Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe seems to have a stick in his rear end about 'alternative comedians'. What/who the hell is he talking about, anyway? I've always figured that alternative comedy was comedy that people do in bars rather than comedy clubs (so like... Patton Oswalt and Eugene Mirman and stuff)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
"I'm not the 1%"

A thing that somebody who has been a network TV star ever since 1994 said in real life last week.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/joe-rogan-net-worth/

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 20, 2012

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Here have some rapechat with Dana White

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/video/dana-white-interview-on-torres-release-517224386/

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

indoflaven posted:

Rape culture? What the gently caress is "rape culture" suppose to be? Pretty Kilstein is the only person using that term. He came off like he was just trying to be on a side. When there are none.

"I haven't heard of this commonly accepted concept that exists so its the concept that's stupid and not me"

- Kurt Cobaib

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe Rogan is going to talk at him about sasquatch maybe existing for 2 hours :sigh:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Evil Agita posted:

The JR podcast is about getting swole as gently caress and making car noises bitches.

That's preposterous.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Demie posted:

On the kat von d episode, redban said there's no way he'll be there.

I was hoping that they'd patch things up, but I'm not surprised that several months later redban is still being a huge child about this, long after Duncan apologized

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Cataffy posted:

Oh they definitely worked it out. Later on in the latest IHC they even have 15 minutes alone time talking about how happy they are to be on friendly terms again.
Check it out, it was a really funny IHC. Joe got pretty hammered at the end, Bert was sober, and Segura killed it. Great episode.

:unsmith:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

TwistedNails posted:

brian redban ‏@redban
You heard right guys! @kpereira is joining the #DEATHSQUAD family! - DETAILS SOON!

gently caress YEAHHH!

Pointless Audio prank calls to laundromats and IRC users' moms, hooray! :v:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Dip Facial posted:

Duncan's Graham Hancock episode was great. That guy sure can talk. I cracked up a couple times at Duncan just not being able to get a word in.

Probably for the best, because Duncan's skype connection thingy was echoing like crazy for at least half of the show

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I like that Joe lives in a part of the country that's clearly going to be going to the Dems in the upcoming election, so that I can laugh at his silly political opinions instead of cower in fear that people like him may actually have a chance of being lawmakers.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
ahahaha it's sweet that his new internet radio show is named the same thing as the internet radio show he did when he was in highschool

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8A93DE03C63A8471

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Alex Grey sounds fried and used the word "infinitude" within 2 minutes of his introduction.

I have a feeling this one is going to be a great podcast in a :psyduck: kind of way

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Pocket Billiards posted:

Asprey was talking about how great Yak meat was and Redban was goofing around with it.

Grass fed yaks.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Loving Life Partner posted:

I love Shane Smith, and I wish his vision of media would crystallize into existence sooner/faster.

I fistpumped so hard when I heard about Vice starting a news channel, then my truck crashed into a pole and now I'm dead.

Also McAfee seems like a loving moonbat.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Eddie Bravo holds a special place in my heart as the only JRE guest who can ever make Joe say "This is a crazy conspiracy and you're full of poo poo"

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

WHY SEE ESS posted:

Has anyone listened to the Russell Peters/Mix Master Mike podcast yet? I got to the part where Mike says "look, I don't have a problem with homos, but" and just turned it off.

What was after the "but..."?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

What was after the "but..."?

Nevermind... It was something like "but a lot of electronic music is (literally) gay"

Is it really a surprise that a minority directly responsible for the creation of a modern musical genre would have some affinity for that musical genre?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I just spent $5 on Joe's new special and I'm seriously considering tweeting/emailing him and asking if I can have my money back, because I thought it was pretty lousy.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Grant DaNasty posted:

You're not alone. I've enjoyed his previous specials, but I only laughed a few times at this one. The material didn't seem clever at all. Instead it just sounded like ramblings he came up with while high in the isolation tank... which was probably the case.

The ideas weren't even original thoughts. They were just rehashed "it would be cool if..." high school level comedy writing that he already exhausted in past specials. It's all there: gorilla loving, mountain lions, absurd theories about existence that Joe actually believes in real life, thinking aloud about how gross vaginas look and how dumb women are, and 7 solid minutes on getting tricked into gay sex.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

wolfbiker posted:

It's mundane and silly to those who aren't into pool. Just like how anyone who isn't into (insert sport here) doesn't want to hear about the intricacies of the game.

I liked the recent episode with the pro poker player who has become like... a life coach (or something) for MMA fighters, where they didn't even really talk about what he does and just talked about dolphin sex for a couple of hours

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe's opinions about things should only get expressed on the show if they were conceived in a "wouldn't it be crazy if..." drug haze so that I can just laugh at how crazy these things are (bigfoot) without having to put thought into the fact that Joe probably actually believes them (AIDS denial)

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

-Atom- posted:

Also, during that five hour long Bert Kreischer episode at some point Joe starts comparing Google Adsense to some weird simulation theory and I couldn't stop laughing.

I don't think he was comparing it so much as he was saying that it was evidence that simulation theory is accurate lmao

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

SKULE123 posted:

Not all the way through it, but it was interesting to hear NDT come out swinging against moon landing denials, and to hear Joe slowly ramp up his defensiveness.

All of the instances of Joe presenting 'hypothetical' arguments that 'some people' who are 'conspiracy minded' might say (with every single listener knowing completely that he was talking about himself) and NDT just bitchslapping every single point had me perpetually cumming for like 45 minutes.

