Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Also McAfee seems like a loving moonbat.

For a guy worried about looking insane on national TV and such, he does a fine job of his own looking insane. A 17 year old girlfriend for a 67 year old man. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
So I tried to watch Rogan's new standup special with my sister over Xmas. Holy poo poo, was it ever terrible. Every joke was about blowing dudes. I saw him two years and it was night and day how different it was. The time travel joke which was really loving funny, somehow in two years became terrible. The podcast is having the reverse effect he thinks it is having.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Love that Redban loves being a 5 year old with sound effects so much that he can't forget to turn off the echo for this Shane Smith podcast.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Joe is in his mid 40s and grew up in Boston. I have no idea why he says dumb poo poo!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Bohemian Nights posted:

I wonder if his last special was unfunny because it was just rehashed podcast stuff and most of us have become jaded to anything JRE, or because it was just truly bad. I mean, I have a faint recollection of liking (or at the very least laughing along with) the spike tv special. The last one was awful.

I watched it with family and we all agreed it was awful.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Honestly there were times I loved this podcast. There were interesting people and characters. Now that we've kind of know everything about everyone, it's just us focusing on their warts. I don't really listen much anymore but the podcast still has great moments. I kinda turned on Joe after seeing his last special, which was just an hour long dick joke. Which was bizarre since when I saw him almost two years ago it was an entirely different set that was actually funny.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I've dipped out of this podcast a while ago but I still listen with good guests. I just about made a fool of myself at the gym during episode 400 when they comment on how high Joey Diaz is. He hasn't really spoken all podcast.

His response? "I'm about a six."

Died.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

oneliquidninja posted:

Nah, he's just an rear end in a top hat. There was a thread recently in GBS that turned into a whole debate about this poo poo. One poster mentioned a ten year old niece or something that had to go on some medicine that destroyed her metabolism and caused her to gain a bunch of weight which of course caused her to get mocked at school and get depressed. Point being, it's not as cut and dried as "you're fat and it's your fault fatty."

I would say that is the vast minority. As someone who de-fattened(?) himself I can't disagree with Joe. But he always wasn't saying what you are inferring. I know we all like to poo poo on him but let's not put words in his mouth. I hope your niece the best. Being fat in school sure sucked for me but I didn't have an excuse really except my parents not teaching me how to eat properly.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Some people would see that image and get motivated. Other would look at that image and get offended. Can't please everyone. There was a huge discussion about this in YLLS if you want to read over it.

Although I got burned out and bored by this podcast, I will say Rogan did inspire me to get healthy and live a better life. He can be a tremendous poo poo head on certain topics, but everyone has their faults. Does it make him a bad person? Certainly not. People are far too quick to jump down people's throats than simply trying some good ol' understanding.

I think when stuff like this happens, it bring forth something that is truly only happening to this generation. People who are depressed about their own lives' can simply go on the internet and vomit at people they are jealous/hateful of. People can post things on the internet with good intentions, and get completely poo poo on by miserable assholes. Sure, it takes a bit of narcissism to even make the image to begin with, but you really can't think it was made to fat shame. I hate that that is even a thing. Fat shaming, skinny shaming, everything gets shamed. No one can be happy. gently caress this Earth.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
You wanna talk about it man?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I haven't listened to this podcast in months and months. Have there been any standout episodes lately?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I tune out for a bit but Joe does have a good show still when he wants. The problem is he has the show multiple times a week and at long lengths. There is only so much to say.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Say what you want about Rogan but at least he is self aware of his meatheadedness.

e: also I think for his audience he has great sponsors. Dude isn't dumb when it comes to business.

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 27, 2014

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
When I feel myself writing a really long paragraph about an aspect of a podcast I don't like I typically reconsider listening to it, maybe you don't actually like the show?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I listen, much less than say, from the start to about two years in, but I listen. The problem is exactly what everyone says, weak guests and repetitive chats. It's best just to keep it to people you actually want to hear IMO

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I'm only six minutes in and I'm enthralled.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

always be closing posted:

The new jim Norton one had me laughing my rear end off. Commercials end @6:30.

Yeah quite a good episode

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

DJ BK posted:

last weeks ice house #100 had redban spilling the beans on a possible deathsquad bankruptcy. lol at that dude

Was never a fan of him but that's a real bummer. Not surprised though.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Duncan Trussell is a goddamn national treasure.

