Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabz
Jul 29, 2004

I have a feeling nobody really likes Bert as much as they act like they do.

Got a bitch giggle on him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabz
Jul 29, 2004

-Atom- posted:

I couldn't disagree more.

After watching the ice house chronicles from the other day, I started laughing at his laugh -- so it was probably just me all along.
He had to grow on me.

Kabz
Jul 29, 2004

glassy-eyed bambi posted:

I like bert a lot, but whenever he goes into his high-pitched talking/laughing I almost have to mute the podcast because it annoys me so much. In icehouse chronicles 5 he does it for at least 40 seconds straight at one point

That's kind of what I was talking about.

First I hated it. Then it made me crack up. Then I was disturbed by it in the sense that it was distracting.

He MAKES HIMSELF crack up with his own stories, and it's only funny if its a reaction to someone else.
Anytime someone laughs FIRST at their own jokes so wholeheartedly -- it either better be one of the funniest stories you have in your arsenal, or you're just too hosed up and annoying to be fun to listen to.

Shane Smith was too short, he has to come back!