Listening to the conspiracy nuts, the self-proclaimed experts, etc was like a build up to this podcast where somebody who actually knows what they're talking about and can explain themselves concisely just smashed all the goofy bullshit.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 11, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
There's a guy who's going to debate/destory Peter Duesberg

Watch it end up being some other crotchety old psycho who has been relegated to permanently teaching a single 101 course because he has tenure and can't be fired :allears:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Has anybody ever mailed something to Stanhope's house?

Or for that matter, is going to his house for the superbowl?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

sweet_jones posted:

Since I can say this about fewer and fewer episodes, I thought I'd check in to say I enjoyed the Dana White episode. Joe's explanation of Snoop Dogg weed versus Carl Sagan weed was pretty interesting.

I think my favorite part was his rant about that mermaid show on Animal Planet because you just loving know he went online after watching it to see if it was real.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

JamMaster Flash posted:

That was brilliant. I haven't been listening for the past couple months, just not as much headphones time on my hands. Any good ones lately?

Eddie Huang is a really interesting person (read his book, it's really good).

Also, the crazy alien person who says he can summon aliens with the power of thought is a smug prick. Best part of the podcast was every time he got a "how dare you ask me that question" tone in his voice when Joe innocently asked him to explain any of the poo poo he was talking about and every time he backpedaled when Joe said that he would personally like to see some poo poo that the guy claimed to exist like the whole "summon aliens with coherent thought" poo poo

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 6, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I'm having a really hard time listening to the latest Duncan podcast with his mom for more than 3 minutes at a time :smith:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Don Of The Dead posted:

I was pretty confused by that too. All he does is repeat things that were said on other podcasts and agree with rogan and redban on everything. I couldn't finish it.

They introduced him as a physicist who posts on his forum and then they didn't talk to him about physics once.

Has transchat stopped in recent episodes? Because holy poo poo every single episode I've listened to (up to Ben Hoffman) since David Lee Roth has been a loving cringefest because Joe just won't loving shut up about a 40 year old Z-league can opener who will fade into obscurity as soon as anybody with a hint of talent destroys her.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe Rogan is a MRA now and he thinks its very important that you watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNzxdxTM5UI

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 1, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Joey Donuts posted:

Those videos are amazing. You can feel his seething hatred for women in a lot of it. Did Joe say what he thought of these videos? Was he taking them seriously?

He said it was a very smart video that described the situation of 'donglegate' and the background mentalities surrounding it accurately

So yeah, Joe Rogan is a poo poo.

Edit:

I didn't know that he tweeted it, but he talked about it on his podcast and described it how I put it above. He usually tries to keep his misogyny quiet, but it comes out sometimes, usually when there's something that shows up in pop culture like the dongle thing. He's said in the past that guys who are into feminism are just trying to be nice to women in order to get laid, that they're weak gender traitors (a real quote), and other poo poo like that. All pretty standard libertarian MRA shitlord points of view.

It's kind of hilarious considering all of his lip service about hallucinogens magically turning you into an empathetic good person.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 5, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Lovechop posted:

"If you're a man and you call yourself a feminist I hope you choke to death on vegan pizza while crying over a lady gaga song." Hahahah

TREATING WOMEN LIKE HUMAN BEINGS WORTHY OF CONSIDERATION AND RESPECT JUST MAKES ME SO.... ARGHHHHH *pops alpha brain, punches wall*

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Joe Rogan should explore the mystery of why people pay money to see his stand up.

Jokes about gorillafucking and getting tricked into gay sex don't just stop being funny the 4th time you rehash the exact same concept and pass it off as new material :rolleyes:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I don't remember the exact line but during the most recent podcast Joey Diaz said something along the lines of "IF YOU TELL ME YOU LISTEN TO DAVE MATTHEWS BAND I'LL loving PISTOL WHIP YOU" and it was the best thing since blue cheese

Also Joe did some mansplaining about how he doesn't actually mean it when he says that feminism is bad and then went on to say that guys who say they are feminists are weak human beings. :allears:

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 14, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

icebeam! posted:

I'm confused as to why most people who post in this thread even listen to the podcast?

"You know what's terrorism, dog? Subway sandwiches."

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Birthday Cake posted:

The same stuff he's been saying for the past 3 or 4 podcasts. Trying to save face for all this twitter trouble he's gotten into lately.

So "it's hard for me to condense my opinions into just 140 characters and people are going to overreact to a tweet when it's clearly obviously a joke. Anyway, feminists are unnatural gender traitors because..."?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
"Who is Kumail Nanjiani?" -- Joe Rogan, self-declared standup comedy fan

I have a feeling that any of the standups who have broken into the mainstream in the past couple of years like Kumail, Eugene Mirman, Kristen Schaal, Kurt Braunohler and any other associated acts who do kinda surrealist humor are completely unknown by Joe.

Joe Rogan is basically the little girl in Kristen Schaal's new special

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 28, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Law Cheetah posted:

It's probably just that those guys are all from the alt scene and Joe only hangs out at clubs

I still don't know what alt comedy is after hearing Joe bitch about it for 2 years :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

XIII posted:

I was listening to Bert's podcast last night and he was saying he and Paul F. Tompkins don't like each. If that's the case, I'm siding with Bert. His laugh alone is enough to reduce me to tears.

His high-pitched babble-giggling can win over the hearts and minds of entire nations :allears: