Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Don't start to waver now we still have icu capacity just party on through it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Number go up real good!

The Landkreis I live in only has 7/100k cases, however, I am right on the border to a 92,6 and a 142,6 per 100k 7-day-incidence Landkreise, looking forward to catching it while at the supermarket...

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
There is only a single supermarket where I live that still cares about masks and distancing, all others have completely abandoned the idea for employees and customers alike. And that one is by far the busiest so still not very comfortable

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How is that even an issue of "caring about masks and distancing"? Are there no gelting regulations where you live, or are you saying they're simply not durchsetzing the regulations and don't care whether they get fined?

I am not sure who is supposed to be fining them? Like, there are regulations in place, sure (RLP), but if the owners/managers of the supermarkets don't care, who's gonna enforce poo poo?

Several of the supermarkets around me have issued these for their employees:

And believe me, you can wear them even lower than in the picture! Also, most of the employees don't wear anything when sitting at the check-out, and also not when they stock the shelves. If you stare at them for a second when you enter the aisle that they are working in they might draw the mask onto their face, or might not vOv

Customers wear their mask for the 5 meters between the automatic door and the first shelves, and then they are dropped to the chin. I also met several people with nose and or mouth holes cut into their masks. Or people that simply keep a tissue pressed to their face when they feel observed.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
A friend of mine who is a healthy 30 something works for the ASB and does ambulant care for about a dozen patients in their home every day, and he self-isolates completely with his family outside of his work. He tested positive and his two kids and wife are currently waiting for their results. All four of them will probably be fine, but he had the potential to infect a good dozen at-risk patients (no, the ASB does not provide real PPE, and he has more than a handful of 80+ year old BILD-Zeitung Leser patients who do not believe in the virus and make sure to ignore all rules on purpose).

My aunt, who has been self-isolating with her husband since day one, only having the minimum necessary contact with the outside world necessary, died of covid 10 days ago, in the ICU, alone. Her big mistake, of course, was to have the one preexisting conditions that so many unreasonable people choose to have: being a perfectly healthy 74 year old. I'm not scared for my own life, but I am very scared for my parents, all my aunts and uncles, who are all in the high risk age group; and for everyone amongst my friends, family and acquaintances who are young but have pre-existing risk conditions.

Superspreaders don't just spread the virus amongst themselves, and healthy young people who feel like they don't really have to try to keep their social contacts to a minimum provide the breeding ground for the virus so that at-risk persons like my aunt can catch it on their extremely limited outings into the public.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Libluini posted:

I know this, but how do you find interesting people in the first place? Just random chance, I guess?

It's like the spread of covid 19: you follow one person and he retweets two more people that seem interesting that you then follow and soon enough you have to lockdown your Twitter account before it spirals out of control

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Libluini posted:

The way Trump was banned was merely a couple years too late, but not problematic. More the opposite, really! My single complaint is that Twitter here reacted out of pure greed to cover their own asses, but that's a very human thing to do. :shrug:

Also talk about nationalizing public discourse should be shot and buried, it's basically authoritarian Nazi poo poo and I will not condone it.

Make better laws to protect against hate speech, and enforce it better. Deplatform and destroy social media that doesn't conform, done. Nationalization of public discourse however, are you guys high? Public discourse comes from the people, not the state. The idea of the state making its own version of Facebook and Twitter gives me the creeps. You shouldn't be so fast giving the state more power, shame on you all.

Seriously. Like, I am at a complete loss as to what everyone who thinks this was "problematic" would like to happen instead? (It is of course completely laughable to claim that in holy Germany Trump could have gone to court to save his twitter account. He could have sent Rudy and achieved the same results as his election suits, I guess, but that's it)

I am too hoping that no one seriously considering nationalizing platforms like this, but then, what are you arguing? Should there be made law that based on the size of the platform, the state (who likes to shut down sites like indymedia btw) should regulate access to a private platform? So we get the worst of both worlds, nudity only allowed past 2200 hours and every leftist with an ipad is a would-be G20 terrorist in the making, while ~~the algorithm~~ continues to advertise the most outrageous takes on everything? State sanctioned BILD Zeitung where every neo-nazi knows exactly how close to the edge they can post and every political or social minority group will get the full force of all the Soko Dönermorde? It's no accident that Germany shut down indymedia or that during the coup in Bolivia, pretty much every activist account I followed lost their access while outside of die Linke every political party in Germany was sending best wishes to the fascists in charge (oh also ask me about every prominent extinction rebellion account in Berlin being in love with the fascist coup, even fff got roped in for a moment). I am looking forward to every wannabe Trump in the Afd winning their court cases to retain their access while the uncouth minorities continue to lose theirs.

Also, if you don't realize that the platforms are inherently bad due to how they work, not due to who owns them, well, then I don't know what to say. My Twitter is curated as gently caress, but the medium just absolutely promotes out of context outrage, and no matter how careful you are about who you follow, you end up with badly researched hot takes that get promoted even into the sanest bubbles. Right now, the "Trump terrorists find out they are on no-fly list" video is making the rounds everywhere, no matter how many times someone correctly replies to it "no, these are just anti-maskers getting kicked of a flight".

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Sulla Faex posted:

I'm with Mithaldu on this one but I don't want to get dragged into a shitflinging monkey fight with people over *checks notes* where it's good that big media corporations are answerable to nobody but their stockholders

The only situation that is worse than the current status quo is the same legislative, executive and judiciary who has given us upload filter and a national security service ran by a literal conspiracy theorist neo nazi and a police force that might regularly burn some black people to death but can't be institutionally racist because that would be illegal to be in charge of regulating access to the already horrible Moloch that is he current for profit social media...

Incidentally I duckduckgoed for cases where German citizens fought social media bans and everything I find is neo nazis winning reinstatements because their posts weren't volksverhetzend enough, which is exactly as I remembered it. So excuse me if I think that just adding some legislation on top of the current situation would just end up protecting both corporate and nazi interests...

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

System Metternich posted:

duckduckwent, surely?

Obviously! Also, just to remind everyone that when the Bundesregierung actually creates legislation regulating social media, it ends up looking like the Netzwerkdurchsetzungsgesetz, which a) puts control over freedom of speech completely in the hands of private corporations and b) creates incentives on the side of rather over-censoring speech, because the only sanctions the law includes are sanctions for not removing enough, but not for removing wrongly.

Spice World War II fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 12, 2021

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Mithaldu posted:

you seem to consider yourself as someone knowing a lot, but let me tell you, as someone whose housemate and coworker and friend for decades is someone who was one of the main programmers of duckduckgo ... going by your concern profile you don't want to use duckduckgo :)

also, frankly, if your stance is "everything goes bad", and you don't trust any legislation to be good, but trust corporations to do it good, you might understand that i see no reason to engage with you further

(besides the whole thing that every decision a corporation makes is arbitrary and based on no rules, and whatever vague guidelines exist are wholly secret, whereas legislation mostly is public and can actually be attacked)

i have a feeling berlin's city center doesn't have a lot of detached houses :)

Why? Is it run by neo-nazis or the BND? Like, the reason I use it is to not add to the treasure trove of data google collects, not because I have any expectation it's gonna save me from the NSA or anything...

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
On the one hand it's a good thing to see people no longer can use the equivalent of mesh-masks, on the other, enforce a real lockdown already! Instead now every Mindestlohn-verdienende Netto Kassierer with a 20 hour per week contract has to buy ffp2 masks with his fat cat paycheck for the trip to work every day...

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Sonnenborn did eventually apologize so please everyone go back to loving every issue of Charly Hebdo as scheduled!

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Hopper posted:

I am shocked I tell you, shocked! Who could have seen this coming.

loving idiots the lot of them. But surely this won't be a problem at all, because the olds can just register on the well known Website between Tinder swiping on their iPhone12.

Or the idiot Landesregierung could just have realized that maybe Impfbenachrichtigungen ist equally as important as the weekly birthday greetings for every senior with a runde Geburtstag in the local Amtsblatt and not loving outsourced them to a external Dienstleister in the first place. Which they did and now want to sell the whole thing as a Datenschutzproblem when in fact it's probably the usual McKinsey Problem

Edit: I feel like the fact that Sonnenborn moved at all to a half-apology is surprising and probably 90% due to Semsrott leaving the party because the whole "I can't be racist because I don't intend to be racist qed" is like the most German position even amongst what some unashamed racists would call linksgrünversifftes Milieu of Kulturschaffende and adjacents. I'm guessing he only reconsidered because his perceived peer Semsrott took action.

