Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Deadlysherpa posted:

Rogan has a really interesting podcast. Everyone seems to really like nine tenths of the show and really hate the last tenth.

The last tenth is Redban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

moleman posted:

I love this show. It's hilariously enjoyable when you accept it for what it is: Rogan and his buddies are uncultured meatheads who are on a mission to improve themselves by taking a poo poo load of drugs and reading wikipedia articles on toxoplasmosis. It's a voyage of self discovery sponsored by the Fleshlight.

This is probably the best description of the Joe Rogan Experience I have seen.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Advice posted:

I wonder how much his living expenses are. I remember a recent podcast in which he said Joe paid for all their meals and he felt bad ordering things he would never order if he were paying. But 80k is more than enough to eat comfortably for most people.

I think Joe was talking about travel expenses and going out in general in that exchange.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Advice posted:

It's pretty funny because for all his crackpot theories about the moon landing and Sept. 11 attacks, he's the first to loudly mock and ostracize Alex Jones with an obnoxious mocking voice.

I can't get enough of Joe's Alex Jones impression.

Absolutely spot on.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Eddie Bravo is the worst guest Joe has by a mile.

I just like the MMA related talk, so he gets a pass from me most times.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Oh yeah, Bert Kreischer is going to be on the podcast today!

They better be drinking.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 11, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

Powerful @duncantrussell joins us on the podcast tomorrow at 4pm pacific #PRAISEODIN

Tomorrow will be a good day.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Hearing Redban obviously upset over not having a wiki page was so awesome.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

Late edition podcast today at 6pm Pacific - OLD SCHOOL just @redban and me, as per your requests!

I'm going to wait for people in this thread to listen to this before I give it a go.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Leo posted:

I miss Joey Diaz.

Mad Flavor will be on Monday, Dave Attell on Tuesday (maybe) and the Vice Guide guy perhaps on Thursday.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CortezFantastic posted:

Training all day, Joe Rogan podcast all night - Nick Diaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9R8BfMa08Y

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

glassy-eyed bambi posted:

also how is Joey Diaz only 48? He looks like he could be 60

CUZ HE'S GANGSTA COCKSUCKA

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

Ferocious podcast with @duncantrussell at 3:30 pacific today!! WOOT!!

gently caress yeaaaaaaah

Joe and Duncan recently went to Europe for some UFC/Stand up gig so this should be good

I'm not one to bitch about plugs and poo poo on podcasts, but for the last couple weeks Joe shilling for Alpha Brain sounds so desperate

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 11, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

in one hour super stoner @dougbenson joins us on the podcast for THC inspired shenanigans. Join us!

Really excited for this it has been way too long since Doug was on with Rogan

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

denizen posted:

these icehouse ones are pretty good but 4 hours holy gently caress

Jayden James sitting there saying maybe 5 sentences was pretty awkward

Loved Joey Diaz complementing Bill Burr though

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

Powerful @bertkreischer returns to the podcast today at 4pm pacific! #PRAISEODIN

My day just went from good to great.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Bert has been on for maybe 15 minutes and he's told three incredible stories already.

What a life this guy has had.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

nemoulette posted:

That Italian dude was pretty cool.

Sounded like he was talking to GSP.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Stanhope appears to be wearing an airline pilots jacket.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I really liked how Doug sorta called out Joe's constant stoner talk as being exactly that. It was just refreshing to get someone to take the other angle then just jump on board with him.

Also Stanhope saying his full mailing address and Rogan's wives name was pretty hilarious.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Biggie Shorty posted:

Did joe already talk about Patrice O'Neal on another podcast? I'm 2.5 hrs into the Doug Stanhope podcast and they haven't mention Patrice once, even though they've already covered some other Opie and Anthony poo poo.

He did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i58Tef4mPo

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kabz posted:

I have a feeling nobody really likes Bert as much as they act like they do.

Got a bitch giggle on him too.

I couldn't disagree more.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Shane-O-Mac posted:

I thought it was because Mrs. Rogan didn't want to be mentioned. She probably doesn't want thousands of people knowing the details of her life.