His intro to the second to last episode was amazing. Oculus Rift crucifixion project is genius.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
digging this thread out of the grave to say the Anthony Cumia podcast is complete poo poo

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I absolutely don't think this should've been public but I'm glad it is simply because other fighters might listen to and realize their health is more important. Rogan is in that deep conversation you have with a friend when there is something you tremendously gently caress up and I think he handled it well all things considered.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Don't bring UYD into this poo poo heap ok

Considering Rogan has to talk for 3-9 hours per week, a lot of poo poo gets said and people get bored hearing the same things over and over. Listen when you want to, skip when you don't like a guest. No big deal man, just good vibes and poo poo

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Joe Rogan is loving stupid

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Guessing Joe didn't ask anything about Conan or Letterman

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
So Joe Rogan harassed Neil Degrasse Tyson for an entire hour about the moon landing, but didn't ask a single question about Conan.

e: Jay Leno is a piece of garbage

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 9, 2015

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Jay is a real human being, with feelings and emotions and a thought process. Sadly, they all combine to lead him into being a giant piece of poo poo.

e: like seriously, he never loving talked to Conan after he killed his show

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Law Cheetah posted:

Its true, though. Jay didn't want to leave, Conan asked for his job, Jay played the company man, Conan failed in the timeslot, Jay got his job back and was number 1 again.

NBC wanted to keep Conan because he was super hot in the early 2000s, but he wanted the Tonight Show or else he was going elsewhere. They gave it to him but he had to wait years until it was his, presuming Leno would want to retire by then. Leno did not want to retire, and was going to leave for another network. NBC decided to have its cake and eat it too, and convinced Leno to stay with a 10pm time slot talk show. The show was an absolute ratings disaster, and completely killed Conan as a lead in. Leno's ratings were poorer than the Tonight Show, but he is Leno and was proven, plus they both had guarantees in their contract. NBC decided it was best to move Leno to 11:30 for a half hour show, and put the Tonight Show at midnight. Conan did not want to tarnish the legacy of the show, so he declined doing that.

Leno could've just bowed out and rode into the sunset, but one of them had to go. Leno refused and they decided to sack Conan, for what I think was around $30 million. The only thing this led to was NBC looking like a bigger joke than previously thought, and owing Conan tens of millions of dollars. Jeff Zucker is a truly awful businessman.

e: added more detail

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 16, 2015

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
the last thing I want is to hear him talk about feminine issues e.g. rape culture episode

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
no you see it is I who is the cool poster

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
no idea

Hunting is cool and fun I guess, not my thing to wake up at 3am to freeze for hours for nothing 90% of the time, but TEHO. I stopped listening when Rogan became obsessed with it and was often going on rants about rape culture and other BS so I had to dip out. Eps with Duncan and poo poo are still good though. Problem with the podcast is it goes too long too often and the same subject can only be discussed so many ways.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
let it out man, this is a safe place

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

jyrka posted:

Joe Rogan on the infinite monkey theorem: "There's no evidence to suggest that that would even be remotely possible."

:lol: Is this guy dumb or what?

I have this thing called the FART theory

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
this trolling sucks, take it to d&d gun thread this thread is for chill bros only

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
ah the salad days

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Nerds hate women because they won't gently caress them EXCEPT IF THEY WANT GOOD REVIEWS etc etc or some poo poo

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Keg posted:

Did the banana incident or the hot oil incident or his beliefs around thin privilege get brought up?

Care to explain this cause I do not know who he is and he looks like he is the type to be deep into MENS RIGHTS

e: a-yup

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 13, 2016

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Since I literally only listen to guests i know and like at this point, what exactly is his issue? I thought he was all for being cool to each other and other stoner/hippie talk, unless he is mocking the more bizarre tumblresque parts of it

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://twitter.com/joerogan/status/707764071555162112

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

beep by grandpa posted:

Thinking about seeing Joey Diaz live next month when he comes to Philly. Anyone here seen his live act?

I would go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/658458006947045376

Milo and crowder aren't entertaining or funny, they just desperately want attention. It's pretty easy to make it in the right wing echo chamber despite having no talent since it just requires you to be as hateful the next day as the last.