what is your opinion of vaccines

Attended a baby shower with a physician yesterday, and the mother-to-be asked about something anti-vaxxy she heard about on JRE. Rhonda?

It bummed me out.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1037249325464600578

All that AlphaBrain may explain the Thai rescue pedo posts, actually.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Sep 5, 2018

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

The Elon Musk podcast would be way more fun if Joe hadn’t recently lapsed from moon landing denial.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Between Roseanne (who cancelled) and Elon, JRE is on the critical path of public flameout.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Does Joe get into the Sandy Hook family harassment?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I remember going to a baby shower and the parents-to-be were asking my physician wife if vaccines were safe, something they attributed to a thing they heard on JRE.

Not sure that my wife was able to convince them, either.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 22, 2019

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

hot sauce posted:

Who besides Eddie bravo has said that on the show? Joe lets guests get away with some dumb poo poo but I don’t think he’d let an anti vaccine comment slide lol

The mom-to-be seemed to remember the guest as having been named Rhonda which aren't among the episodes I normally listen to (I'm here for the LA comedians, mostly). I posted about it here at the time to try and figure that out, but most people didn't think Rhonda Patrick ever said anything of the sort.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I’ve been on a Neal Brennan / Pete Holmes binge since seeing them kill at JFL, so I listened to that YMH as my first ever. The talk was great, but Jesus Christ the fart mic and whatever the McDonalds sponsorship cancellation filler segment was.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

This is interesting, with fodder for the fans and the skeptics:

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/08/my-joe-rogan-experience/594802/

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Coco is a loving weirdo but also seems like probably the most-zen of his immediate social circle.

When Joey Jingles isn’t stealing laundry change from Doug Stanhope.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

1st AD posted:

I don’t get it, how this this affect the audience? Spotify is a free download and he’s still doing video + podcasts

I used to listen to LPOTL every week, but if it’s not in Overcast it’s kinda out of mind - have never tried to listen to podcasts in Spotify. I think Patreon could solve that, but I moved on.

I’m sure them and Joe will lose 1 of me for gaining access to 2-3 new people, I’m in the minority.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

We’re really overdue for a Jordan Peterson episode where he updates us on how healthy he is on his daughter’s regimen.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I feel like Doug Stanhope’s story about Joey “Jingles” Diaz stealing laundry coins from him kinda sums him up to me, and I trust Stanhope’s side of the story way more than I could ever trust Jingles.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Wonder if they’ll be live-harassing bereaved Sandy Hook parents.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1321218979604668416

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

https://www.mediamatters.org/joe-ro...56GZmEecUL9BoN8

Joe is probably going to do some damage with this.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

“Their argument was, you need it for other people ... But that's a different argument. That's a different conversation."

It isn’t!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I just wish there was a way to convince Joe vaccinations were an unproven nootropic or supplement so he could wholeheartedly back them.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Alex Jones spent part of his custody making the case that eating chili made him forget basic facts about his kids.

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/854351896055873536?s=21

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/zachzachzach/status/1433165332928032768

Horse paste Joe.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Joe’s apology for saying the n-word all those times sure spends a lot of time defending his use of it.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

When humanity is wiped out, make this recording the thing that we leave to be remembered by:

https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/status/1526454217858236416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

No Cernovich is a name this guy I'd never heard of despite like I said being incredibly online. I wanna say he worked for Buzzfeed or a real publication at one point. Weird Mike and Jack Prilosec are the "big" names when it comes to Pizzagate.

Baked Alaska / Anthime Gionet? Currently in some Jan 6 trial news.