Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

codyclarke posted:

He can be pretty hypocritical. For instance, he'll go on about the benefits of vegetarian/vegan diets, and how much he's against inhumane treatment of animals, and then he'll end it with "...but steak is really good, so,"

I think this the attitude of a lot of people. Ideally, I think I would be more healthy eating a vegetarian/vegan diet and I don't like how chickens and cows are housed and processed in the food industry, but gently caress... I enjoy the taste of meat too much to give it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

BeigeJacket posted:

Probably this one here;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014809/

That's the one. It's on Netflix streaming.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

"We have the sickest population we have ever had." .... really? :rolleyes:

I love listening to Rogan's podcast for the wacky "what if" stoner philosophy talk among comedians, but when he has a guy in that truly believes bullshit I have to tune out. I don't think I can listen to 3 hours of this guy's stuff.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

jyrka posted:

I think this podcast has said all the things they have to say(and then repeated it a thousand times) so I'm out. Thanks for reading.

I still like the podcast, but I would be happy if I never had to hear again about McKenna and mushrooms being: the key to human evolution, the basis of Christianity, the subject of cave paintings, the basis of Christmas, etc.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

You've gotta initiate the rape choke son!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I missed this show with Michael Ruppert from a few weeks ago and holy poo poo, his existence insults me and all of his opinions and conspiracy theories are horrible.

This was another JRE I couldn't make it through. I was listening to it at work and it went from...

The CIA is dealing drugs... uh, alright.

9/11 was an inside job... ok he's a kook.

The government is manually decreasing the hits on my website... goddammit, I give up!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

Edit: VVV http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_drug_trafficking

When I first started listening to this episode I was open minded and interested about what he had to say about the drug trafficking. But when he went off the deep end, I couldn't keep listening to him.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

When Joey Diaz talks about sex it's just so nasty. I kind of want to hear an audio book of Joey reading Penthouse Forum stories with his own spin on them.

"And then he gets in dere n' eats that hot sweaty monkey."

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

CortezFantastic posted:

http://i.imgur.com/78YGA.png

A deleted tweet from Joe. April Fools joke or the greatest thing to happen to the podcast?

The link isn't working for me. What was it?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

nemoulette posted:

With the Freeway Ricky Ross, Eddie Ifft and now the Joey Diaz episode, they're on a really solid run. Joey freaking out about Redban talking about UFC weight classes was great.

WHY ARE YOU ANSWERING HIM JOE ROGAN?!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Brekelefuw posted:

I get no sound for that link no matter where in the video I go to.

Same here.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Well that was a departure from the usual positive-vibe macho peace train that usually is the JRE. Without listening to Duncan discuss his side I can't really say who's in the right or wrong, but jesus, Redban does himself no favors with the way he cannot handle criticism in anyway without becoming a child screaming over everyone and threatening to take his ball home.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I was really looking forward to a Brian-less episode, but I don't know if I can handle 3 hours of Eddie Bravo and Ju-Jitsu talk without Brian interrupting it.

Bring on Duncan Trussell.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

-Atom- posted:

DID YOU KNOW OBAMA AND DICK CHENEY ARE RELATED

Fast forward to 2:12:20 and he finally plays the evidence.

Right?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

Chael frightens me. He has a way to sound unreasonably reasonable no matter what the topic is. I'm afraid that if you locked me in a room with him for an hour, I'd come out republican or something.

I'm glad you said this Bohemian Nights. You've always appeared to me as a sensible and open minded poster.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Look at this. We're just sitting around talking...

(lights a cigarette lighter)

I've got fire. That's crazy. We're so stupid. That can burn a whole city down. Think of how loving stupid we are, and the fact that you can go to a corner drug store "give me ten of those".

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

goldblums eyes posted:

I just listened to the episode with Andy Dick, WHY COULD IT NOT HAVE BEEN EIGHT MORE HOURS LONG. It was the hardest I've laughed from JRE, and it really sucks that Joe won't have him back on. Listen to it if you haven't.

... and then he pulled out his dick and it wasn't even hard.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

bango skank posted:

What's smarter, a chimp or a person with down's syndrome?

I busted up laughing when he said that. Where does that rank on "The stupid things Joe Rogan has said" list?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Peacebone posted:

Joey Diaz having a meltdown haha

"We've got fuckin' AIDS! We've got diseases! We've got fat kids running around!"

