Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
"what are trans-fats anyway?"
"fats with dicks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

I don't have any huge problems with redban, in fact i kind of like him. But I do often forget he's almost 40 years old and not in his twenties.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

There is nothing better than getting off of work and coming home to a new podcast with Duncan Trussell. Exactly what I need after last nights podcast.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

It's 2011 and people are floating on their backs, in POOLS. Are you KIDDING me?

Does anyone here listen to The Lavender Hour? If you're a fan of Duncan on the podcast, I can't recommend it enough.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Bryan Callen has a podcast you can watch on ustream right now (rogan's channel). Joe is a guest, I think a permanent Rogan/Callen podcast would be pretty cool. Redban could be the fred norris of the show; only chiming in every once in awhile. No disrespect to fred, of course.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Lucy Snorebush

I cannot say that name without breaking into a fit of laughter.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Deadmau5 chain smoking right across from joe brings me an intense amount of joy.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Eddie Bravo let the Indian out.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

It looks like Duncan Trussell and Natasha have split up, no more lavender hour. Duncan is starting a solo podcast which will probably be twice as good anyway.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Hearing Duncan with this mistress is hilarious. He's so awkward when she starts , grade A podcasting.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Joe was simply talking about the fact that he didn't believe in marriage, I'm sure he loves his wife.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

The Jim jeffries podcast was probably my favorite in a long time. Him and redban seemed to get along pretty well.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

I really wouldn't be surprised if he was a goon.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Duncan apologized on his latest podcast. He said he lashed out because he was angry and he should have handled the situation off air.

However he also said Bryan was still in he wrong for not paying the acts, even if only $15 for gas and such.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

It will be interesting to see where this goes. I can't see Duncan being on the podcast at all now. Joey Karate needs to beat some sense into redban.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

If that's what the Bravo episode is, then that'd basically be my dream episode.
It wouldn't be a Bravo episode without yet another tower seven discussion.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

I'd like to interrupt the Redban hate to say that Bert Kreisher is a giant awesome teddy bear and I love him.

..A teddy bear that pees on dining room tables.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Duncan's podcast is great, though unusually skip the opening bits myself.

Does anyone here listen to the bone zone? It's probably my favorite podcast behind Ari's.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

So Duncan is on the icehouse tomorrow, that means there's a good chance he'll be in the same room as redban.

On an unrelated note, I'm seeing Ari live tomorrow night.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

I just started last nights Ice House but it appears Brian and Duncan have made up. He started the show playing "since you've been gone" by Kelly Clarkson and it was immediate :3:

Also, I saw Ari live last night and it was freaking fantastic. I got to talk to him afterwards and he said he liked the Kramer shirt I was wearing. Really cool guy, definitely see him if you get the chance.

EDIT: Wow Joe is wasted in this latest Ice House.

Birthday Cake fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 14, 2012

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Cataffy posted:

Oh they definitely worked it out. Later on in the latest IHC they even have 15 minutes alone time talking about how happy they are to be on friendly terms again.
Check it out, it was a really funny IHC. Joe got pretty hammered at the end, Bert was sober, and Segura killed it. Great episode.

Here's the video of this in case someone doesn't feel like watching IHC. (It's a great one though)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TpEZElLUP0

Bah, new page.

Has anyone listened to Joey's new podcast "The Church of What's Happening Now?" I checked out an episode today and it's pretty good. It seems to just be Joey telling awesome stories and just rambling about whatever he wants. I don't know how to feel about his co-host though.

Birthday Cake fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 15, 2012

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

I know it shouldn't be a big deal but I get irrationally annoyed whenever redban says "wrold" instead of "world."

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

toggle posted:

I thought he was on the run?

He's in Belize apparently. The interview was done via skype at a seemingly random time earlier today.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Brians jokes about cats with vests was pretty funny though. I turned off the McAfee soon after it started. I can understand why someone in his position would be defensive, but it still seemed like an awkward interview.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

wolfbiker posted:

Does anyone in this thread actually like TJRE? Because it seems like everyone who posts in here just complains about Rogan/Redban/the podcast and picks apart what's said. Or is it one of those things where it's not cool to like it or you're embarrassed to admit it, so you have to poo poo on it?

