Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just got my first mid-stream ad on Spotify, hooray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

Abbott is a huge shithead and neither one is wearing a mask.

They get tested 12 times a day and don't have to follow the rules because Texas is freedom.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

hot sauce posted:

Wait there are ads even if you have a paid Spotify account? Ive still only listened to a couple on that platform so far. The fact that you can’t disable the video on the desktop app is annoying

Yes. They didn't at first but it's been rolling out. The ads are not built into the podcast, but are separate tracks. You can skip through them if you open your phone. They just cut in mid-sentence or mid-word wherever. I had a couple of problems today when it tried to play the ad and it would skip to the next podcast, and then lose my place in the one I was playing.

You can disable the video in the web browser. Syncing your spot between the web browser player and phone app is horrible.

Spotify has to be the worst podcast player I have ever used in the history of podcasts.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Yeah but Disney+ works good, and Spotify podcasts are extremely buggy. If Disney+ was a poo poo app it would be different. Everything is a matter of convenience.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

I don't know that buggy UI would stop people flocking towards WANDAVISION though.

Dunno, I'm dropping HBO Max because the app barely functions on my Samsung smart TV. I know it works good on my Google TV Chromecast, but that's not plugged into my main TV so I never use it.

As far as Spotify, so far
1. It inserts jarring commercials mid sentence that you never had before
2. The commercial sometimes fails to load and it restarts the show from the beginning
3. The commercial successfully loads and it sometimes restarts the show from the beginning
4. Sometimes instead of restarting the show from the beginning, it switches to a different episode.
5. Loses its place between the phone app and the desktop web player.
6. Seems to be streaming an episode even though you downloaded it locally.
8. Sometimes it just pauses itself for no reason, repeatedly.
9. It's a loving disaster over Android auto in general. Sometimes it won't start unless you open the phone and dismiss an ad. Sometimes it won't start unless you force stop Spotify and restart the app. Sometimes it plays but doesn't send any data to the car screen.

These things don't happen every time, but they do sometimes, and it's not like Pocketcasts which just worked all the time with zero effort.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Joe, a self proclaimed liberal, is constantly spouting right wing fake news that he doesn't bother checking himself because he trusts and believes his right wing grifter guests.

At this point I'm just here for the UFO people.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lmao Spotify streams data even if you downloaded the podcast. What a piece of poo poo app.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

wooger posted:

I haven’t listened to any of this podcasts for several months, but I’ve just been pointed to a working proper RSS feed compatible with real podcast apps https://spotifeed.timdorr.com//4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk

Half the problem solved.

Couldn't get this to work with Pocketcasts, but I'm giving Google Podcasts a go.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Joe "I'm a liberal but all of my guests and opinions are conservative and libertarian" Rogan

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

You could fill in something similar for most members of the intellectual dork web. The exceptions being the ones who openly state that they're right wing or conservative.

"Classical liberals"

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Engineers and doctors are remarkable morons.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've come to understand through the podcast that comedy isn't just telling jokes to make people laugh, but is often times just simply stating the most racist things you can think of and being offended that people might not be interested in hearing that again.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I do like this podcast, but I'll never defend him or his dumbass opinions on vitamins and saunas making you covid-proof. Just listening over the last 8 months, he is so terrified of having a sore arm and MAYBE feeling a little tired from a normal immune response to a vaccine. Never seen anyone make such a big event over the potential for a minor inconvenience.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Moving to Austin was about freedom and not $13+ million in state income tax savings.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Haven't listened to Tom Segura episode yet because I don't want to hear how ivermectin cured Joe.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lmao he was telling Tom Segura about how great ivermectin is because he had Bret Weinstein and that quack doctor from that quack doctor group on for his EMERGENCY PODCAST to tout ivermectin.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Amanda Knox, this looks like it could be interesting. *Joe interrupts the conversation every 15 minutes to rant about Joe Biden's mental health and Dr Fauci and Wuhan lab.*

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I recall several words he didn't know existed.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm just here for the UFO people and scientists. Comedians are hit or miss, you can easily skip half the episode while they complain about cancel culture. The nutritionists seem to be pedaling a lot of woo based on tenuous studies.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This Jocko Willink one is a loving bingo card of played out poo poo that he talks about every day"

HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP!

THERE IS NO 0% VOTER FRAUD!

BIDEN IS SENILE!

edit- christ, i keep fast forwarding

POLICE FUNDING!

VACCINE PASSPORTS!

IVERMECTIN!

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 7, 2021

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This week he had a quack doctor on who is well known for spreading covid misinformation. Joe's Instagram is just spamming how much people are listening to this podcast.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Joe "don't put in the newspaper that I got mad" Rogan

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Joe "Tim Pool is not alt right" Rogan

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

CBD Corndog posted:

lmao just take the L joe. Say you're wrong and move on
https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1481638689415462916

Several guests have told him this undeniable fact, yet he still goes on about myocarditis.

I also enjoyed earlier in the podcast

Joe: "what kind of North Korean prison is Australia right now?"
Zepps: "everything is fine and normal. It's only alt-right grifters making up that stuff"

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 14, 2022

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Not making excuses, just saying I remember Artie Lange using that same logic. Seems to have been common reasoning in those circles.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lmao he's going all in on climate change denial.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've heard people say that slavery ended because feeding and housing slaves costs more than what they paid them for labor as freemen, which I have no idea if it's true or not. Not profitable is just nuts.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Of course. I meant I don't know what the true cost differences are from an accounting perspective.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If you think about it, human evolution is ultimately an example of cancel culture carried out via an extreme version of chimp replacement theory.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tbh I never found Rogan's stand up to be that funny. I liked him more as a UFO guy interviewer.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/ExumAM/status/1528064124927852544?t=Zs39I_QCYIp8yCNvzSN3rg&s=19

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Jamie is into sneakers and NFTs and golf. Worst of all, he's from Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Not just praised, but continuously misrepresents the bill's written language, intent, and actual effect.