Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Clearly we should now make them apologise for caving to nazis.

And I'm only half kidding. If they get less push back for this heel turn than for the bare minimum anti-faschist messaging they did, messaging that used to be milquetoast mainstream sentiment not that long ago, that is everyone else just letting this slide to the right happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

DTurtle posted:

because of the Wirtschaft and Wohlstand.

For some reason very few clapped for the FDP guy.

It's practically (intentionally or not) a right wing taking point, if you consider what "die Wirtschaft" finds immigrants most useful for: keeping wages low for everyone and shifting the blame for the low wages onto those same immigrants.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Hopper posted:

Your Casio was showing you the most important time my dude: date time.
And you blew it.

Flirting with waitstaff is pretty uncool. She just made small talk.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

spankmeister posted:

The Griddle of Love restaurant paradoxically has a strict no flirting policy.

drat, gottem!

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Hopper posted:

Hopefully, I don't trust German voters anymore.

Edit: Wait, that implies I ever did. Which I did not. After all, such is the flaw of democracy: If every Idiot can vote, then every idiot can vote.

And yes, I am aware that this is not solvable in a democracy because every idiot being allowed to vote is what democracy is.

The democratic way of reducing the number of idiots is having better media and better education.

If I'm elected Chancellor I'll give every citizen a free SA account. That should fix the issues with media today.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Spice World War II posted:

the Greens are fully on board with the genocide

If that surprises you, you weren't paying attention in 2001 when they signed up for the Afghanistan invasion. The Green party will throw a lot of their core tenets right out the window to appease their coalition and international partners and stay in power, sadly.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

I would go as far as claiming that the only two groups who care about broccoli in Bavaria are the users and die Justiz.

Everyone else is just a grifter trying to weaponize die Justiz against people who just happen to be users, or trying to weaponize the fear of the unknown to get elected.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I hate that this thread is basically nearing further and further into actual criminal activity if this continues.

Saying "x" actually means Billigung "y" is so insane I can't.

Is wearing a shirt that says ACAB Beleidigung of every individual cop that sees it, or did that get shut down in the courts? It was a few years back so I kind of lost track.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

nawilo_420 posted:

That boy is obviously autistic and needs serious help and support before something severe happens, and I'm not sure that a Spiegel reportage will provide that

It's probably quite actively endangering this dude to show his face and outfit like that. Call me a coward but I wouldn't want dozens, maybe hundreds of drivers that I might meet on the street any day of the week to be angry at me specifically. It only takes one of them to end me.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

I'm learning the hard way that a close family member who prides himself in having read Das Kapital and rails against capitalist economy is also a reactionary...

In addition to being entirely too sympathetic to various colonial endeavors we had to witness recently and are still witnessing, he's now going on about states axing gender inclusive language? Something about "teacher's unions being all for it because Unterricht is becoming unmöglich"? Wtf is going on with that, are we doing some sort of horrible 1984 / Académie Française crossover?

Griddle of Love fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 8, 2024

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Hopper posted:

Of all the things to they could name, they chose this to list. Can you provide any more proof that your party is an absolute clownshow?

But it guess they understand Germans very well. There are heaps of real issues in Germany but as long as people can afford their beloved car and don't have to think about those real issues erything is fine. So don't remind them and just laber belangloses.

Do you think Germans are alone or exceptional in this way?

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Fantastic news. Not at all concerning!

Ah yes, taking away all your communication devices and arresting you on suspicion alone. Surely very relevant to the investigation and not at all meant to intimidate people into shutting up about genocide.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Dunno about that one, chief.

Griddle of Love fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 19, 2024

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Can I just... read that tweet? And not the replies? That's fine, right? I'm allowed to not be sad and angry, right?

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Zwille posted:

I think one of the issues with alkis taking up a spot is that you can’t vertreib them because that’ll just move the problem elsewhere and you’d have to take actual meaningful measures on a systemic level which is just :effort:

Doesn't stop police from expending a lot of effort on doing just that.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

aphid_licker posted:

„Södolf“

Heartbreaking: The Worst Person You Know etc etc

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

My Lovely Horse posted:

In what time, is the question, though in a short enough timespan 6l beer is probably lethal by volume alone

"Als Faustformel kann angenommen werden, dass pro Stunde zwischen 0,1 und 0,2 Promille abgebaut werden."

So those 6 liters are gonna keep you busy for about 20 to 40 hours.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

The note sounds exactly like Germans on the internet

specifically when trying to avoid properly addressing who did a thing and trying to make it look like "natural consequences" instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Are you interpreting it like that to evade depression at the realization that these people are against supporting Ukraine?

On the Vierfeldertafel of supporting / abandoning Ukraine / Palestine, wanting to support Palestine but not Ukraine is the only position that's really a mystery to me. Like, what's the goal here, just "always the exact opposite of US American geopolitical aims?" Or some extremely misplaced Soviet Union nostalgia?