Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
In this case it's not about party, it's just about Guttenberg. He is a loving, slimy rear end in a top hat. Come on, he blatantly, obviously plagiarizes and still claims it was a mistake and not intentional. gently caress this guy.

Edit:
He also basically shat on everyone else doing a PhD in Germany right now.

Hungry Gerbil fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Ok, here I go. I'm going to say it: Guttenberg is a danger to Germany. He is already plannning to found his own party. We really don't know what's going on in his head.

Hungry Gerbil fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 27, 2011

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
He is the worst and most successful populist of them all. How dangerous he is depends on what his visions and plans are.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

Stuhlmajor posted:

Holy gently caress dude, we get it, he's literally Hitler. Move on or something.

Or at least focus on his actual political policies or past political conduct, because the "Everything he does is pure molten evil because he cheated in his dissertation!"-schtick is kinda getting old.

We don't know if he is evil yet. Up to now we only know that he is not a very competent politician. Depending on what his true political convictions are he is bound to be either one of the most directionless and lovely chancellors to date or in the worst case Hitler.

He will probably just be an unbelievably incompetent head of government, but populism in all forms and the people who use it are still fundamentally anti-democratic.

Hungry Gerbil fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 27, 2011

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Noble, wealthy people with political power are better human beings than those loving nerds.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

hankor posted:

Take a step back and apply your statement to your posts about Guttenberg.

I don't see a connection. Maybe you could ecplain it to me.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

hankor posted:

You attack him for being populistic, being incompetent and basically holding all the evils of the world in the black gate to the abyss he claims is his heart. Your only argument is that he plagiarized his thesis, which might say something about his morale values but doesn't really say all that much about his politics, as a matter of fact you haven't said anything of substantial value about his politics and yet you seem to think you are making a compelling case against him when in fact you are using populistic generalizations which is a bit odd seeing your stance on populism.

1) I'm not acusing him of 'holding all the evils of the world in the black gate to the abyss he claims is his heart' though. I'm just saying that a man like him (darling of the masses, apt at projecting an idealistic picture of himself, skilled in manipulating public opinion) could be very dangerous IF he is evil. And that he is using fraud, lies and deception so easily doesn't exactly paint a very rosy picture of the contents of his heart.

2) We don't need to argue about him being populistic since basically everyone in the media, experts and so on agree on that.

3) His Bundeswehrreform is just one example of him being incompetent and his politics being a mess. Another one would be his shoddy plagiarism. Just reading it superficially shows that it's a hacked together patchwork and not the words of a single writer.

The FAZ agrees with me:
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/guttenberg-ein-gefaehrlicher-mann-11542304.html
Guttenberg - a dangerous man.

Hungry Gerbil fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 27, 2011

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
gently caress those 70%. The fact alone that he plagiarised his thesis should normally be enough to show everyone what a bad character Guttenberg has. But how he treated everything afterwards made it as plain as day that he is not fit for holding any political power. gently caress those 70% who aren't even able to or refuse to recognize that. If he had admitted to conciously plagiarising his thesis and showed some kind of regret, I would have said his resignation is enough for his rehabilitation. But now I hope he will never be politically successful ever. He is just such a loving egoistic, self-centered, self-righteous, condescending, lying, deceiving rear end in a top hat.

Edit:
Allegedly other people have known for quite some time that his thesis was plagiarised:
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/fall-guttenberg-jura-professoren-sollen-frueh-von-plagiat-gewusst-haben-1.1219744
http://www.focus.de/politik/deutschland/doktorarbeit-professoren-wussten-lange-von-guttenberg-plagiat_aid_688381.html

They should kick out the whole faculty for rubberstamping and/or missing such blatant plagiarism.

And he still claims that his plagiarism wasn't intentional. gently caress him. He obviously believes all Germans are braindead.

Edit2:
More than 50% of Germans are not braindead and don't believe his lie about the 'accidental' plagiarism. From a poll I heard on the radio a couple minutes ago.

Hungry Gerbil fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 28, 2011

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

flavor posted:

Before I answer the other stuff at a later time, one of my (unrelated) pet peeves with the German press and internet comments is the overuse of the word "offensichtlich" (obvious). At least in the German legal profession, something is only "offensichtlich" if no reasonable person could have the slightest doubt in it. It's offensichtlich slowly becoming the German "awesome".

Yeah, ok. I should've said he apparently believes that all Germans are braindead. Oh, and more than half of them don't buy his story anymore, so that's at least not as bad as the 70% wanting him back from the ntv poll.

Edit:
Another Guttenberg poll, this time by the BILD:
http://www.bild.de/politik/inland/karl-theodor-zu-guttenberg/das-gutt-o-meter-21241874.bild.html

72% think he conciously plagiarised his thesis
45% want him to comeback
31% want him to found his own party
62% didn't miss him since his resignation
40% want Angela Merkel to offer him a position as minister again
25% believe he will become chancellor one day

So it really doesn't loook as bad as I thought. Now everything depends on the effectiveness of the Bild propaganda campaign.

Hungry Gerbil fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 28, 2011

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
"Hrm, I'm against Stuttgart 21 so I better vote 'no'."
To vote against Stuggart 21 you have to vote 'yes'. Hilarious.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
The confusing phrasing on the ballot card was in my opinion deliberate and a petty attempt to manipulate the outcome of this vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
The pirates are too successful, too fast. It will come back and hurt them in the near future.