Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
Frohen Tag der Deutschen Einheit, liebe Nachbarn :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

And bitching is our favourite pastime.

You're confusing Germany with Austria here :p

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

ArchangeI posted:

I see that killing a woman is not considered murder in Austria, good to know.

lolwut?

Wer einen anderen (Menschen) etc.

includes all genders imo

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
I wouldn't have a problem with gendered language if it wasn't for the fact that usually only "positive" words are gendered. I can count the times where I've read stuff like VerbrecherInnen, TerroristInnen etc. on one hand.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Cingulate posted:

Do you have a rough idea of what the gender split for most crimes is, including terrorist murders in the western world?

If I was an enemy of feminism, the last thing I'd ever talk about was violence and crime. I'd stick to comparatively safe issues such as nobel prizes or how men are clearly meant to rule just look at nature.

that argument works the other way round aswell. why mention women in fields where there's not a significant number of women?

im not an enemy of feminism btw, but when you want equality, you dont get to cherry pick the good stuff

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Yo, gently caress the police. ACAB. Yo.

Austrian Cops Are Better :v:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Mithaldu posted:

There are more broad strokes in that the further south you go, the weirder the language becomes, with Bavaria being the Hochburg of strange talk, ...

What? Bavarian is at least recognizable as a german dialect. Ever heard someone from northern Germany speak Platt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
https://www.derstandard.at/story/3000000213054/flugtaxi-volocopter-deutschland-wissing

gleich als ich die headline las wusste ich - FDP

das gute an der sache ist, dass die rotorblätter sich einfach zur expressguilloutine umfunktionieren lassen

wie oft der minister und der CEO wohl gemeinsam skifahren / golfen waren?