Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
I would have hugged an Ossi, but I don't know any :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Time for a new thread title? "Germany discussion: enshrining rich people ITT"

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

The WvB was/is still filled to the brim with Asbestos, so we might be able to recognize former pupils just by their lung x-rays.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

System Metternich posted:

The Wernher von Braun Gymnasium that made national news for clinging to its highly problematic name until two years ago or so :hitler:

But we were only teenage edgelords trying to be funny and the suggestions were never brought before a teacher, no worries

My proposal for "NABIonalsozialismus" never gained much traction, either.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Gelbwurst or bust! In fact I just bought some Gelbwurst due to accute nostalgia.

Als die Verkäuferin mich gefragt hat "Mit oder ohne?" war ich kurz verwirrt - spoiler: Petersilie.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Bonfire Lit posted:

Wurst wird in Pfund abgewogen, du Barbar

Die Metzgereifachverkäuferinnen sehen mich immer so mitleidig an, wenn ich mal in die Metzgerei komme und dort nur 100g Aufschnitt will.

I have failed in life.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
On this page about WW1 propaganda for children (http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/alphabet-abc-britain-wwi-propaganda, I found a link to a German picture book, called "Hurra! Ein Kriegsbilderbuch" https://www.bl.uk/collection-items/hurray

"It tells the story of the German boy little Willi and his Austrian friend Franzl butchering or striking dead French, English, Russian and Serbian men, or throwing bombs against other enemies, all the while accompanied by a cute-looking pet dog. [...] When Willi discovers their adventure was only a dream, he is disappointed he hadn’t killed all those enemies after all."

Also a small picture from the book. That dog looks positively shifty.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Wenn die Russen und Chinesen den Traum von Lyndon LaRouche, dem 'Vater' der batshit insane "Bürgerrechtsbewegung Solidarität" realisieren und eine neue 16-spurige Seidenstraße bauen, kommt die deutsche Wattflotte ins Spiel! #nichtaufunserenrasen

Diese BüSo-Leute sind übrigens spannend (auf eine Unfallgaffer-Art): ich erinnere mich, dass da früher immer einer von denen vor der Uni stand und die Broschüren der Partei verteilet...die sich kaum irgendwo im politischen Spektrum unterbringen ließen, weil das ganze eher eine zur Partei aufgestiegene Verschwörungsbewegung/Politsekte ist.

Siehe Wikipedia:

quote:

"Die „LaRouche-Bewegung“ gilt mindestens bis 1994 auf dem Sektor der weltverschwörungstheoretischen Feindbildpflege in der rechten Szene als tonangebend. Dabei wurden die Feindbilder häufig gewechselt. Anfang bis Mitte der 1970er Jahre waren es noch die CIA und Rockefeller. Ende der 1970er Jahre waren es die Briten, Freimaurer, Zionisten, ein schwarzer internationaler Adel. Und während man mit der Reagan-Administration sympathisierte, wurden der KGB und ein russisches „Drittes Rom“ zum Feindbild ausgerufen. Schließlich verwarf man den US-Kurs wieder und erklärte die CIA und eine geheime Nebenregierung der USA zum Feind. Die „LaRouche-Organisation“ ist streng hierarchisch organisiert, und alle Lebensbereiche der Anhänger des harten Kerns werden kontrolliert. Berufliche Fortbildung und Betätigung außerhalb der Bewegung und Urlaube sind verpönt. Seit den Gründungstagen herrscht in der Gruppe eine ausgeprägte Sicherheits-Paranoia. Anfang der 1980er Jahre sorgte LaRouche dafür, dass sich in seinem Begleitkonvoi immer mindestens acht bewaffnete Bodyguards befanden, die angewiesen wurden, sofort das Feuer zu eröffnen, sobald ein Fremdfahrzeug versuchte in den Konvoi einzudringen."

edit: More fun - Das BüSo-Magazin:

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 27, 2017

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Grendels Dad posted:

This isn't Star Wars, you don't turn into a Nazi by punching one and you don't turn anyone else into a Nazi by punching one. One of the biggest problems with Nazis these days is that there is too little protest against them, not the quality of the protest that is there. And this despite the media coverage Nazi rallies get. The reason that people *might* get offended and side with the Nazis when you punch them is that people still haven't really learned that it's perfectly alright to punch Nazis and it is indeed your civic duty to punch Nazis.

And how do people learn best? Repetition, repetition, repetition.

How many nazis will you need to punch until nazism has been punched away? Is nazism a problem that can be solved on any level by punching? And who will learn what by the left going on a nazi punching spree? I also fear that the rest of society will rather 'learn' (helped by springer presse) that contemporary leftism is rapidly cutting its ties with any concept of civil discourse when its members run around punching anyone who looks and acts like a nazi (while acting nonviolently).

Also the idea that it's our civic duty to violently attack human beings with different (althoug horrible) opionions, even when they haven't attacked anyone and just stated these opinions - is really problematic.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Grendels Dad posted:

The problem solved by punching a Nazi is that there is one less Nazi walking around un-punched. Nazis will learn the hard way that there is opposition to their disgusting ideology.

What makes you think that punching a nazi will make him stop being a nazi? What makes you think he or the rest of society will take away the lesson that you want - better not be a nazi (or we will hurt you) - instead of the lesson that people who are dehumanizing their adversaries and picturing themselves as heroic vigilantes handing out divine justice are starting to give off really creepy vibes?

edit: I'm sure groups of left activists beating up unarmed people will provoke discussions in the public - but most likely not the kind of discussions you are hoping for.

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Aug 18, 2017

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
The Partei Werbespot is good stuff - and the FDP one is amazing for its adhd aesthetics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZzTpjh-NsQ

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
The only thing that the NPD can provide for followers that the AfD can't (or at least shies away from in official comminiqués), is the open representation of full on Heil-Hitler 88 Neonazism.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Time for another (more or less meaningless) test that helps you finding the proper bundestagswahlparty for you! Music-o-mat! http://musik-o-mat.com/

Works well in so far as I get a 0% fdp result!

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
The "Limits to Growth" study (1972) never became very popular in Germany, but it tried to answer the questions we're asking right now. They did a big analysis of their old work 30 years later to see how reliable their models were. Here you can see a comparison of their 1970-predictions for a 'business as usual'/worst case scenario (pointed line) to the actual developments since then:

We were doing a bit better than the worst-case scenario (more efficiency gains, more food per capita), but we're still worlds away from any of the sustainable scenarios. So as long as we're not getting efficiently working fusion reactors online within the next 5 years, things could very much turn out like on the graph.
--------
Regarding the reliability of the model: (Wiki)
"In 2016, a report published by the UK All-Party Parliamentary Group on Limits to Growth concluded that "there is unsettling evidence that society is still following the ‘standard run’ of the original study – in which overshoot leads to an eventual collapse of production and living standards"

(Jackon, Tim; Webster, Robin (April 2016). Limits Revisited: A review of the limits to growth debate. London, UK: All-Party Parliamentary Group on Limits to Growth. )

"In 2008, Graham Turner from the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) published "A comparison of The Limits to Growth with thirty years of reality". Turner found that the observed historical data from 1970 to 2000 closely matches the simulated results of the "standard run" limits of growth model for almost all the outputs reported. "The comparison is well within uncertainty bounds of nearly all the data in terms of both magnitude and the trends over time." Turner also examined a number of reports, particularly by economists, which over the years have purported to discredit the limits-to-growth model.

Graham Turner (2008). "A Comparison of The Limits to Growth with Thirty Years of Reality". p. 11. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 2, 2017

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
From my local, anecdotical (Bavarian) perspective: We can see a significant loss in religious interest in pro-forma Christianity, but more mystic Catholicism as well as alternative spirituality is gaining much ground: We now have a reiki lady in our 300-Seelendorf and every fourthv illage down to the Ammersee/Starnbergesee now has a local schaman. Apparently schamanism and the Lechrain region fit surprisingley well together. (well someone has to care for all those Hügelgräber to prevent an invasion of undead, headhunting celts!)

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
The last paragraph of Raspberry's quote reminded me of Dr. Axel Stoll (+ 2014) - who showed us that Rechtsextremismus and Esoterik can work in harmony. Be prepared to be amazed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYiZR6-_37I

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

cebrail posted:

Die waren früher in irgendeiner Fernsehzeitung oder?

Hörzu, baby! The best Fernsehzeitschrift back then when stuff like that still mattered to people under 60. I still browse through its pages when I'm back visiting my family and apparently the editor team has actually accepted the facts and now aims all its articles at the 65+ demographic.
It's not as bad as the ADAC Mitgliedermagazin - which mostly consists of adverts for Lifta Der Treppenlift - but it's still pretty strange.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Decius posted:

Weil das alles Memmen sind, und mit Kettenhemd fechten. Und dann beim Schmiss (im Gesicht) aufhören. Und ja, die ganzen Burschenschaften (ob schlagend oder nicht schlagend wie der Cartellverband der ÖVP) haben Österreich grauenvoll und nachhaltig unterwandert und sich vieler Institutionen bemächtigt. Und wie die Zecken die sie sind kriegt man die und ihre Seilschaften auch nicht mehr raus ohne die Guillotine aus dem Keller zu holen.

btw: Mensurfechten:

-no movement allowed
-eye protection that effectively forces you to fight blindly
-massive protection for all parts of the body except some nonvital parts of the face in order to get a manly schmiss
->nerds flailing their sabres around in a heavily regulated way until someone finally gets a nice schmiss

Und so sieht das ganze in Bewegung aus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUh5exBJXBU&feature=youtu.be&t=210

Als jemand, der mittelalterliches Fechten nach Liechtenauer macht, krieg ich von so einer Art 'Fechten' sehr hohen Blutdruck.

