Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

A witch is always a lady except when circumstances dictate otherwise.
I think I'm just repeating what's generally in this thread, but yes, I mostly listen to Rogan because 1. his standup, which he hones more than this show, is hilarious, and 2. I still remember loving him, and punk music in general, even during my secretly-listening-to-Sleater-Kinney youth. Yes, he's a meathead, and if he said half the poo poo he says on the show when he was sober and on TV, he could very well lose a significant portion of his non-meathead fanbase...but I have to say, amid all the weirdness, he's a real LGBT ally.

Like, holy hell, if anyone is going to change how the average dude sees queer folk, it's Joe Rogan. When Joe Rogan says there is no reason to see a man as less of a man because he fucks other men (and that we gay/bi girls are allowed to, you know, exist and that we do exist and that's cool and not just because it's hot), some homophobic meatheads might just learn something. That counts for something in my book, but being a loon is really actually grating me for the first time. Conspiracy/uber-libertarian bullshit is the quickest way for me to just lose tons of respect in someone. I'm so confused by skeptics and libertarians overlapping more and more lately--anyone else notice that? Liberal humanists are dwindling among self-proclaimed skeptics. I wish James Randi or Neil DeGrasse Tyson or Ursula K. Le Guin (because she's awesome, not because she's overtly skeptical) did a podcast. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU