Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

I forgot to post back when I listened to it, but did it seem to anyone else that Joe called out a few of his guests during the show? I don't feel like going back through multiple hours of episode, but I feel like during the Doug Benson episode he got him to admit to taking fake liquor shots and generally being kind of phony. I may or may not have been under some influences at the time, so maybe I was reading into the dialogue a certain way...but I don't remember reading anyone comment on it here. I feel like he called someone else out (in a relatively affable way) another time as well...maybe Bert?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

WHY SEE ESS posted:

I just listened to that podcast the other day and I didn't really feel like he was 'called out' or Joe gave him much poo poo, but I was working and not paying full attention. I think it's pretty disingenuous to do that, but on the other hand it is Doug's job and maybe he doesn't like to get wasted on stage.

edit: also in regards to all things beings said over and over again: I agree to an extent. For the past 6 or 7 months I could get through all podcasts and be very entertained, but recently I've been turning them off halfway or if I get annoyed with what they are talking about. It still is free entertainment and I'm thankful for Joe and co. for keeping me entertained for hours at work.

Another work listener here...I do really enjoy having Joe and co. in the background while I do other stuff. They do say some misinformed/dumb poo poo from time to time, but its mostly forgivable since Joe will often adjust his opinions or admit when he was wrong. One thing I think is interesting is in the recent episodes he seems to be acknowledging that all our fancy smartphones and tech come at a price mostly suffered by poor people in other countries, whereas a year ago he seemed to have a more "isn't technology great" singularity type mindset.

The episode with Ronda Rousey and Eddie Bravo is pretty good. My favorite moment is Eddie addressing Ronda: "So how do you feel about conspiracy theories?" I thought she seemed really cool as well, I hope Cyborg doesn't maul her when they inevitably battle.

Combo posted:

Yeah I'm glad I didn't listen to it, the last time they had that dude on was boring as gently caress too. He's not a good guest at all but he's Joe's buddy so he'll keep getting on from time to time.

He seems like a pretty legit guy, but yeah, not so sure about his businesses...had to skip the last hour because it was too infomercial for my tastes.

JamMaster Flash fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 22, 2011

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Everlast seems like a cool, down to earth dude. :unsmith:

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Birthday Cake posted:

It's 2011 and people are floating on their backs, in POOLS. Are you KIDDING me?

Does anyone here listen to The Lavender Hour? If you're a fan of Duncan on the podcast, I can't recommend it enough.

Yeah, just started listening to it on the reg. Last 2 were excellent in my opinion.

also

"I try not to pee in the tank but sometimes poo poo just happens"

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

I'm going to check out Skeptic Tank. Anyone listen to Deathsquad? I liked the last Your Mom's House and The Bone Zone.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

lumpy goop hopper posted:

Going back to Joe's obsession with apex predators and werewolves, he mentioned a few podcasts back that while on the brain pills he shills, he had intense dreams. Mostly he was recounting a dream where a werewolf and gorilla were loving.

I'm curious though, were they loving doggy style or was it a more tender love making in missionary?

"You can say you don't think that Alpha Brain works...that's all well and good, I don't know how your brain works, but you CAN'T TELL ME that it's not super reliable for making CRAZY DREAMS"

I don't know why but I think it's funny as hell every time Joe plugs Onnit stuff. New thread title has to be Joe Rogan Experience: Look up the ingredients and make it yourself.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Just saw this...pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7vxnrmfVxU

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Kettlebells.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

I'm a little over halfway into the Bobo episode...so this guy has a TV show? I am super amused at how the ep is progressing so far, with Rogan playing the skeptic and the guest just relentlessly digging himself further and further into a pit of delusional craziness.

Also, Brian interjecting his "theory" at 47:30 is hilarious, gently caress the haters.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

I have the next 8 hours to kill. I haven't heard Kilstein on...time to catch up.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

That was brilliant. I haven't been listening for the past couple months, just not as much headphones time on my hands. Any good ones lately?

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Really enjoyed the recent Duncan ep. I always catch him when he's a guest and I check out DTFH every now and then, so I knew to expect plenty of entertaining conspiracy/weed/annunaki talk, but really came away with some positive vibes towards the end. I told an old friend (and fellow listener) about this after we had finished training bjj (yeah, hahahaha). He revealed that it was actually a Rogan-Duncan conversation back from like 2012 that had helped inspire him to quit his lovely depressing factory job and to start what now has become a successful roofing business. He also got sober and I'm pretty sure he started BJJ not long after that. It's a really good feeling to see an old friend kick an addiction, find direction, and get his life in order.

Just thought I'd throw my uplifting anecdote in there. As easy as it can be to knock Rogan for occasionally featuring wackos on the podcast and/or promulgating some goofy stuff, I think he puts out a generally good product and can positively inspire people, especially young men. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

That was brilliant, love Duncan.