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 25, 2018

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Steuertalk:

My wife now does the taxes for both of us :feelsgood:
(and she even enjoys it!) :iit:

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

It's fuelled by völkisch energy, and there's no better place to siphon that from known ley lines than the dreaded Wewelsburg :hitler:

You mean völkisch VRIL energy? (http://transinformation.net/die-vril-frauen/ - be prepared for Esonazis, free energy and Annunaki/ancient aliens from Aldebaran)

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 3, 2018

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Buckle up my friends, because the stream of bad news coming out of Austria simply isn’t stopping.

Tl,dr: the FPÖ-led Innenministerium ordered a raid on the Austrian Verfassungsschutz for extremely flimsy reasons. Instead of going through the usual channels, they left everybody in the dark who would potentially have objected to that and used a police unit that normally works on „street criminality“. One of the Verfassungsschutz departments that was hit was the one concerned with right-wing extremism where hard drives and files were carried off, even though the search warrant never even mentioned that. And to top off a good day for the FPÖ, they used the opportunity to oust the old Verfassungsschutz director and replace him with an FPÖ puppet. Weird how that works :thunk:

The first comment on the profil.at article:

Austrian Reichsbürger?

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Spargel is the most decadent vegetable imaginable - it consists of 95% water (so it's very low in calories) and its mass cultivation needs lots of manual work (provided by the exploitation of Polish seasonal workers) and energy for very little energetic ROI.

Still, with sauce hollandaise, Kassler (or other kinds of ham except smoked Schwarzwälder, bäh) and lotsa potatoes, it's Leider Geil. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJlyRv_IGI

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
What you guys need is a Führerstandsmitfahrt-Live-Video von München nach Kempten - eineinhalb Stunden Adrenalin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sghoOoQo_o

edit: one of the first comments:

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 29, 2018

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Zählt Döner-Pizza auch als Döner? Because it seriously rocks:

(die braucht noch ordentlich Zwiebeln und etwas von dem roten Chili-Pulver-Dings drauf, aber sonst :swoon: )

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Randler posted:

Klassische antisemitische Vorurteile:

- groteske Riesennase
- weit gespannte Segelohren
- dicke Lippen

Dazu noch eine "jüdische MAchtrakete" in der Hand als Anspielung auf die Juden und ihre Macht bzw. eine angebliche Blutrünstigkeit des jüdischen Volkes.

Und als letzter antisemitischer Schwung in der Zeichnung wird dann auch noch das jüdische Symbol des Davidsterns genutzt und bewusst keine Israelfahne.

:thunk:

Thing is, by reading it this way, it automatically becomes unacceptable to make a Karikatur of Netanjahu (or anything involving the military might of Israel) now. Great job!
Also: Dude has pretty big ears and a big nose, what are you gonna do as a caricature artist? Depict him as an immaculate model while everyone else gets their facial features overdrawn?

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 18, 2018

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Deutschlandthread, Heimat von Recht, Ordnung und Staatsbürgertreue.

Wenn Lachsbrötchen, dann bitte mit Ei. edit: Das Brötchen auf dem Bild braucht dringend mehr Zwiebel, Remoulade oder vielleicht 1,2 Kapern!

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Zwille posted:

That’s an abomination. Fischbrötchen is labbriger Hering and plenty of onions, not salmon sushi.

Comin' right up! I really liked the Lachsersatz when I was a kid.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
The trick is to put some salt on your raw onions after cutting them up - give them 10 minutes and the salt will soak out some of the brutal onion-ness, leaving you (after washing off the salty water) with mellow and soft, yet still raw, delicious onions.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Knoblauch in Alufolie auf dem Grill neben der Folienkartoffel ftw - if it's well-cooked, you can eat a whole clove by itself without any problems. It's even soft enough to spread it on bread and have an amazing Knoblauchbrot without smell issues afterwards!

ASK me about my never-ending love affair with Knoblauch and Zwiebeln

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Torrannor posted:

Wie genau? Mit Käse überbacken? Oder einfach vorher eine Minute gekocht und dann mit Butter in den Ofen geschoben? Roh gebacken?

Bin ein grosser Rosenkohl Fan, zu schade dass es ihn nur ein paar Monate frisch gibt.

Mein Favorit: Rosenkohlröschen mit kochendem Wasser übergießen, nach 1-2 Minuten Wasser abgießen, Röschen kurz abkühlen lassen. Dann halbieren, in einer Schüssel mit einer Mischung aus Olivenöl (oder warmer Butter, wer mag), Balsamico-Essig, bisschen Salz und Kräutern durchschütteln und Röschen dann in den vorgeheizten Ofen, am besten Heissluft bei 180-200 Grad, solange, bis sie schön gefärbt sind. (ca 10-15 Min?)

