Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Here in Austria we can combine Bundes / Landes /Gemeindeförderung when switching from Gas/Öl/Kohle Heizung, combined this means up to 85% money back. So my neighbors, some relatives and i installed Pelletsheizungen in our houses months ago. The local suppliers just started to deliver the Pellets cause they waited for the prices to rise even higher. 2021 i paid 247€ for a ton now its 670€. Just amazing

e: At least we all have Solarthermie running, so no heating required in October, March and April and most of the used warm water is taken care of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Zwille posted:

Yeah we use 2800kwh per year too, two people

2500kWh here, one person alone in a house. Lots of stuff you have running (heating system standby + solarthermie, a big freezer, etc) which you dont have to when in a flat.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

aphid_licker posted:

Wonder what'd grow there if you just left it alone. At some point it should arrive at Buchenmischwald or something but at first there should be some neat stuff popping up.

Not really. You will only get poo poo like Haselnuss and other Sträuchers. If you want to grow a forest you have to plant the trees, with the right distances and the right mix. After like 10 years of caretaking you can finally wait for another 50 years to harvest something if you are lucky. gently caress forests, there is just no money in it anymore.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Whats the big deal, just fire a Lasgun at it.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

mcbexx posted:

Had a nice run-in with german bureaucracy today.

My parents have a hornet's nest in the edge of their roof, directly above the path that leads around the house into the garden, three meters from the ground.

Since hornets are endangered, you're not allowed to do poo poo, except get a Fachmann check the nest and then ask the Umweltschutzbehörde for an exemption to either relocate the hive or, if that does not seem feasible, kill them (the hornets, not my parents).
If you tamper with it yourself, you can potentially be fined up to €50.000.

Turns out the requirements for the exemption are quite high.
Schädlingsbekämpfer will come by tomorrow and check it out, but he already alluded to the fact that he might not be able to help.

The nest is right next to my mother's kitchen window and maybe 4 meters from a balcony and a terrace door.

Oh, did I mention that my mother is highly allergic to bees and wasps?
Like "get an anaphylactic shock and die" allergic.
She hasn't tried hornets yet, and frankly, at 82 years old and with a pacemaker and defibrillator in her chest, I'd rather not have her give it a shot.

If we get told tomorrow that "Eh, you gotta wait until October when the hive has died out, then we can plug the cracks" and my mother is basically put under house arrest and stressed out because of those little fuckers until then, I might become a Querdenker.

You get a ladder and a beekeeper uniform and remove the nest in the Dämmerung. You dont need to kill them, you just get an old Bienenstock and relocate them in the garden / at a waldrand / give them away. Hornets are peaceful as gently caress and wont sting unless caught in the hair or in the clothing

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Hopper posted:

Kaufland and Rewe, both have a red logo, checks out must be left. But where the hell is penny?

penny is rewe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

niethan posted:

In my youth we used to talk about drinking a 24 bottle kasten in 24 hours. I don't think we ever attempted it.

we did a bottle of vodka each for vorglühen and then a few beers while partying. Only works when under 20 imo