Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Comprehensive list of reasons why Bill Burr thinks alt-comedy is bad

- The crowds aren't full of assholes and wear skinny and/or loose jeans
- The comics are too nice and don't make jokes about airplane food
- Alt-comics go on before club comics at comedy festivals which is bad because I guess that makes Bill Burr's unique takes on being mad at customer service and arguing with girlfriends less funny or something?

This seems like a well-reasoned opinion by somebody who isn't irrationally upset at the success of other people.

Edit: Also his analogy that some day a comic from the mainstream is going to come up and just smash everybody's perception of alt-comedy ala Nirvana is hilarious but for none of the reasons that he thinks it might be

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Whenever Joe has a real scientist on, I get excited because it forces Joe to acknowledge how unfounded and silly his beliefs sound when he's around somebody who actually has some background knowledge on the subject at hand.

I am going to perpetually cum for hours on end if that debate between Peter Duesberg and a real scientist actually happens.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obnfiShqsFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFoC9QPduKc

Yessss

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I'm just loving all of the Eddie Ifft stories that he won't finish or refuses to give important details for because of reasons that he refuses to give.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 3, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Aubrey can be fun because he has good hallucinogen stories, at least.

I haven't tried butter in coffee before but MCT or coconut oil in coffee tastes tropical as heck

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I'm about halfway through the podcast with Kelly Starrett and it's loving hilarious. He keeps trying to make MMA and standup comedy analogies which Joe keeps shutting right down, is clearly incapable of understanding how jokes work, and at one point has sighed loudly and super passive-aggressively before restarting the same sentence 5 or 6 times while Joe keeps interrupting him.

It's no Jamie Kilstein, but he's giving this guy less room to explain himself and his opinions about how the human body works than the AIDS denialist weirdo.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 11, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe Rogan Experience: THAT SHOULD BE A MEME

Ugh.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I listened to some libertarian unremarkably show a complete absence of understanding of the executive branch of the American government while Joe was the voice of reason about politics yesterday afternoon. Holy poo poo.

Why do Americans think that the president can just will laws into or out of existence without cooperation from the legislative branch?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
For me, Kevin's podcast will always be him prank calling his neighbors and ranting about Quake 2 :allears:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Is there a link to the JRE drinking game anywhere? I've heard people reference drinking whenever Joe mentions large cats or says the word "preposterous", but otherwise don't know what else there is and it would be fun to have something to do while listening to the show on long commutes to work.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Are there any other good diet/nutrition expert based episodes? I've listened to the Paleo diet guy and the bulletproof coffee guy episodes and I really like hearing about the various alternative food options and the like, so are there any good ones the thread'd recommend? Preferably somebody who has a way for you to eat whole grains?

Mike Dolce was on the show as a ploy to get Joey Diaz to lose weight. It's about as hilarious as you'd expect.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe Rogan Questions Everything S02E01 - Rape Culture

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I listened to the podcast with just Brian and they referenced the guy who was on previously, saying "he has his opinion and he's entitled to it and..." so I checked it out, thinking he was a crazy conspiracy guy.

Nope, he runs a website where he debunks chemtrails. Oh, Joe

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
The stuff about the Tony Hawk video game guy was in regards to 9/11 poo poo. How kept insisting that the manoeuvres to hit the Pentagon would be impossible to do without using drones or some poo poo.

He says as much poo poo as he can without being confrontational, but he's a classic conspiracy theorist who can't be swayed with any evidence.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

beep by grandpa posted:

Duncan was responsible for my favorite JRE moment of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfy7LQFuM9E

This is what I link people whenever somebody asks me what I find entertaining about JRE when it's pretty common knowledge that Joe has dumbass shithead opinions about a bunch of stuff.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I'm getting pretty tired of Joe, Duncan, and Ari having paranoid libertarian windbags on their programs to talk about NSA poo poo. Make with the jokes post-haste, funnymen :argh:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Buck Angel is sitting there, giggling like an idiot while Joe unironnically uses the term "white knight" to describe men who think that women should be treated like humans for the 90th episode in a row V:shobon:V

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Pocket Billiards posted:

2 hours in and it's all been railroaded into Fox Fallon and some bullshit about PZ Myers being a creepy goon, apart from a little bit about Buck discussing the sex change process 2 decades ago.

Got Joe using 'cis-gendered' freely which is loving hilarious in and of itself.

The Fallon Fox discussion was actually pretty good and levelheaded. And getting a meathead like Joe using the cis pronoun is pretty hilarious

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I've been listening to Ari Shaffir's podcast quite a bit lately; his guests aren't big names usually, but they're usually really interesting people. I really enjoyed the most recent one with the comic who is bipolar and one from last month with the atheist highschool girl who went to court over having a prayer mural removed from her school.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Pocket Billiards posted:

Just got around to the Duncan and Joey #400 episode.

When they bring up Duncan's girlfriend he gets uncomfortable and starts mumbling about the Bhagavad Gita and Joey Diaz says "Oh Jesus Christ, here we go. It's loving Hindu time." Cracked me up.

"How stoned are you on the scale of 1 to a billion?"

"I'm about a 6"

That got me. Had to pull over because he just said it so casually after being too stoned to say anything for like 20 minutes.

So, I'm thinking of making "it has been x shows since Joe Rogan bitched about feminism" webpage but I don't know how many shows back I'd have to listen to in order to hear one that was feminismchat free to set as a baseline.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I imagine Joe made his first million when he was on News Radio.

The fact that he has been a millionaire for almost 20 years probably influences his libertarian ideals more than he cares to admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Eddie Bravo episode. I was hoping for some MMA poo poo, but I survived all of 15 minutes before they got into HIV denial poo poo