I'm dying laughing thinking about fat kids running around being one of the seven seals of the Apocalypse.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

It's weird. I'm not a Dice fan at all, but I love when people do Dice impressions. Rogan, Gilbert Gottfried, Artie Lange, etc.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The main thing that grates me about the podcast is when Joe starts going on and on about mushrooms. I usually enjoy the drug conversations, but once he starts talking about McKenna and mushrooms being the source of Jesus, Santa Claus, human evolution, etc. I tune out.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I just spent $5 on Joe's new special and I'm seriously considering tweeting/emailing him and asking if I can have my money back, because I thought it was pretty lousy.

You're not alone. I've enjoyed his previous specials, but I only laughed a few times at this one. The material didn't seem clever at all. Instead it just sounded like ramblings he came up with while high in the isolation tank... which was probably the case.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Law Cheetah posted:

Did the Dan Carlin episode go up yet? Has anyone heard it? How was it? Looking forward to a little less nuttery from JRE guests. Just a little less, though.

I listened to it this morning on Ustream and I loved it. I've been a huge Dan Carlin fan for a while, and they went into the stuff he usually talks about on his Common Sense show. They didn't get into anything wacky like Bigfoot, mushrooms, or simulation theory. Dan felt way more straight-laced than the usual Rogan guest, maybe because he said his wife was listening, but it never got uncomfortable and I hope he comes back on.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

If Joe Rogan goes down in the history books as the first man to discover a Bigfoot, it would be the most perfect thing ever.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

If you're into history Dan Carlin from the Hardcore History podcast has started becoming a regular guest.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I'm listening through the Justin Foster episode, and at about 2:30:00, Joe and Brian start getting into it about Brian's comedy. I think this was the first time I ever heard Joe legitimately get pissed off at Brian.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Cucktales Blogger posted:

Right up until the end of commercials where he showed off how he doesn't understand progressive taxation and complained about taxing rich people

You missed his MRA rantings then about women and feminist movement being the cause of the downfall of the family unit. "Men propose, women dispose."

Before anyone asks, Joe debated him and defended women saying there are a lot of rear end in a top hat men that are the reason for divorces.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

... and I'll be like word.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Just letting you all know that Joey Diaz was on the latest Doug Loves Movies if you wanna hear Joey play some movie trivia games.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Risket posted:

It was decent until Rogan starting going nuts about pot and saying there isn't any bad effects to smoking it no No NO NO NO. I shut it off at that point, and I think Dan Savage got pretty frustrated since he was agreeing with Rogan, and Joe wouldn't shut the gently caress up.

What the gently caress was wrong with Joe that episode? I must have tried listening to it 2 or 3 times before having to shut it off each time. It was like he was trying to be contrarian to everything the guy brought up for no reason.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Pocket Billiards posted:

2 hours into the Bert podcast and Brian is getting all shirty about the blue/black or white/gold dress thing with Jamie. It's painful to listen to.

I love it when Brian loses his poo poo when someone doesn't agree with him.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I always enjoy how other comedians treat Joe like he's a Mensa member.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I'm listening to the new episode with Bobcat Goldthwait, and I'm really disappointed Joe won't star in his gay Billy Jack movie.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Haha holy poo poo.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

This.

I've watched interviews with Milo, and he's admitted a few times that he's a contrarian who likes to get a rise out of people. He might truly believe in what he says, but most of all he just enjoys trolling people. I saw an interview he did with Gavin McInnes (I know, I know), and he said to him, not an exact quote but, "We're natural contrarians, in five years when the mainstream pendulum swings the other way, we'll be on the other side pissing off the right".

So I can't take him too seriously. He's like an exaggerated version of right wing gay guy.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

crazy cloud posted:

Joe has been ranting about extremely dumb anti-"PC" poo poo more than usual for a few weeks now and his new special being called triggered does not give me much hope that Joe is not sliding further down the Alex Jones fuckbrain hole.

I don't think Alex Jones and Joe are buddy buddy anymore.

https://youtu.be/kA457aiOcO8

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Dirt posted:

Also Joe's Special "Triggered" is up on Netflix. It was much better than I expected it to be. I didn't have much hope for it just based on that tittle, but it was much better than his last one.

Agreed. I'm not normally a big fan of Joe's stand up, but I really enjoyed this one.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Alex Jones announced he's going to be on the show next Wednesday. Strap yourselves in and put on your tin foil helmets!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

That episode didn't disappoint. Jones benefits from having a guy like Joe that will slow him down and ask him to explain his madness.

And Eddie was excited a like a kid meeting Santa. :holy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006