Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

rivid posted:

Does anybody know about the thing Stanhope said he couldn't talk about the last time he was on the show? I heard a that he won the court case over whatever it was.
A comic friend of his recently confronted a guy who molested him like 30 years ago. I believe they got it on film, and the guy then took them to court to try to prevent it from getting out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Brekelefuw posted:

It was like listening to three high school kids get drunk for the first time. Horrible podcast.
That sucks. Shane Smith is a really interesting guy and one of his appearances was really good, but I feel like every other time he's been on he's just too drunk or without sleep or something.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

It should be called "Can You Imagine?"

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

"If I were more conspiracy minded, I might say...."

That Neil Degrasse Tyson was the worst poo poo ever. I kept skipping ahead in 15 minute increments trying to get past the embarrassing moon landing chat, and would keep stopping at Joe saying "If I were the type to believe that it was a hoax, I'd say...."

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Ariza posted:

Has anyone tried butter coffee yet? Who the gently caress thought to mix butter with coffee? Unsurprisingly, the mycotoxin nonsense is based on a misunderstanding of a scientific article. I do want to taste it but it's too expensive for a laugh.
I remember seeing a blog where someone tried it (I don't think they were a JRE listener, just someone who stumbled upon the guy's coffee) and he said it tasted like poo poo and would never drink it again.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

He wore one on that Joe Rogan Conspiracy show that just aired the other night.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

andstufflikethat

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Is the coffee guy you're speaking of the "butter coffee" guy, or is it someone else?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

For what it's worth I listened to about an hour of the Attell show (my first JRE in quite some time) and thought it was good. Joe wasn't too overbearing, Dave was funny. Attell had a great off-the-cuff line about proms, Joe brought up doing prom shows as a young comic and Dave's like "Proms are different these days because the kids always have some social/political message involved. 'I'm gonna take a spotted owl as my date and you can't stop me.'"

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I like Fitzsimmons a lot and listen to his podcast pretty regularly, but it drives me crazy that his radio show is called "The Greg Fitzsimmons Show" and his podcast is called "Fitzdog Radio."

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

It was worth listening to for Doug, but super-deep philosophical Bert is a bit much. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he was drunk, but every single thing has to be this profound and deep statement. Every story Doug tells is met with something like "That's such an defining moment in the mind of a comic..." He's taking on that Rogan-like thing of just blowing his own dumb mind with his own babble.

EDIT: At one point Bert says "Joey Diaz is one of the funniest human beings I've ever known." That's just straight-up stolen verbatim from Rogan. Really douchey.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 23, 2014

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Does he still do that thing where when the commercials start he says "Lots of people bitch about these commercials at the start, but we try to make them interesting. It's like a conversation instead of a pre-recorded ad. But maybe we should figure something else out." and then he just does the same 16 minute commercial block as always.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Apoplexy posted:

Can someone fill me in on why this was a big deal? I thought she hosed other people sometimes, a bus driver seems to come to mind?, and that they basically weren't loving anyway anymore.
Bingo was gonna leave anyway because she's kind of gone off the rails (even more). She thinks her new boyfriend IS Doug (she has episodes where she confuses people for one another). She said she used to be able to blame it on being hosed up on drugs, but she sobered up and was even more confused, ("There's no way this is all real. A small-town girl like me doesn't hang out with Johnny Depp. There's no way Johnny Depp read my book.") She basically just snapped when she found her friend's body after he killed himself a year or so ago and has been getting worse and worse. Not exactly a traditional breakup.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Yeah, Stanhope and Depp are legit friends. Doug was amazed that Johnny had never been to Target before, so there are a bunch of pictures out there of the two of them pushing around a red cart and loving off, surrounded by body guards.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

*flicks lighter* Look at that, I just made fire in an instant. How weird is that? They just sell these things to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

hot sauce posted:

What is Joey Jingles?
Doug used to keep a jar of change at his house in LA like 15 years ago, and he noticed that after Joey would come over, the jar was empty. So Doug (lightheartedly) confronted Joey about it on the podcast a few years ago, and Joey seemed to get defensive. "What, you think I was stealing your change to do my loving laundry or something??" I can't recall if Doug actually heard Joey's pockets jingling with change or not.