Spice World War II fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 14, 2021

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Well I played cyberpunk 2077 and therefore am an expert on punk and the FDP is exactly like the punk in that game qed

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Re: twitter banning Trump is problematic, thankfully the executive/judiciary protections in Germany would be stronger:

quote:

Landesinnenminister Pistorius prüft Verbot: Niedersachsen gegen Antifa

Boris Pistorius (SPD) prüft ein Verbot von Antifa-Gruppen. Mit einem offenen Brief rufen Dutzende linke Organisationen zum Protest auf.

quote:

Wer den Brandanschlag verübt hat, ist ungewiss. Tatverdächtige haben die Er­mitt­le­r:in­nen bislang nicht. Auch deshalb ist unklar, wie und gegen wen konkret das Innenministerium ein Verbot durchsetzen will. Denkbar wäre das Aussprechen eines Betätigungsverbots nach dem Vereinsgesetz. Das Ministerium erwägt nach eigener Aussage auch, „auf anderem Wege die Handlungsfähigkeit solcher Gruppierungen zu erschweren“.

https://taz.de/Landesinnenminister-Pistorius-prueft-Verbot/!5743680/

The Vereinsgesetz, known from such success story as shutting down linksunten.indymedia, on it's way to be applied in a balanced and evenly handed way again!

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Mithaldu posted:

nobody made this claim. you fantasized that into reality on your own. don't do loving disgustingly dishonest things like this

The claim was that trump getting banned was problematic because private near monopolies are able to regulate access to discourse, it was also claimed that these platforms are essential for marginalised groups to organise and could not be replaced by previous forms of communication. You personally also declared that at least in Germany people successfully sued to get their accounts reinstated as a positive note.

If the only point was "it's bad that these companies near-monopolized public discourse", sure. But I gotta say, it didn't take trump being banned, so the one time they took actually positive action, to make that obvious.

But if we want to keep these platforms and at the same time actually make a claim about their problematic banning power, who but the legislative and judiciary would be able to regulate access to these platforms? Like what is the obvious alternative that I overlooked because I was busy being dishonest?

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Mithaldu posted:

the primary issue is you interpreted the original claims into "legislative options wouldn't do bad things" (or at least that's what the sarcastic "thankfully the executive/judiciary protections in Germany would be stronger" reads like) and then were proud to have an example of a legislative option doing a bad thing

the claim isn't that bad things wouldn't happen. the claim is that it would allow more pathways to address bad things happening, in the ways the article you linked described: the fact the bad thing might happen is accessible and known to opposed actors, directly politic and not; the bad thing is open to attack before it even comes into effect; the bad thing can be attacked via various political processes and court options afterwards too

none of this is true about a corporation-internal capitalist enforcement methods

unrelated:

https://twitter.com/MirijamHaller/status/1352308774036516874
In your pathways, you are citing avenues that are available right now in regards to the SPD wanting to ban Antifa in Niedersachsen (big lol at that again), which would be a court case initiated by the state, to the until now completely abstract and not at all explained idea of "somehow twitter bans are not unilaterally enforced by capitalist jack". If the same pathways are to be opened to fight social media moderation as are open when fighting court cases brought by the state, how the gently caress am I to imagine this would be brought into effect if not through making social media access a thing that is regulated by state action in court, which sounds like a loving nightmare.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
To open at 8 am, my local Globus Hypermarket starts the early shift at 4 am. The second shift will come in at 6.30am and leave at 14:30. The third shift comes in at 1400 and leaves at 2200. (you don't actually leave at 2200 as that is just when the store closes, more likely it's 2230). You switch every other week. This clearly is less of an inconvenience to the family life of the employees than having to do their shopping before 2000 is a violation of this faden's posters happiness!

The vast majority of the employees are not students because the stores don't want that kind of high turnover for the main bulk of their staff.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Also just lol if you dont do self checkout by scanning your items with your cellphone as you add them to your cart and then just take 30 seconds to pay at the checkout station

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
I hate this clown government so much. Frau Merkel had one "brave" moment one single time when she said "Wir schaffen das", and ever since then we're being governed by cowards who like to cover all their asses in the face of any sort of public pressure. I had a vaccination date tomorrow, and called the state hotline after the news about AZ hit, got told to show up anyway and "maybe" they might have enough Biontech left over for me. More likely I'll take a 2 hour drive and then come back unvaccinated...

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

oliwan posted:

Einschätzung des Impfzentren-Leiters
Astrazeneca könnte ab Montag in Berlin wieder verimpft werden

17.03.21 | 09:08 Uhr
Am Donnerstag entscheidet die Europäische Arzneimittel-Agentur EMA, ob das Vakzin von Astrazeneca weiter verwendet werden darf. Kommt sie zu einem positiven Ergebnis, könnte in Berlin alles ganz schnell gehen, meint der Leiter der Berliner Impfzentren.

https://www.rbb24.de/panorama/thema/corona/beitraege/2021/03/berlin-astrazeneca-impfzentren-velling-montag-ema.html

lets gooOoOoOoOooo
Yeah well good luck getting people to actually take the shot at this point...

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/corona-angela-merkel-macht-osterruhe-rueckgaengig-a-c8e8ef28-4a8e-4836-8670-829efd9dda5c

Sooo, we iterated on the measures and decided to improve them by not doing anything at all instead!

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
I was wrong, one heroic Landesfürst has a solution:

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Libluini posted:

Nah, the other stuff is supposed to stay, only Osterruhe is gekippt for now.

There's a statement planned for 13 Uhr, then we'll know more.

The other stuff:

- ask the churches nicely to not do in-person services (they already announced they will hold regular easter services anyway)
- stricter rules for private Treffen (lol)
- a list of "options" that *can* be implemented in regions with high incidence rates (and won't)
- a friendly request that airlines not increase the amount of holiday flights further (but keep going to the Ballermann!)

The Ruhetage was a hilariously insufficient measure, but what's left now is basically nothing

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
I don't know how you all survived in your corona food deserts because clearly you don't have Globus supermarkets, which besides having a much better produce and seafood section than any of the other supermarkets on the list, also allow you to shop and checkout with your own cellphone so you don't catch the 'rona in any queues...

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

I thought Globus went belly up. The local one became a REWE about 10 years ago.

Must be a different Globus I think, the one I am thinking of existed in only Saarland and Rheinland Pfalz for the longest time, then became extremely successful in Russia and now bought like 40+ of mostly former Real in the rest of Germany. The stores carry more than just groceries so I've never heard of one of them turning into a REWE

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

GABA ghoul posted:

If it's about the Tübinger Modellversuch then it works like this: you go into the city and do a kostenloser Schnelltest at a Stand. If the test is negative you get a Passierschein that is gültig for the day and with that you can enter restaurants, shops, theaters, etc. and do whatever. Most things are open again. We'll see if it works out or not, no data yet.

There's data from Tübingen already, it just shows that the Inzidenzen are still rising, so it's claimed surely that's because we test more/it's too soon to tell. Wait for another week or two, and they'll claim it's just the frequency of the tests, which I am sure will be a great comfort for the families of the 50 year olds in the ICU another two weeks later.

There's also the fact that even the scientists that supposedly are supervising the Modellversuch have said already that no one was given reasonable time to prepare and the whole scientific supervision is incredible half-assed and missing a lot of the data it was supposed to collect.

https://www.swr.de/swraktuell/baden-wuerttemberg/tuebingen/hintergrund-interview-zu-modellstadt-100.html

There's plenty of people on twitter posting about how ridiculously silly the whole testing procedure in Tübingen is, with the personnel not checking identities, the tests not being properly handled, the supposedly fraud safe QR codes (whole security concept has not been reviewed at all) not working and people being handed a simple piece of paper that can be freely traded (business are not allowed to check IDs to compare, because Menschenrechte und Datenschutz im Modellversuch or something).

https://twitter.com/konold/status/1373324855144239104
https://twitter.com/konold/status/1373324862912102407
https://twitter.com/konold/status/1375472672960876547
https://twitter.com/konold/status/1375472675368415239
https://twitter.com/konold/status/1375528327126126593
https://twitter.com/Pastundcopy/status/1376010100012355584
https://twitter.com/ArminPh/status/1374398426956271618

If you followed Nazi-Palmer at all in the last couple years, all of this should not be a surprise, because he really basically is the only afd mayor of a major town in Germany, even if his party membership officially says Die Grünen...

The other set of data that is available for Tübingen (and every city in the world) is more and more studies showing that Schnelltests will only catch somewhere between 50% and 70% of Infections, because it is highly dependent on virus concentration. Which means that regular and frequent Schnelltests would still be a big help at essential places of work or schools, because it would reduce the size of outbreaks, and it looks like even if we get Brazilian levels of death and misery we're not going to do a real shutdown anymore; but if we use these Schnelltests to open'r'up and create a whole shitton of new contacts that wouldn't have happened otherwise, they are worse than useless.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

GABA ghoul posted:

Inzidenzen going down while opening would have been pretty surprising. The data everyone is waiting for is how well the Umsetzung worked and how Inzidenzen looked compared to the control group/towns.

Right now it looks like compliance with lockdown measures and acceptance is pretty much cratering. Everyone is just so loving tired and burned out from this poo poo. We are our way to the worst phase of the pandemic yet and still a huge part of Germany hasn't even reversed the Frühjahrslockerung, geschweige denn enacted more strict measures. It's gonna be ugly and perspektivloses shouting of ~weiter so~ is not gonna help anymore. At least the experiment is giving people some hope of a way out and hält them by the Stange. The alternative is that everyone resigniert and starts ignoring the measures more and more. If the experiment liefert a fazit that this is actually a workable concept then that's just an added bonus.

First, the "experiment" will not deliver a fazit because we are talking about OB Boris Palmer* here, and he already forced the scientists nominally conducting it to start early despite their protests. The Stadt Tübingen has already been caught lying about the technical details of the tests they use, and you can betcha that whatever some dumb scientist who is betreuing the project writes up in a few weeks, the results recognized in the public and in the media will only be whatever Boris Palmer wants to talk about on the next Markus Lanz. That's pretty much the story from the beginning of the pandemic here in Germany, see also the completely pointless and absolutely debunked Heinzenberg study, anything Herr Streeck predicted during any week of the last year, the Hamburg pathologist or any of the other complete Quacksalbers who nevertheless get paraded around as experts over and over regardless of how often they are proven to be completely wrong.

Second, every single loving representative poll shows over and over again that it is a vocal minority that is not accepting the measures, and not a majority. Our problem is just that our media and our politicians are caving to that minority over and over and over, because coincidentally the interests of our saintly "Wirtschaft" are perfectly aligned with said minority, so the absolute cowardice of our politicians can be covered by pointing at "the people" and claiming they want this course of action.

The Tübingen experiment is already working so well that even Boris Palmer had to admit there was a bit much "Saufgelage" in his opened up city, but he is of course convinced that this is just a temporary phenomenon of a few ruffians, and not some of the 25% of open-up proponents doing exactly what he is inviting them to do. Also, as someone who is part of the two-thirds majority of people who'd rather see things stay closed down and better yet, a harder lockdown, I'd be happy if I didn't have to dodge hordes of Feiernde in the schöne Frühlingswetter when I do my necessary grocery runs...

* if anyone doesn't actually know who Boris Palmer is, you should definitely google the highlights of his career...

Edit:

here, have a hopeful image! Germany #1

Spice World War II fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 28, 2021

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

GABA ghoul posted:

None of this Palmer conspiracing matters unless you're suggesting that he would go as far as make dead people disappear and manipulate Gesundheitsamtdaten. In the end Inzidenz/Intensivstationenauslastung/Tote is gonna be significantly elevated compared to control towns or not. Not much to spin there.

Hendrick Streeck built his career as Covid expert on the back of a preprint of a study which, by the time the peer reviewed study was finally published, did not support any of his expert opinions. He was wrong in literally every prediction he made live on tv and to the press, but is still part of Laschets expert advisor team for NRW.

Palmer's aim is not to manipulate data to make his model city into a success, his whole goal is to once again remind everyone that he is the one politician who listens to the people, like when he says all the things about scary black people without shirts that the rest of the darn politically correct politicians don't dare to say anymore. Success or failure doesn't really matter, he will bleat about his model city until it becomes too clear that the data doesn't support his ideas, at which point he will will move on to the next thing, to make sure that when the scientists that no one knows will write a few papers about it no one will pay attention to it.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Hopper posted:

Did you see the tweet about test kits being used in 4 C temperature when they need to be room temperature? The same guy reported that people also received their passierschein before even being tested and that nobody checked ID so you could happily hand your ticket on to the next person once you were finished shopping.

The cause is the same as every time complete and utter idiocy and non-exisiting/half baked procedures.

pidan posted:

On the plus side, if this wonky implementation ends up working out ok, better cities can make it work even better.

That said I'm reasonably sure this experiment will have been shut down by the end of the week, so we'll never know.

Schnelltests do not have the necessary accuracy to be used as a tool to open up under already exponential growth. Every proponent of Schnelltests says this, the Beipackzettel of the Tests themselves say this. The idea was to use Schnelltests after the first or second wave was under control, to help open up safely. Instead we managed to rest on our laurels of a relatively easy first wave, didn't prepare anything, then completely bungled the response to the second wave, once again did not properly prepare how to open up after it, and now idiots like Palmer are using a concept that was supposed to be used to offer a safe start at a point in time when our ICU already have less open spaces than during the height of the second wave, and our growth has been exponential already for a while again.

During the winter, politicians were talking about how Schnelltests would make opening up schools safe, then they opened up the schools and didn't have any tests available. The professor nominally in charge of the Modellversuch in Tübingen told the SWR Landesschau that the scientists behind the Versuch told the city that it was a) the wrong time and b) needed at least a few weeks more to properly prepare, but the city forced them to start it anyway.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

Windräder are cool, and good, and they're my friend. I'm a renewable energy engineer working at a wind planning and management company, AMA

When are the three Windräder on my Dorfs Gemarkung finally going up? Waiting for like three years now!

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
https://twitter.com/formschub/status/1380109538918072320?s=20

Echsenmenschenstatus of the FDP confirmed, all using the same bad human mask!

https://twitter.com/formschub/status/1380175611340193795?s=20

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Now that Deutschrap-Legend Smudo has exposed himself as horrible sellout for the Theranos of contact tracing apps, a new hope appears

https://twitter.com/larsweisbrod/status/1380771878239879168

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Another Modellversuch doing just great... https://twitter.com/SaarlAudioslave/status/1383674530573418498?s=19

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
20 million in public contracts and counting, Smudo and his friends sold some quality software worthy to unterstütz all these fantastic Modellprojekte!

https://twitter.com/heluecht/status/1383789842954276876

The app works great if you check every dataset manually at the Gesundheitsamt!

https://twitter.com/annalist/status/1384146844696014851

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
I find it extremely funny that the smart and rational goons in this thread constantly out themselves for falling for the right-wing bullshit machine and complain about the greens wanting to take their atoms from them, and forcefeed homeopathy on everyone, when in reality Jens CDU Spahn himself loudly proclaimed that the GKV will continue to pay for homeopathy, and the Schwarz-Geld (typo, but I'mma leave it in) was the Bundesregierung that jumped back onto the Atomausstieg when Fukushima happened.

Homeopathy is going to continue to be paid for by the Krankenkassen no matter who you vote for; and you will not get your precious atoms back. The greens at least admit that we need to work on alternative energy concepts...

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

Shameful admission: I voted for Schwarz-Gelb back then, specifically because the FDP was the only party which had an expansion of nuclear power in their Parteiprogramm. (Also I was a naive boy who believed in the concept of a free market.) I felt really betrayed after that turnaround. And I will certainly not repeat that mistake ever again. But I still believe that the greens would have done the same in an even bigger rush. Abolishing them was already in their Parteiprogramm before Fukushima was overblown.

