Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

DerDestroyer posted:

Is there any truth to this financial bailout of Greece, Portugal, Spain, Italy etc as being nothing more than a very indirect way of bailing out German banks who actually own the debt and would be insoluble if there were defaults?

From what I've read, the French banks are more exposed than then the German banks, but there's still some pretty significant exposure on the German side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Velho! posted:

I'm not complaining, but how did the FDP lose so many votes? Did their previous voters go to CDU/CSU and AfD?

Didn't Merkel basically tell people to vote for the CDU/CSU and not the FDP?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The infographics were from a Wall Street Journal HENRY (High Earners, Not Rich Yet) article, to be more specific.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

There's a reason the US forces investigated everyone.

Well known US investigation Operation Paperclip.