Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DeusEx posted:

Stereotypes Gernans have about their neighboring countries:

Swirtzerland: Even more perfectionist than Germany, rather quaint and bit boring, epicenter of worlds shady financial deals, talk funny.

Austria: Basically like Germany, without the Nazi guilt (famous saying goes: "Mozart was an Austrian, but Hitler, Hitler was a German"). They are like our little brothers, that we like to make fun of ocassionally.

Netherlands: Supplying our weed, and congesting our precious Autobahns ("Schwarze Schrift auf gelbem Grund: Halte Abstand bleib gesund!")

Denmark: Definition boredom ("Compared to Denmark, the Netherlands are like Brazil"), can't drive if their live would depend on it.

Actually if you live further north Denmark becomes a very nice, if expensive summerbreak destination. Also I bet more than half of Hamburgs post-graduation party-trips are to Denmark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

raf posted:

Maybe the Federal Republic of Germany should finally become a Republic.

Just drop the "de"?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
'If you don't take a job as a prostitute, we can stop your benefits'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/1482371/If-you-dont-take-a-job-as-a-prostitute-we-can-stop-your-benefits.html

If this is true it's all kinds of hosed up. I mean leaglized prostitution is ok, but coercing someone to be a prostitute violates Art. 1 GG imo. Seems like either the legalization should be dropped or the threat of lowered benefits. Or an excemption on moral grounds or something idk.

Also why the gently caress do I need to read this in an english paper, I have heard nothing about this here.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Looks like I've been had, gently caress me.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

elwood posted:

Anyone seen this?

http://uhupardo.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/merkels-regierung-will-offentliche-ausstrahlung-eines-videos-uber-portugals-sparpolitik-verhindern/

Apparently "the government" has banned a (badly translated) portuguese video from being show in Berlin, but don't you dare asking for sources. You want sources, find them yourself or shut up.

What a bad blog post.

Where did they want to show the film? When? How can Merkel prevent the showing? And if you ask these in the comments the guy gets evasive.

edit: Video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeThdf1Q1j4

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Nov 12, 2012

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I've come to really like Tagesschaum mit Friedrich Küppersbusch. He sometimes gets things wrong (i.e. why the Pirates aren't talking about the NSA scandal), but to me he's kinda like a super dry Jon Stewart without a budget.

http://www.tagesschaum.tv/

http://www.youtube.com/user/WDRTagesschaum/videos?sort=da&view=0&flow=grid

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

e X posted:

I don't know where you live, but I can report that winter is s effectively dead in Northern Germany.

We do have the Gefahrenzone in Hamburg now, though. Thanks Schill. I mean Scholz.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Grim Up North posted:

Goddamn! They are really trying that again, I really had hoped this poo poo had died fifteen years ago. This is seriously a fast track to some kind of cyberpunk dystopia.

Cyberpunk always gives a glimmer of hope to the underclass, this fast track leads to the regular kind of dystopia.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Hoeneß is going to prison after all. I have regained some respect for him.

I'm actually wondering if there is something going on. Four day trial, no revision...is he terminally ill?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
http://www.theonion.com/articles/german-team-hoping-to-lift-nations-spirit-followin,36416/

you did it thanks guys :unsmith:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

LemonDrizzle posted:

You are all terrible people who are (maybe) going to be fined for running budget surpluses and breaking the rules of the EMU: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10980824/Juncker-faces-political-test-as-fines-loom-on-illegal-German-trade-surplus.html

Has this had much/any play in the German press?

We'll pay it by raising regressive taxes, no worries.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Should call it Zollkrieg?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Torrannor posted:

Promising our allies to have a certain number of planes ready to intervene if Russia invades the Baltic NATO members

but then we would be at war with russia, gently caress that

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Landsknecht posted:

Germany could do a lot of good in Africa (even though the GIZ already does a lot). Help sort out ebola panic, maybe use some surveillance to stop poaching, keep the peace in Sudan. But lots of Germans still think army=bad, so nobody does anything. Hell, even France offered nuclear weapons, and the government said "no thanks" (the right answer), but the rest of the west wants a bigger German commitment.

tough poo poo for the rest of the west I guess

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Cingulate posted:

exceptionally bad football fan chants.

Du kannst nach hause fahrn. Repeated 1000 times. :colbert:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Torrannor posted:

I went to two Weihnachtsmärkte already this Christmas, none of them were called Wintermärkte. These slogans are lifted right out of the Tea Party playbook from the USA: War on Christmas, Sharia taking over the country, masses of criminal refugees/immigrants... it's disgusting.

