Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Callen is my favorite guest by a long shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Bunk Rogers posted:

Could you imagine the amount of shady rear end links those two click per minute?

Especially Brian with the way he searches.

But seriously I've used PCs my entire life and have never gotten a virus browsing the internet. The way he talks, you get one every single time you connect to the internet. But there are no viruses for Macs!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Mcqueen posted:

Or Quake post 1998.

Hey I still play quake3 (quake live now) :colbert:

I don't talk about it though.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Advice posted:

I have to admit, I considered myself pretty savvy and I got tricked once. Was on a roommate's laptop and a prompt to update Adobe (or so I thought) popped up. I got her a pretty nasty piece of malware that was really popular last year or so.

Yeah but even still...that's once, and it happens sometimes. It doesn't mean it can't happen on a mac, and it also doesn't mean that it happens every time you to go a website on a PC.

If you have a firewall set up, NoScript/Adblock, and an antivirus then I'd say for the most part you're going to be fine. Stuff can absolutely still happen, obviously, but its not really that hard.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

AltronHGX posted:

That was a pretty sweet 3 hour commercial for Onnit labs today.

I liked the other podcasts Aubrey was on and was excited about this one, but gently caress that was exhausting to get through.

Yeah I'm glad I didn't listen to it, the last time they had that dude on was boring as gently caress too. He's not a good guest at all but he's Joe's buddy so he'll keep getting on from time to time.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

God that was painful to listen to, Redban is dumber than any 5 year old that has ever existed. He just flat out refuses to be wrong.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I may be in the minority but Dice was awful. Trying to shoehorn his son into everything, talking about what a badass he is constantly, etc. Got very old very fast, I ended up turning it off.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm glad you said this Bohemian Nights. You've always appeared to me as a sensible and open minded poster.

I thought Chael was pretty good, but some of the things like that and "I'm surprised/glad you said that" that he kept repeating started to get annoying.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I thought it was funny on Ari's podcast this week, he asked his guest about the World Bank and how it worked, and the guest said he was surprised he didn't know since he hung out with Joe so much.

Ari said Joe was so deep into the conspiracy stuff that anytime he starts talking about it Ari just tunes him out and ignores it. Pretty much what I do now when it comes up on the show.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

toggle posted:

Nice line up on the podcast this week: Bryan Callen, Dice, Jamie Kilstein, Everlast and Duncan. Get it on

Ugh, Dice was atrocious the first time. I wonder if he'll bring his son with him again.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ZeroDays posted:

Maybe he's learned how it works and won't try appearing "in character" (or whatever the gently caress that was) this time.

Just from what I've gleaned from this and other podcasts, he's basically never not in character. He's apparently a complete dick and fucks with people 100% of the time, "but he never means it".

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

indoflaven posted:

Tom Segura, Duncan, and Ari are by far the best guests of all time. Joey is nice but he's a little too crazy(or gets too high).

Just as an aside, Ari had Bert on his podcast this past week, and it was outstanding. Ari's podcast is really, really good.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

The guy right next to Ari with the beard looks like Pat Coppolino

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I wonder if he'll bring up the moon landing being a hoax.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I'm not, I just got home. I never watch the livestream, I just download the podcast and listen at work. I may tune in for the hell of it though to see Tyson just destroy whatever he has to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Its fun for a while but eventually you'll start cherry picking guests and only listen then.

I dare you to try to make it through an Aubrey Marcus/Chris Marcus/whatever he calls himself episode.

But early ones where its just Joe and Ari, or Joe and Diaz, are awesome.