Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

unixbeard posted:

The culture is definitely different from the Anglo culture I am used to.

What are some of the differences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Resource posted:

Any advice for places to find information on getting a job in Germany? I have German citizenship, but I've been living in the states for most of my life. I have some family over there, but I could use some resources specific to moving there to work.
I've had good experience using monster.de and stepstone.de

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
What business do you wanna open up?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
What options do you have in the Netherlands in situations like those?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

StrangeRobot posted:

Our schooling system that openly divides people into classes at the incredibly young age of five

What are you talking about the first four grades aren't divided. The kids are divided at age ten.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Ya I too only give a poo poo if there are kids around.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

KingaSlipek posted:

Yes, there is one selection process, and that should be about skill and that works, but as you, not I, claim that process is also about social standing. And it clearly is working (although not perfectly, but no one claims that that's possible) most of the time, because, for the hundredth time, the top third of a German class constitute the top of the world. It's amazing and puzzling to me how this can't get into your head.
Well if you have the top third "smartest" german kids going against all finnish kids, cause the finns aren't segregated at school, then it's not really fair is it?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
It always feels really closed minded to me when people think strictly within their national borders and get real angry about foreigners stealing their jobs.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

DerDestroyer posted:

Why are nationalities and national borders and nations so important to you?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I agree that national borders are relevant to the reality of the world we live in but I was coming from an idealistic point of view I guess. The importance of arbitrary lines on a map that have changed so often in history seems silly and unfortunate. Culture transcends borders and inter-individual diversity is much stronger than inter-national one.

What you're posting is country-centered-egoism, kind of like the John Galt bs.

niethan fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 16, 2011

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Einbauschrank posted:

The only way to deal with a bubble is to let it burst, and sadly

I don't get how letting a bubble burst is "dealing with it", since the bursting is the problem you're trying to avoid in the first place. Wouldn't you deal with a bubble by safely deflating it?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
The term Döner-Morde in itself is racist as poo poo. I'ma go on a killing spree against mexicans and see if they call it the Taco-Murders.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

ArchangeI posted:

As I understand it, most if not all of the murders happened to Döner cooks. Naming them after the connecting element seems reasonable - would you prefer the term "Türkenmorde"?

Only two of the vics worked at a dönerbude.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Stuhlmajor posted:

Wait, what is the german investigation team called?

Bosporus

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Broken Dictionary posted:

Dürüm is basically döner wrapped up in a tortilla.

No that's a yufka

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

goethe42 posted:

Heinz may also have cheated once or twice in school or copied his homework from his buddy.
Heinz also doesn't have a university degree, he understands that Guttenberg may have left out some footnotes/quotes, didn't say who he was quoting, but then Heinz also used some obscure REO Speedwagon song text when proposing to Gerda and he didn't tell her it were not his own words.
Heinz doesn't get why this sympathetic young politician, that even looks a little bit like Michael Ballack and stems from a good house, who is not gay, scarfaced or adopted from Vietnam, had to resign over seemingly some formal errors.
Heinz thinks that chucking stones at policemen and living in a WG with terrorists is a much bigger crime and that guy didn't have to resign.
Gerda also thinks that it's nice to have someone with a noble background in a important position in politics. Maybe his daugther will once have a beautiful wedding like William and Kate this year. Gerda also thinks, that for a change it's nice to have someone in a high position that isn't divorced at least once, it has been a long time since someone with good christian family values was in power and a "von" is more or less a guarantee for that.

Props on the sexism here, bro.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Stuttgart 21

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
If I am fighting for the right thing I sure as hell am not going to give a poo poo about what some majority believes is right.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Air is lava! posted:

Who are you to decide what's the right thing though?
Who are they to decide I'm wrong?

Air is lava! posted:

You are basically saying that you are smarter than the mayority.
Where did smartness come into play?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Titanic is the best magazine.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Let's not pretend as if the NSDAP would ever be going anywhere.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

ArchangeI posted:

Yes, we are all so close to be overcome by our genetic naziness. Once someone calls himself Führer, we Germans simply can't not vote for him! that is what makes the NPD so dangerous! Every second Apfel could make a televised speech calling himself the f-word, and before you know it, we will have invaded France. Again.

Call me back when the NPD reliably gets double digit results in federal elections.

Sorry I don't understand this argument of yours.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Stop translating Tea Party talking points verbatim, tia.

Please elaborate on this comment.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I guess as long as they aren't a "clear end present danger" to german democracy it's no big deal that they kill turks.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Ententod posted:

Whose mouth are you trying to put those words in, exactly?

That dude that was like "NPD is no big deal". This dude ^^^^^^

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
That " we are the nerds you never invited to parties" poo poo was so fremdscham-inducing.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Well do you find it fair that political refugees and asylum seekers aren't allowed to work and are kept in what amounts to prison cells?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

az posted:

People like Churchill wanted to cut Germany up into several small, agrarian states with no industry in an effort to render Germany powerless forever. Much of the population would have just died off.
I don't get how the latter sentence follows from the former?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
The dumbest thing is when poo poo like this happens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#Germany

A controversy was stirred by the decision of several police departments to begin inquiries against anti-fascists.[75] In late 2005 police raided the offices of the punk rock label and mail order store "Nix Gut Records" and confiscated merchandise depicting crossed-out swastikas and fists smashing swastikas. In 2006 the Stade police department started an inquiry against anti-fascist youths using a placard depicting a person dumping a swastika into a trashcan. The placard was displayed in opposition to the campaign of right-wing nationalist parties for local elections.[76]

http://www.journalchretien.net/1869-stuttgart-seeks-to-ban-anti-fascist-symbols?lang=fr

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

midnightclimax posted:

Did Westerwelle ever come out? When thinking about openly gay german politicians, only Wowereit comes to mind.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/westerwelles-outing-guidos-inszenierte-enthuellung-a-309744.html

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Well germans have weeks of holiday a year as opposed to days.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Well wasn't the problem with the airport the fire protection system made by the swabians from Bosch?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Landsknecht posted:

Germany is the home of the German people and the culture here is German, and it will continue to be the dominant culture here barring any major change.

What does this even mean, what is your definition of German people and German culture?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I still don't get what german Leitkultur is supposed to be and how those who don't follow it are refusing integration and should be deported if they do anything wrong. Cause the only thing differenciating Murat the repeat offender who doesn't feel part of Leitkultur from Punker-Kalle the repeat offender who doesn't feel part of Leitkultur is their ancestry and that sure as hell shouldn't be reason to question the germanness or even deport one and keep the other.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
http://instagram.com/p/dufJZtOCOb/

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Hoeneß is going to prison after all. I have regained some respect for him.

Good job being a criminal and going to prison I guess? How is all the gained respect bullshit justified?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Admitting that you have done wrong and then accepting the punishment is commendable. Doesn't mean I think he is a saint. I'm just less disgusted by him than before.

Edit: And by the way, gently caress FC Bayern fans.

I guess it's better than being all "No I'm innocent" even though you're not but it feels like the bare minimum to accept a rightful sentencing and shouldn't earn brownie points.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Yeah he doesn't sound native. More like a Slavic person who is really good at speaking German. Like he teaches German or something.

It's not just pronunciation but also melody and emphasis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
It's so transparent because nobody ever talks about schiebing ab criminal germans.