This is pretty much the norm for all of SA.

bango skank posted:

Uhh, Tom Segura loving owns and is one of the better guests. So you can go to onnit.com and go gently caress yourself.

Keep your jeans high and tight!

Birthday Cake fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 18, 2012

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

You guys should check out the podcast with David Choe. I've found most of the recent episodes to be real :rolleyes:. This one was good though, David Choe is a real cool guy that keeps the conversation interesting, Yoshi is pretty good too.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

I felt this was akin to someone trying to get in as many yearbook pictures as possible.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Dee Jango
He said it again on last nights episode with Duncan, he has to be joking by now right...right?

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Brekelefuw posted:

It was like listening to three high school kids get drunk for the first time. Horrible podcast.

It was horrible, but definitely my favorite podcast in awhile. The last 40 minutes or so was so much fun, I loved hearing Shane Smith yell "DEATHSQUAD!"

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

ZeroDays posted:

I may have missed it, but who is this JD Kelly from the recent podcast? As far as I could work out, he's just someone who posts on the Rogan board? :confused:

You got it.

vvv I haven't been able to convince myself to listen to that latest Duncan podcast, it just seems too depressing. Knowing Duncan though he probably makes it pretty uplifting.

Birthday Cake fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 21, 2013

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

icebeam! posted:

Excuses for him? All this thread is is people whining about him/nodding their heads in agreement that he's stupid. I kind of stopped listening a while back, but still check the thread randomly. I'm confused as to why most people who post in this thread even listen to the podcast?

familiarity breeds contempt

Unrelated: "If everyone in this room can get along, then everyone in the world can definitely get along." Diaz didn't buy that for one second.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

I tried listening to the lasest ice house (65)

I start it out, and joe's talking about feminists. Ok whatever, fast forward. More feminist talk, fast forward. I eventually fast forwarded to AN HOUR AND A HALF and he was still talking about feminists.

I had to turn it off. He's his own worst PR man.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

jyrka posted:

What did he say about the ol' feminists?

The same stuff he's been saying for the past 3 or 4 podcasts. Trying to save face for all this twitter trouble he's gotten into lately.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Pretty much, just for an hour and a half.

On a more positive note, GSP on tuesday.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

I'm seeing Joey Diaz live tomorrow. Does anyone that has been to his live shows know if he sells merch afterwards? With Joey, I could see it going either way.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Joey Diaz live was awesome. After the show he came out and smoked/told stories with the 10 or so people that stayed behind, he hung around for about an hour. It was just like sitting in on a podcast, really surreal.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Joey Diaz is going to be on Artie Lange's show tomorrow. I bet those two guys could trade stories for days.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

http://www.artielangeshow.com/

Looks like it's not until 2AM eastern time, not quite sure when it's uploaded.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

ZeroDays posted:

I'm finally at the stage where I'm bored of the JRE and only drop in for Triple-A guests. Since December 2011 I've listened to literally every episode (okay, maybe I skipped a couple) since my work has tremendous latitude with regard to iPods, so it's been a great run, but like people in this thread used to say (and that I internally dismissed), he's basically covered all ground he's possible of covering, and there's nothing he can possibly say that I haven't heard before.

Still, off the back of the JRE I listen to The Drunken Taoist (Daniele Bolelli), Tangentially Speaking (Chris Ryan) and of course The Duncan Trussell Family Hour, so definitely been worth it. I tried the Skeptic Tank (Ari Shaffir) but Ari's such an exceptionally bad interviewer that I can't stomach it.

Try checking out Your Moms House, Tom Segura's podcast. It's real fun and lighthearted with a good back catalog of guests. Bert's podcast is pretty good too if you like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Speaking of Joey Diaz, his voicemail is pretty fantastic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3H0kSYkUHA&feature=youtube_gdata_player