Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Condiv posted:

It's where my university program is sending me this spring and I figured it would be easier to get into a program there since I had already attended the university.

It doesn't really matter. The bigger issue is that Master programs apart from the M.Ed. are often extremely small and underattended. They haven't exactly been embraced by Bachelor students, and Paderborn is not a university that can pull a significant amount of qualified students from other instutitions.

However, both Münster and Bielefeld are within a 40-minute drive, and they're both making efforts to develop good Master programs that Paderborn probably cannot afford to make.

Plankalkuel posted:

The "Lehramt" degree is usually seen as a 2nd class Masters and teachers in general are not that well respected and viewed as lazy.

I'd say "extremely intellectually lazy" is a more accurate term. The typical M.Ed. student seems to either want the job for the steady paycheck or because they really, really like children, but not because of any passion for the subject.

Since the B.A-level classes they have to attend force them to deal with aspects of their chosen subjects that don't transfer 1-1 into their future currriculum, they come to yearn for a ghostly presence hovering over their shoulder telling them exactly what to do with all this information being taught to them. They're some of the most disinterested people I've met.

As a consequence you'll hear many M.Ed. students complaining about how useless university is and that they don't bother learning anything they haven't heard about in their own Gym/Ges classes anyway.

SNAKES N CAKES fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Gold and a Pager posted:

How many Lehramt diplom students did you meet? Maybe you just happened to meet some really poo poo people who happened to study Lehramt, but that's not a quality that is limited to just one subject.

About 80-90% of the students attending any of my BA classes were M.Ed. students (building eagerly towards the next Lehrerschwemme), and I worked on group projects with ~30 of them. Familiarity breeds contempt.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Einbauschrank posted:

They wanted something placative

"Plakativ" is a German neologism :ssh:

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
We have another German mass murderer. :ohdear:

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Kopijeger posted:

Is there a semantic difference between "Airline" and "Fluggesellschaft" that justifies using the English word in a German text?

Two syllables / a couple of letters less.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Tomorrow's Bild looks to be a must-buy:

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
The next season of Homeland will be set in Germany, so I hope they'll be able to mine the BND angle for something juicy. I wonder if we'll get to see a Merkel double.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Next you'll tell me that there's a connection between the CSU and Bavarian bankers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

To be fair, he wouldn't be much of a hypergenius if you or I were able to appreciate him.