Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Oh Joe... Nootropic isn't pronounced like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

AndIRanSoFarAway posted:

I tapped out after the 15 minutes off the top about their love affair with Apple and how lovely everything else is (including Linux). Also, how these "tech-savvy" individuals are unaware that "PC" stands for "personal computer". The reason Apple couldn't include specific brand names for their competition was because of the legal repercussions of a slanderous/libelous advert campaign.
Sorry I shut up.

I think it's funny/sad/ironic every time he says "OS 'ECKS'" instead of 10.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

They're a class of drugs called "nootropics." The active chemicals in Alpha Brain are Choline and Huperzine A. They aren't placebo, and there's a thread in TCC about them.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I haven't taken any Alpha Brain, but I was on piracetam and choline for about 3 months earlier this year and definitely experienced results. Huperzine A is pretty popular by judging on various nootropic distributors' catalogs.

I'd still assume they're overstating the effects though, even on piracetam and pramiracetam (much more potent) I never had a full on lucid dream or experienced some revelation about my life, sure they help with motivation a little and various other subtle things but these aren't the magic genius pills he's selling them as.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Admittedly, the show is spotty in terms of quality, but it's pretty crazy how awesome and hilarious this podcast is since it's just stream of consciousness talking. No pre-production, no organized schedule, just a few dudes talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Also, burning churches.

:black101: