Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calcaneus
Sep 12, 2010
I've only heard a few episodes but when they have a good guest on, this podcast is really cool. Rogan knows how to have a conversation and has something to say about most topics that are brought up. But when the conversation veers towards drugs I have to switch it off. Not that I'm a prude who hates drugs, but I've never heard anyone who is so annoying about it. Well, other than Kevin Smith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calcaneus
Sep 12, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

It's pretty sweet how having "no boundaries" is a-okay when it comes to subjects like rape, but put Kramer on stage screaming "niggers", and it's a disaster for the entire profession.
I think one thing that makes the Kramer thing different than the Tosh thing, is that Kramer's rant was not about making jokes. He wasn't trying to be funny when talking about "niggers" and how "50 years ago you would be...", he was just angry. Whether you find it acceptable or not, its pretty clear that Tosh was making a joke. The reason less comedians would come to Kramer's defense, is because what Kramer did wasn't comedy.

Calcaneus
Sep 12, 2010

indoflaven posted:

Rape culture? What the gently caress is "rape culture" suppose to be? Pretty Kilstein is the only person using that term. He came off like he was just trying to be on a side. When there are none.
That is pretty much everyone's reaction to the term "rape culture" when they first come upon it. Especially if the wrong person is using it. If you care enough, just read up on it. The idea is a lot more legitimate than the podcast presents it as.