Which is fair enough I think.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

indoflaven posted:

He hates women but is married with 2 daughters? Yeah time to re-evaluate your logic. When you get a wife and 2 daughters maybe then you could say something.

It isn't exactly an isolated incident. Joe has a pretty extensive history with hating women. I'm not really bothered by it though, as I still find his podcast to be the best by a mile.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I've listened to quite a few radio shows and podcasts and I've never been annoyed by a person more than Redban.

He's the loving worst.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

esperantinc posted:

I kind of feel bad for the guy, since there are a million good restaurants in LA, and he thinks lovely Olive Garden is the pinnacle of dining.

I think it has more to do with Redban trying to be SOO WACKY

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

goldblums eyes posted:

I dunno, I'm a big fan of all the Deathsquad podcasts and Icehouse Chronicles is 5-6 of people from those podcasts plus random people like SteveO or Doug Benson and the atmosphere is they're all just bullshitting in the green room with mics in front of them. It's my top favorite Deathsquad podcast right now, that one episode just sucked because that bitch was retarded.. it was nothing to do with the actual podcast

Agreed, I've listened to every Ice House podcast and they were all pretty good.

I'm waiting for Redban to get off his rear end an upload the one with Nick Thune, Doug Benson, Josh Gross and a few other people.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AltronHGX posted:

That was a pretty sweet 3 hour commercial for Onnit labs today.

I liked the other podcasts Aubrey was on and was excited about this one, but gently caress that was exhausting to get through.

So skipping this one wasn't a bad decision? Cool.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

codyclarke posted:

Does he address meeting Ron Paul on Leno on the Aubrey episode? I'm waiting for him to tell that story.

He does sorta in the recent Ice House #8 show.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Joe staring at the main eventers is always a good time

Doug Benson - Somebody suggested to me on Twitter today that instead of a drinking game we do a smoking game and do a bong rip every time Brian Redban says something stupid.

Joe Rogan - I don't want to die.

Bert Kreischer - I don't have the lung capacity.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 30, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bohemian Nights posted:

E_ I like Redban, and I think he gets a lot of undue criticism.. but waking up to the legend of Zelda theme every morning? Really, Brian?

Keep in mind Brian is almost 40

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

what's the big deal? are you suddenly an immature manchild if you don't go with the traditional "beep beep" alarm vs. some fun sound that reminds you of a video game you played when you were a kid?

i don't see the criticism here?

Yes, because waking up to the Zelda theme song is the only childish thing Redban does.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Peter North posted:

Holy poo poo this is going on long but this guy is killing all the dumb poo poo Joe wants to believe in so far so I'm liking this.

I like the sound of this.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
We can't even wrap our heads around it

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

Tomorrow at 4pm Pacific, the funniest human being to ever walk the face of the earth @madflavor joins the podcast #PRAISEODIN

POWERFUL

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AltronHGX posted:

Could someone provide some backstory? This sounds interesting but I don't know what you're talking about and haven't seen this discussed in the thread.

Dane Cook took a year off of stand-up and had a few sets working new material and then went balls out at the Laugh Factory last week. TJ Miller for some strange reason started twittering in real time during Dane's set on how he was a misogynist and a host of other things.

If you listened to the Ice House Chronicles with Dane (along with Ari, Bert, Joe and Brody) it basically boils down to Dane working new material and TJ jumping on his case for no real reason and bumping him and Bobby Lee which Joe called him on.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

indoflaven posted:

A lot of closed-minded people in this thread. I don't believe anything he says, but my first reaction isn't "UH YA WHATEVER MAN".

Joe thought that killer whales were scared of humans because of testing bombs.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

toggle posted:

Check out the Bryan Callen show with Chris D'Elia through deathsquad.tv instead. It's hilarious all the way through.

Absolutely, check this out if you guys like to laugh. It is nothing like any of Bryan's appearances with Rogan.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
deadmau5 will be joining Joe, Russel Peters, and Eddie Bravo tonight. I'm wondering if Russel is going to try and call out deadmau5 on being one of those "push play" DJs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

JamMaster Flash posted:

Just saw this...pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7vxnrmfVxU

About four posts up!