Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
WOAH!

I wonder if this is more Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura or Ghost Hunters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

There is definitely going to be an episode about bigfoot.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

As a male feminist I completely understand why Joe feels the way he does about feminism. It's because he's only being exposed to the extreme aspects of it. There's so much of it online and someone saying "let's all be fair and nice to each other" isn't headline material and won't be tweeted at Joe by his sycophant fans. Some of the stuff that people try to pass off as feminism(online discussions of what's the best way to falsely accuse someone of rape and stuff like that) can be enraging but those aren't really representative of feminism or women, which Joe apparently doesn't know. I don't think he really disagrees with the core values of feminism, he just doesn't know what feminism is.

jyrka fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 14, 2013

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

What did he say about the ol' feminists?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Joey Donuts posted:

While this is basically a Rogan-bashing thread at this point and I don't really have a problem with that, calling out someone for not knowing everything about everything is a bit hipstery. I bet there are a ton of self-declared standup comedy fans who don't know all the comedians and even miss some up-and-comers, who cares?

I agree. On the topic of that some website has a loving annoying slideshow of 50 comedians you should know. See if you know all of them! I didn't know a whole 18.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

rivid posted:

You know, I never even thought about that. Joe always talks about how much he loves alpha brain, but who knows how much of the time it's HGH that's doing the work.

Doing what work?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Tony Montana posted:

Someone said something about him being a millionaire. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it true? Did he make this money? How? Did he ever fight at all, professionally? Who is Joe Rogan besides someone that can get worked up about things (smoke weed)? He's an actor, sure, I could see that on the Wiki page.. but is that it? TV personality?

He's a millionaire several times over. A lot of the money came from hosting Fear Factor probably. I don't think he ever fought professionally but apparently was very good in youth levels. His main job is being a stand-up comedian.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Pocket Billiards posted:

I love hearing Bryan Callen and Joe gently caress up names and pronunciation e.g. "Emperor Constantinople", "Jakob Crutsfeldt disease" and "Weasel Simonthal"

I really enjoy how Bryan Callen is considered the smart and the informed one of the gang.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Did Joe sleep next to a leak of carbon monoxide as well then?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Vos is a complete idiot of course but also very funny.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I couldn't take Rogan seriously after he asked someone "How big are France and Italy - couple of million people each, right?"

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

toggle posted:

When Opie was on he was just in awe of how smart Joe is.

Hahahaha. Opie must be one of the dumbest person alive. I think he's in the bottom 1% in the world.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

toggle posted:

He sounds so dense.

There was an episode of O and A with Chris Morris (brainy British satire TV/film dude) and they both sounded so very very dumb when interviewing him. Worth a listen because he just fucks with them, Norton and Burr.

Thanks. Just checked it out. It wasn't too bad, though everyone did get their pet issues in which was nice to hear in a nostalgic way. Jim said this is good movie not like all the other movies like he says to everyone they interview. Ant had a few questions veering on "honest and open discussion" which backfired when Morris compared jihadists to the KKK not young black people like Anthony had expected. Bill Burr had a rant apropos of nothing about how men are always portrayed dumb in beer advertising. And Opie did ask him in a serious tone where he thinks Osama Bin Laden is and if he is still alive. I guess someone who wrote a satirical movie about jihadists would have the inside scoop? There was definitely a wide gap of intelligence between Morris and the guys.

Four Lions is a very good movie by the way.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

deep space nein posted:

It's because you're unaffected by his accent. I disagree with most of what he says but kept finding myself thinking he was an alright guy and it finally hit me that it's the accent. When I hear Americans use the same talking points I want to argue, with him I just want to watch him wander about, twirling an umbrella and tipping his cap to people

He is strangely charismatic. But ultimately a narcissistic oval office.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Joe Rogan on the infinite monkey theorem: "There's no evidence to suggest that that would even be remotely possible."

:lol: Is this guy dumb or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

BottledBodhisvata posted:

he's much more of a scapegoat than anything else.

Nah. What happened was more or less in proportion to his fame and profile in America. A lot of cyclists have been banned for doping, it's just that no one in America knows who they are or have worn their yellow wristbands.