Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

yeah, watching the video the only thing i was thinking throughout the whole thing was "it must be so hard for ari to sit there and bite his tongue for 40 minutes while Brian is legitimately trainwrecking"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

DerbyTime!!! posted:

Definitely went eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegh when Dice was like, play my son's music right this instant, and then actually shushed them when someone started an attempt at a segue like 30 seconds into the song.

yeah a parent being proud of their children's talent (especially when they were 13 and 17) is STUUPID

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

ZeroDays posted:

For podcast entertainment purposes it is. You must eat all that facebook baby poo poo right up.

talking about what's appropriate content for podcast entertainment in the Joe rogan experience thread, what a hoot!

edit: really though, you're listening to a podcast that has no structure content-wise as in they literally talk about anything and everything from dramatic to comedic tone every episode and you're "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegh"ing over a man genuinely enthusiastic about his kids band (which they were talking about)

for people that like dice, it's a really great episode... and for people that don't know him realize going in that, like joey diaz, he's a huge personality who has a lot of opinions he strongly vocalizes that you just take with a grain of salt

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 13, 2012

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

turinpt posted:

I haven't listened in a few months, what happened with Brian?

I remember Rogen talking about him as if he was his twin soul, together forever.

basically Brian's been really overworked for the last year without pay (Joe pays him but that has nothing to do with Deathsquad), and during the Icehouse Chronicles he would keep $150 a show without paying most of the comedians (as there was never a set rule on pay) because he felt it was his way of being reimbursed for everything he does since he produces 10+ podcasts for free. Duncan called him out on a podcast for not paying the comedians, then on a later podcast with Ari on JRE they brought up what Duncan said and all the stress/overworking caused him to have a legitimate meltdown. Also before this Jay Mohr made a bunch of really mean tweets about someone insinuating they were about Brian (which apparently he said they weren't but that's nonsense because they're all spot on) so that added a lot of fuel to the darkness in him. On the latest Icehouse he says "I've had the worst month of my whole entire life. Three things happened, one I don't feel like talking about, two I CAN'T talk about, and three I don't feel like talking about."

I honestly feel really bad for him with all that's happened. It has to suck when 70% of the fanbase for your network's podcasts that you put all of your waking hours into hate you and TELL you they hate you on twitter/JRE boards/facebook/etc. All of the hatred he gets is imo the core of his meltdown. Yeah yeah he's a dumb/childish person and at times can be a straight up lovely human being, but he reminds me of that friend you've had for years that's a complete idiot who would never be your friend if he wasn't already your friend yet you still like him.

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 14, 2012

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Advice posted:

It's also possible he stayed in character assuming that's what Joe wanted for his podcast. Which is probably right.

Im not sure if it was because he knew that's what Joe wanted or not, but he definitely had a foot inside his personas door

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Is anyone else really turned off by Freddy? At first I liked him and I listened to a couple episodes of What's Good, but on IHC he comes off as a huge sperglord. Like he will literally stop the conversation so he can tell everyone the trivial things he knows.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Apparently Joe has now been awarded his BJJ black belt by Eddie Bravo. I don't know if he deserves it or not, but I know a blue belt buddy of mine tapped him out in training a few months back~

You mean during practice where it's 70% intensity/the goal isn't to win or lose, and after he just got done with a 6 month acl recovery?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Thanks for letting me know what the word "training" entails, I wouldn't have known otherwise

Then why would the color of someone else's belt negate Joe's just because he beat Joe in a scenario where winning/losing doesn't determine skillset and Joe hadn't practiced for 6 months?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I just listened to the episode with Andy Dick, WHY COULD IT NOT HAVE BEEN EIGHT MORE HOURS LONG. It was the hardest I've laughed from JRE, and it really sucks that Joe won't have him back on. Listen to it if you haven't.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Where was the Barnett episode recorded?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Cromulent posted:

I really don't know what to expect from MJK. Does Rogan even like Tool? I've literally never heard him talk about them or Maynard. I'm sure Redban has, but we all know how that'll go. "So like, what made you decided to start Tool, like, hanging out with Trent Reznor and stuff like that?"

Do you need to like someone's art to have an interesting conversation with them?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I've always enjoyed Duncan on JRE and understood that he knew what he was talking about, and I just started listening to DTFH so I don't know if this is one of his traits, but the way he handled that conversation with Graham was impressive. I've only heard of Graham on JRE and I know there was controversy with the things that he had said, but I get the feeling he is very well educated on the topics which he extensively talks about whether they are right or wrong, and Duncan's ability to converse with Graham on that level surprised me a little. There wasn't a period of time in the episode where I thought Duncan felt uncomfortable with his knowledge compared to Graham's, and now I realize I need to plow through every DTFH episode.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I just wish Shane would get into depth about just one of the things he starts talking about.

That's a pretty impossible feat when you're talking with someone who has a bad characteristic of interrupting a person every 2 seconds.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

wolfbiker posted:

Does anyone in this thread actually like TJRE? Because it seems like everyone who posts in here just complains about Rogan/Redban/the podcast and picks apart what's said. Or is it one of those things where it's not cool to like it or you're embarrassed to admit it, so you have to poo poo on it?

They're people with personality flaws who talk for two hours at a time, and we're people that have listened to 100+ hours of them talking. You tend to get nag about those flaws.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

-Atom- posted:

So yesterday Joe had a professional pool player on? I'm downloading it now, but man, I don't know about the rest of you but it always makes me laugh when Joe goes on some dumb pool tangent.

I don't know.. for me it's pretty interesting listening to someone talk in depth about a game that needs an incredible amount of dedicated precision by someone who spent a considerable amount of their time trying to perfect a craft which is seen as simply a bar game played by gambling addicted shlums. What aspects about his conversations on the sport of pool do you find as ""dumb"?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

I think I unironically thought this at some point, but I've become so jaded that I'm honestly unsure. Can you even imagine?

{the thought of every single person who didn't really know who Joe Rogan was and listened to 40+ JRE episodes in two weeks}

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

e: drunk posting

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 6, 2013

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

If you guys like VICE I highly recommend getting The Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll. It's a compilation of articles from their magazine over the years sectioned out in Sex/Drugs/Rock n Roll, and the perfect coffee table book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Sam Tripoli I can handle, Eddie Bravo on the other hand...