Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcarad
Oct 29, 2011

Zwille posted:

This is a crude understanding of Germany's legal system by a "Journalist".

German police cannot "charge" someone. They have to investigate if a crime is reported to them. The doc states that investigation. A court or prosecutor will then charge, if enough proof was found.

https://www.hilfe-info.de/Webs/hilfeinfo/DE/Merkblaetter/02-merkblatt_ermittlungsverfahren.html

what is your point in using scare quotes to describe someone who is very clearly a journalist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
its a community note pending review

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Libluini posted:

He should have brought weed

And worn a fez.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Arcarad posted:

what is your point in using scare quotes to describe someone who is very clearly a journalist?

I would be embarrassed to call myself a journalist at that level of ignorance

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://techieduniya.com/baldurs-gate-3-the-german-government-wants-similar-games-developed-in-germany/
Baldur’s Gate 3: The German government wants similar games developed in Germany

:cripes:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm sure there is an Uwe Boll of video games looking for a government grant as we speak

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

We already gave you Gollum: The Game. What more do you want? Jetzt erstmal ein bischen ausruhen

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

https://techieduniya.com/baldurs-gate-3-the-german-government-wants-similar-games-developed-in-germany/
Baldur’s Gate 3: The German government wants similar games developed in Germany

:cripes:

We're gonna make Das Schwarze Auge a thing again even if it kills us.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

Powermove: Someone instead uses the game DSA was based on and is 100x more successful :getin:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Perestroika posted:

I mean, the Nordland Trilogy and the two Drakensang games weren’t really all that bad for their time.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Get this: Moorhuhn in Unreal Engine 5 with realistic chicken guts.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That seems like an utterly dogshit source. Guess I shouldn't expect much from a "Games" "journalist".

The Spieleförderung in Germany hasn't been exactly generous under conservatives governments. I'd characterise the landscape as actively hostile, even. An Umdenken would certainly be welcomed, but it's not going to survive the Legislaturperiode.

FWIW, X4 gets some money from that fond. But the fund is only a few million total for the entire country, which is hilarious when compared to other countries. And of course the Computerspielepreis is an utter farce.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Talked to a friend yesterday I had played DSA with throughout Mittel- and Oberstufe and he barely remembered due to having been so insanely high throughout each session. The sound of the fuckin Bong is indelibly inscribed in my brain, as is rolling Attacke and Parade three quadrillion times to kill some rando.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Okay thanks, now I have the most German of games ideas for German gamers:

Legaler Cannabis-Anbau Simulator 2024

Jetzt mit einzigartigem realen Vorschriften-Dschungel je nach gewähltem Anbau-Bundesland!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hopper posted:

Okay thanks, now I have the most German of games ideas for German gamers:

Legaler Cannabis-Anbau Simulator 2024

Jetzt mit einzigartigem realen Vorschriften-Dschungel je nach gewähltem Anbau-Bundesland!

Combination of Farm simulator and Papers Please. Jetzt kochen wir mit Gas

genericnick fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 24, 2024

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

A game based in the universe of the Dark TV series would be pretty good? Maybe?

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

The best game i played last year (also the only one) was a german one. Shadow Gambit. Of course also the last one of the studio :smith:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Game adaptions of TV shows? Are you mad?

The boring answer is that Spieleförderung needs a long-term plan and strategic vision from universities to monetary help to cultural Wertschätzung to re-establish Germany as a Spielestandort. Any plans of the Wirtschaftsministerium will be gutted when the conservatives come to power again.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Antigravitas posted:

Quite, but I had to come up with an interesting German IP and there's not been many since, wait, actually Kommissar Rex would make a great video game.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

spankmeister posted:

Quite, but I had to come up with an interesting German IP and there's not been many since, wait, actually Kommissar Rex would make a great video game.

Uhm isnt Rex austrian

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Just remake Gothic 2!

No, not like that.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Any plans of the Wirtschaftsministerium will be gutted when the conservatives come to power again.

Unless...

Bavaria Eterna: Lass das Königreich Bayern wieder auferstehen, mit Maggus dem Großen an der Spitze, verwalte die Landwirtschaft und errichte einmalige Denkmäler für die CSU-Landesväter - Aber sei auf der Hut: Die woken Nachbarreiche versuchen mit Gendering, Gras und grünversifftem Gedankengut, deine braven Bayrischen Bürger zu verweichlichen!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Antigravitas posted:

That seems like an utterly dogshit source. Guess I shouldn't expect much from a "Games" "journalist".

