Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

codyclarke posted:

He can be pretty hypocritical. For instance, he'll go on about the benefits of vegetarian/vegan diets, and how much he's against inhumane treatment of animals, and then he'll end it with "...but steak is really good, so,"

Often times I think he's just trying to play devil's advocate, though.

But you see he ONLY eats grass fed cattle, it's different!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Peter North posted:

they didn't go deep into the loony bin like they did with Tsoukalos or like they always do with Duncan

What theories or things do you consider the "loony bin" when they get into those subjects? I find people to be dull if they just completely reject the ancient alien theory or the several topics they re-hash

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Grant DaNasty posted:

I still like the podcast, but I would be happy if I never had to hear again about McKenna and mushrooms being: the key to human evolution, the basis of Christianity, the subject of cave paintings, the basis of Christmas, etc.

all those subjects are better than what to put into a juicer or MMA news/talk.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

nemoulette posted:

Comedy and MMA is basically the only thing I listen for, other when they actually have a really interesting guest (like Bourdain or that Vice TV dude). Granted, I'm fascinated by both those subjects but goddammit Joe has some really loving dumb opinions on basically EVERYTHING ELSE.

It's a lot like Michael Moore films, it's all fine and dandy but as soon as he touches on a subject that you actually know something about you realize how wrong he is/how much he's skimming the surface. I literally cannot skip a podcast where they start talking about Julian Assange et al, they are just so goddamn ignorant.

Fair enough, I like his conspiracy theories, crazy mushroom mckenna, ancient alien talk because fun based theories which are an alternate take than what you grow up learning yet they're crazy like they can be dismissed as fake either.

I literally can't skip a podcast faster than talking about last weekends comedy zone show

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

but waking up to the legend of Zelda theme every morning? Really, Brian?

what's the big deal? are you suddenly an immature manchild if you don't go with the traditional "beep beep" alarm vs. some fun sound that reminds you of a video game you played when you were a kid?

i don't see the criticism here?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Is there a better line than:

You sucked dick for 20 years and now you wanna change governments!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

ToasterOven posted:

Chael was outstanding. Definitely worth listening to. It was nice to have Brian back, too.

Was it 2+ hours of MMA talk?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Is there any kind of episode synopsis that's posted? Some shows go 2.5-3 hours and I'd rather just read a quick sentence or two of what they talk about instead of listening to 40 minutes of "how do you get into comedy" talk before deleting it

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Anyone know the video Joe was talking about with Eddie Bravo that the Ancient Aliens got mad at Rogan because he re-tweeted it

I guess it was some religious guy debunking the Ancient Alien theories or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Where has Redban been the past few eps?