Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

DrewkroDleman posted:

I am currently in a student in a Master program in Münster and have also lived in Hamburg as well as Berlin. I have been in Germany for well over a year and a half and I absolutely love it here. Hamburg was great (but expensive), Berlin was a party and a half (but dirty and no where near enough jobs), while Münster is nicely in between.

I have to agree that I see far more shelves not stocked (including rotting fruit/vegetables) in Rewe than I ever would in the States (or even England). I have had little problem so far with internet or telephone, although I have noticed recently that my internet has slowed down significantly but we have Alice so I am not sure how that relates. (I have not tracked down the problem as the same time my connection with my router gets hosed)

To be honest, there are better places to live than in Germany and there are even places within Germany that is better to live in than others. However, I like Germany far more than the States and I have no plans to ever return to the States (I just maybe will not stay in Germany).

You can ask me what it is like to be a student in Germany compared to the States (At least in the state of North Rhein Westfalia) and I will pretty much answer every question the same: it is infinitely better here.

How difficult is it to enter a german masters program from abroad? I'm a CS major with a decent (3.3) University GPA and a lackluster cumulative gpa (2.8). I'm going to germany for a semester as a transfer student this spring, and I'm going to minor in german.

Will it be really difficult to be accepted to a university such as Paderborn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Previously on GBS posted:

Shouldn't be difficult at all. But why Paderborn?

In which ways is it better? And which university did you attend in the US?

It's where my university program is sending me this spring and I figured it would be easier to get into a program there since I had already attended the university.

I am doing my masters in germany because it will be much cheaper than anywhere in the US, and I hope to emigrate to germany and being there for 2 or more years will give me a good amount of time to job hunt.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Not to derail with ponychat, but I have read that Piraten insists on "Pony Time"(consisting of watching an episode of MLP) in the midst of sessions of the Berlin State Parliament. Is this at all true? If so, they're even more horrible than I realized.