Dazu Rinderscheibchen!

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 22, 2018

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Bento time!

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

dogboy posted:

I grew up with the tradition of getting rid of your stuff at Flohmärkte: https://www.muenchen.de/veranstaltungen/events/flohmaerkte.html - downside is you have to get up early on a weekend, upside is you can get rid of all your crap and then buy a lot of other exciting crap and take it back home with you!

Edit: Oh, Midnight Bazar from 17:00 to 23:00.

My flohmarkt experiences so far have been mostly bad on both sides of the table. The worst part were the greedy 'semi professional' visitors who touch everything, nörgle about all your items, then ask you to hand out your stuff for free and then leave without buying anything, often nörgling under their breath as they go.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

skipThings posted:

You really just want to be the german poster WWE villain, huh?

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Perestroika posted:

Entschuldigen Sie mich, aber was zum Fick ist dieses?

Wtf are they doing in the jungle? Is this stuff preparing kids for even more Bundeswehr intervention on the other side of the globe?

:dukedoge:Unsere Freiheit wird am Amazonas verteidigt.:dukedoge:

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Can somebody aufklär me about the latest developments of the Q-Anon narrative?

Btw I read that Spiegel article with great interest. Lol at him literally projecting everything that's currently wrong with America on an innocent little town called Fergus Falls (turning it into some kind of bastion of Trumploving stupidity and hate) and the editors just rubberstamping it.

Here is the detailed article about the town: http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesellschaft/fall-claas-relotius-us-kleinstadt-fergus-falls-vom-betrug-beim-spiegel-betroffen-a-1244806.html

My fazit: This article is an especially good example why Relotius came so far: He's taking a 'real' place and upgrades it with all of the elements that we want to see there. Here it's current Amerikakritik: The town suddenly gets a weapon-loving, celibate mayor, is smitten with "American Sniper", has an entrace sign full of self-righteousness and hatred, a 'banal' or unintellectual cultural life, a high school turned fortress because of mass shooting fears - and school excursions to Trump Tower, New York. All of this never existed in the first place - at least not in Fergus Falls. Most likeley these things individually exist in various places in the US but Relotius combines them to a single image that satisfies the contemporary middle-class Amerikakritik.

Fazit der Untersuchung von Spiegel:
"Auf 7300 Wörtern hat er (gemeint ist Reporter Relotius, Anm. d. Redaktion) nur die Einwohnerzahl unserer Stadt und die jährliche Durchschnittstemperatur richtig wiedergegeben, und ein paar grundsätzliche Dinge wie die Namen von Geschäften und Personen des öffentlichen Lebens - Dinge, die ein Kind mit einer Google-Suche hätte herausfinden können. Der Rest ist ungehemmte Fiktion (sogar so schlampig, wie die falsche Zahl zu zitieren, dass bei der Präsidentschaftswahl Trump eine Unterstützung von 70,4 Prozent in der Stadt hatte, tatsächlich waren es 62,6 Prozent), was die Frage aufwirft, wieso der SPIEGEL überhaupt in Relotius' dreiwöchige Reise in die USA investierte, ob sie ihr Geld von ihm zurück verlangen sollten, und was für ein institutioneller Zusammenbruch dazu führte, dass das SPIEGEL-Faktenchecker-Team - vorgeblich Weltklasse - hierbei totalen Mist baute."

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Dec 21, 2018

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Randler posted:

Ich ziehe ernsthaft in Erwägung gerichtlich gegen Aldi vorzugehen. Man hat eindeutig zu wenig Baumkuchen bevorratet. :colbert:

I'll buy all my Baumkuchen, Marzipanbaumstämme, Lebkuchen and Glühwein after Christmas is over for that sweet 30-50% discount.

Osterglühwein, my friends!

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Frohe Weihnachten euch allen und happy birthday, baby Jesus!

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Randler posted:

The crusaders scrupulously adhered to the Lord's law, including the law of war, throughout the conflict and made every effort to minimise infidel casualties. Unfortunately, as we have always acknowledged, among over ten thousand cavalry charges, in a few cases mistakes were made, or weapons malfunctioned, leading to infidel deaths or injuries. We deeply regret such incidents. But such incidents must be weighed against the atrocities that the Crusade's action stopped.

Wo gehobelt wird, da fallen Späne. (من يريد العسل، يجب ان يستحمل لسع النحل)

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Lord Stimperor posted:

I am waiting for the day when people unironically tweet the Gotta Strafe England stamp at Brexit

Er strafe es.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Oh sweet baby Jesus, that link to "wikimannia" Randler posted on the last page opens the door to a world of horror. Just a tiny bit from the main page:

5022 Artikels of Frauenhass.