The weird thing is it seems to "work", as in it seems to be a successful meme.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Randler posted:

Wait. the center-right is our enemy?

Yeah they are. Unless you're super rich.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Torrannor posted:

^^e: That's great.

They said the CDU lost the most votes with people over 60. That's really unexpected, does any Hamburg goon know what's up with that?

My parents are now personally feeling how Ole hosed them by privatizing the hospitals, I guess they aren't alone.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

waitwhatno posted:

Old, but maybe still interesting:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/eugh-urteil-zu-desertiertem-amerikaner-deutschland-muss-moegliche-us-kriegsverbrechen-pruefen-1.2368615

In 2007 a US military mechanic deserted his unit and asked for asylum in Germany. Obviously, Germany didn't want to touch that poo poo with a ten foot pole and turned him down. But he went into revision and now a EU court ruled in his favor and stated that his asylum case depends on whether he can prove that he would have been involved in war crimes in Iraq.

The funny part is that this forces Bavarian courts to actually investigate US activity in Iraq and take a position on US war crimes there.

actually that's easy: no war crimes were made, ever, by our allies

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Einbauschrank posted:

Who, but Varoufakis, claimed that it was a "respectable news source"?
The respectable news source here is Jauch. Böhmermann is believable because respectable news sources have been punked before.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bonfire Lit posted:

Neither. Treason requires intent, instead of mere incompetence. Being stupid is still a misdemeanor, but it's just "disclosure of state secrets" instead of felony treason. (And you're right, the government would have to authorize prosecution, 97 III StGB.)

That is literally a Postillon article. Guys we were just dumb, how could we know?!?!?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

botany posted:

"einen anderen menschen", "eine andere person" are both neutral, but since both "einen anderen" und "eine andere" are possible, they are not neutral.

But that's just genders of the words, not adjectives? Der Mensch doesn't exclude women, neither does Die Person exclude men.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Reminder to get your posting done today, this thread is closed tomorrow, too.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
more like olive greens amirite

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

And I loving hate driving myself.

:stare:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Afriscipio posted:

What's wrong with Bavaria?

everything

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

selbe

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lmao

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
ich bin saupreiß

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ArchangeI posted:

It's what you bang together when you give a proper salute. Obviously if you don't have any you can't move up in the world, so the hackn-less will forever form the bottom of society.

daher also Hacknordnung...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Asscard, Woodway, obliquely swaddled... Deutsch ist so schön :allears:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
more like Die Oliv Grünen Bündnis Jäger 90 lmao

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Schurik posted:

"Wie krank ist de mir San mir und keine idioten ihr habt dir rein bracht dann schaut a wie fertig wird damit i glaubt wirklich mir San brennsuppen daher grennt"

Is this even a sentence.

Forget it Schurik, they zieh their Hosen an with the Beißzange.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

e X posted:

Keine Ahnung warum sie drei Tautologien für den Gebrauch hinschreiben.

oooo schnapp!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Schurik posted:

The moment I can vote for an muslim MTF trans woman of mixed turkish and syrian heritage, I'm in.

you can just write in deine Mutter

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

incredible, Kelly for Pulitzer

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Randler posted:

Nationalismus bezeichnet Weltanschauungen und damit verbundene politische Bewegungen, die die Herstellung und Konsolidierung eines souveränen Nationalstaats und eine bewusste Identifizierung und Solidarisierung aller Mitglieder mit der Nation anstreben.

Wenn jemand die das Ziel der Herstellung und Konsolidierung eines souveränen Nationalstaats grundsätzlich ablehnt, bestreitet er damit denknotwendigerweise auch das Recht des jüdischen Volkes in Israel einen eigenen Staat herzustellen und zu konsolidieren.

Und gerade bei den Grünen hat man ja eher wenig Kontaktscheue, wenn es darum geht gegen Israel zu keilen. :colbert:

past the strawman straight to strawrum

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
uhh er heisst Karl der Große, ok ihr Franznacken?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wengy posted:

drat, busted.

Though it's all over SZ, FAZ and Spiegel too. We got ourselves a good old-fashioned "Kontroverse", people.

http://www.zeit.de/kultur/literatur/2015-10/botho-strauss-glosse-fluechtlingskrise-spiegel

da schlägts in nieder :drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

elwood posted:

Just look at what he tweeted yesterday even after the telekom fucks started talking.

https://twitter.com/GOettingerEU/status/659693722981040128

Seriously?

he's getting loving slammed in the replies, gently caress him