The Spieleförderung in Germany hasn't been exactly generous under conservatives governments. I'd characterise the landscape as actively hostile, even. An Umdenken would certainly be welcomed, but it's not going to survive the Legislaturperiode.

FWIW, X4 gets some money from that fond. But the fund is only a few million total for the entire country, which is hilarious when compared to other countries. And of course the Computerspielepreis is an utter farce.

That's basically what my game dev buddy said when I sent him the article.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

niethan posted:

Uhm isnt Rex austrian

I didn't know the difference when I was 8!

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

I Love Loosies posted:

The best game i played last year (also the only one) was a german one. Shadow Gambit. Of course also the last one of the studio :smith:

Yeah, Mimimi is a sad loss. Kinda crazy, they show up, resurrect a dead genre, make 3 of the 4 best entries in it, and leave.

Happy Litterbox
Jan 2, 2010
I always assumed that all Förderungen for videogames are sucked up by Star Citizen, somehow.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

Talked to a friend yesterday I had played DSA with throughout Mittel- and Oberstufe and he barely remembered due to having been so insanely high throughout each session. The sound of the fuckin Bong is indelibly inscribed in my brain, as is rolling Attacke and Parade three quadrillion times to kill some rando.

It's not often that I feel so much as a pang of patriotism, but o7

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

spankmeister posted:

Are you really not gonna mention the most obvious one? It's Biene Maja. Either a Wirtschaftssimulation where you manage the financial future of a bee hive or a flight simulator where you have to fly an aerodynamically accurate simulation of a bee on missions like transporting Nektar from flowers to the hive.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Antigravitas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpRvaAl-EJk

The sequel was cancelled, it was about how after solving the Mord in the Blumenbeet our main character accidentally joins the Waffen SS.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

GABA ghoul posted:

Are you really not gonna mention the most obvious one? It's Biene Maja. Either a Wirtschaftssimulation where you manage the financial future of a bee hive or a flight simulator where you have to fly an aerodynamically accurate simulation of a bee on missions like transporting Nektar from flowers to the hive.

Flip is a versiffter Grüner though, he will probably object to blatant turbocapitalism in the Hive Manager. ("Hü-HÜPF!")

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

There will never be a big game development scene in Germany because German culture seems anything playful to be insincere and uncouth. If it's not in a textbook approved in 1975 it won't be done. The only thing we can hope for are spreadsheets visualized in a 3d engine.

Or police simulator.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lord Stimperor posted:

There will never be a big game development scene in Germany because German culture seems anything playful to be insincere and uncouth. If it's not in a textbook approved in 1975 it won't be done. The only thing we can hope for are spreadsheets visualized in a 3d engine.

Or police simulator.

Oh please!

Our textbooks are from the 90's now!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Can you fax me a sample?

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 25, 2024

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

Biene Maja was one of many Japanese-German co-productions, so I could totally see Nintendo making a Pikmin-style bee game. Now someone just needs to convince them to buy the rights

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They did a Sendung mit der Maus game for the Game Boy back in the day and from what I remember reading it was actually quite good.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:lol:

I just looked at Google and Biene Maja games already exist - on GBA and DS.

Yes Nintendo, die Klatschmohnwiese ist in Gefahr, in der Tat. :allears:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

My Lovely Horse posted:

They did a Sendung mit der Maus game for the Game Boy back in the day and from what I remember reading it was actually quite good.
I played it a bit and it was! Isometric navigation puzzles with character switching.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Biene Maja was one of many Japanese-German co-productions, so I could totally see Nintendo making a Pikmin-style bee game. Now someone just needs to convince them to buy the rights

Gimme a Captain Future Game! But it would probably be a half baked Starfield ripoff...

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hopper posted:

Gimme a Captain Future Game! But it would probably be a half baked Starfield ripoff...

... running at 12 fps, as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

mcbexx posted:

Flip is a versiffter Grüner though, he will probably object to blatant turbocapitalism in the Hive Manager. ("Hü-HÜPF!")

Yes, you see, this is a fundamental part of the game design. Bees(being an eusocial species (COMMUNISTS!)) have an inherit preference to socialize the means of production(the honey refineries, brooding chambers, flowers, etc.). But the player is not the bee state but a private bee corporation. So your challenge is to buy up as much of the bee economy as possible to generate bee profit. You have to convince the bees to privatize everything. Like, your first investment could be a bee heroin den that reduces productivity and then a bee newspaper that blames the ineffectual bee administration for low productivity. Slowly you build up a political majority for privatization of the honey refineries. It's a darker, grittier, more mature take on the Biene Maja franchise.