Of course nuclear power would have abandoned under a green government, too. The only party that wants to bring the atoms back against all public sentiment is the Afd. Proves that only nazi's want nuclear power I guess :smug:

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

jaylynne posted:

So I misread parts of the signup website here in Bayern and it just bumped me up to priority group 2 when I corrected it. Are they asking for proof in medical records when you go in for your vaccination? I was actually diagnosed in the US and have only been maintaining medications here. Did anyone here have to bring records along? Thanks, thread.

In Rheinland Pfalz a one sentence letter from your Hausarzt was sufficient. If you are maintaining prescription medications whichever doctor extends those prescriptions should be able to write it.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

bou posted:

I know someone who knows someone (yeah, living in a Dorf) who was down with kinda flu for a week after vaccination. Don't know which stuff they got. My mother (Group 1) got her 2nd Biontech-shot today for which i registered her almost on day 1 in January. Felt a little dizzy afterwards but that's par for the course with her anyway. One thing that struck me: The Impfzentrum was way more empty this time and we were sent through almost without pauses.
I (Group 2 as Pflegeperson) registered a month ago and since then got a "don't call us - we call you"-Mail which then stated i would get AZ. Well, a week later it was banned for people <60 and i don't know what the gently caress anymore. I'm also on the list at my Hausarzt. But she got 12 Doses the first weeks which was now upgraded to 20 so i'm not holding my breath in this front.
My workplace qualifies as Group 3 and we got informed that we can now apply for a Termin. But the official Formular is not online yet. In summary: All i see is german organization and efficiency working as intended. This is RLP btw.
I'm not mad, i gave up caring a long time ago.
I am in RLP, too, getting my second shot of Moderna on monday, and have a lot of friends and family who are "lucky" enough to be Gruppe 2 due to being Pflegepersonen, too. When the AZ Debacle happened, did you call the Impfhotline? Because when I did, they helpfully asked for my details and then started to delete my registration. Thankfully I realized what they were doing and told them to stop, then called the Gesundheitsamt of the town the Impfzentrum was in, and they told me that only one day of vaccinations (March 16th) was cancelled, everyone else was switched over to another vaccine and should just show up on their scheduled date. The people who got cancelled (me) would get a new date automatically, as long as the dumb call center in Dresden (Impfhotline) didn't delete their registration.

Of course communication about this solution was super bad. This solution (just show up, you will get a different vaccine) was posted on the RLP Impfwebsite, but no emails went out on the first few days at least. They also had a press release for local newspapers, but I don't know if they ever sent any official letters or email about it afterwards. I don't know of anyone who got a letter or email. I do however know one person who had a vaccination date of March 18th, didn't know what the gently caress, didn't go because they assumed they couldn't just show up and someone would tell them what to do, and then was unceremoniously dropped from the registry for failing to show and never contacted again until they called the Impfhotline, who said they can't find any entry, so she re-registered and now had her first shot like two weeks ago.

So if you are in the same situation, re-registering might solve things for you, too. But assume a high level of incompetence when talking to the Impfhotline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

bou posted:

Thanks for the heads-up! Unfortunately i didn't have a Termin scheduled, just a Mail stating "We got ya. You may get your AZ shot somewhere in may. Please don't bother us, we won't forget you. Promise.". I didn't bother calling the hotline since when i tried i always got booted out of the line without reaching anyone. Maybe i will try again from work next week.

Didn't they send you one of these? I got this on the 5th of April:
I must admit, i kinda dig that little passive-aggresive "IF we get the doses we were rpomised..." part.

/snipped my personal Data
code:

I never got anything like that. I signed up here https://impftermin.rlp.de/termin/

The Impfhotline was hard to reach, and incompetent. But I signed up on that form on March 7th, got an email to sign up for a vaccination date a couple minutes later, was done with registration 15 minutes later, got a first vaccination date with AZ for March 16th, then got automatically rescheduled to Moderna and am getting my second shot this monday. Did you sign up on that page or somewhere else?

I *do* live in the rear end end of nowhere of RLP (almost in Saarland :toot:), maybe it's harder to get a vaccination date if you live somewhere with a higher ration of people to Schwenksteaks