Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
I couldn't find an English version so I'll summarize:

http://www.net-tribune.de/nt/node/60866/news/Datenschuetzer-fordern-unabhaengige-Pruefung-der-Anti-Terror-Gesetze

Data protection authorities are pushing for an independent scientific inspection of the current anti-terror laws. IMO all countries with such laws in place should be doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
I get a feeling that Germany could be paying more attention to holistic approaches of combating right-wing extremism. I keep hearing about tighter collaboration between various law enforcement agencies, and that is something that needs to happen, but to me it feels like they're trying to put a band-aid on something that goes much deeper.

The observed recent rise in right extremism did not happen in a vacuum, and you won't fix it by simply going after anyone deemed a threat. There needs to be more discussion about the causes of this extremism and solutions for addressing the root of the issue, which is something I see far too little of.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Just back from skiing in Germany, it was fun. Two points: they should build a tunnel between the Netherlands and Austria to help unclog everything around Munich, the traffic is insane even on Saturday (all day).

Munich traffic is notoriously hellish on Saturday. It's generally regarded as a bad idea to attempt to enter the city by car, since it's the day when everyone has off and goes shopping. The problem is compounded by the fact that all stores close at 20.00 on weekdays.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Munich goon checking in, I'd be down.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/urteil-gently caress-cops-kann-unter-meinungsfreiheit-fallen-a-1031033.html

Copfuckers rejoice.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Honestly I didn't expect it to go to the Bundesverfassungsgericht at all.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Die Webseite Something Awful

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Why is she carrying ten Republican liberal strawman talking points? Are they trying to bring the Death Tax debate to Deutschland?

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

nawilo_420 posted:

Happy to report that DB has turned off the Klimaanlagen to save gas 👍

I hope you’re not serious, we’re travelling to Germany next week and were hoping to train around a lot.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Yeah it rained a lot.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Hier entlang.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
The red one with the marzipan.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Wagenhallen besetzen, sofort.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
The first time I experienced this was this last summer on a train from München to Bologna and it took them nearly two hours to schmeiß raus all the Leute ohne Sitzplatzreservierung. People were pissed because they had all bought tickets for their whole family and the next train wasn't until the day after. Seems like a massive gently caress-up for them to even offer these tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
The whole kommerzialisierung of holidays is a malignant outgrowth of humanity, hth.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 5, 2023