Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i've gotta say the way that the fallout show completely retconned fallout new vegas is completely unacceptable. like yeah okay you have a show set on the west coast in the fallout universe with how many characters? and yet no-one is played by liam o'brien? sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Season 2 of the Fallout shpw will have Yuri Lowenthal playing ninety-seven different characters

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
what are the must-have NV mods if you want an essentially vanilla experience but with stability and minor QoL/gameplay improvements?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I didn't hear Greg Alan Williams once.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Gaspy Conana posted:

what are the must-have NV mods if you want an essentially vanilla experience but with stability and minor QoL/gameplay improvements?

The Viva New Vegas guide

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

DaysBefore posted:

Season 2 of the Fallout shpw will have Yuri Lowenthal playing ninety-seven different characters

the persona 3 to fallout new vegas pipeline

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DaysBefore posted:

Unironically want this

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Yuri clones are too busy dying for Super Earth these days to wish for a nuclear winter.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Nobody Interesting posted:

The Viva New Vegas guide

thanks! this looks amazing but it's massive. is there a curated "i only have an hour every night to spend on games" set of mods out there or is this as close as it gets?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Garth Marengi's Fallout.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MonsieurChoc posted:

Garth Marengi's Fallout.

Oh god, I want to watch/play that now.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Garth Marengi's Fallout.

Matt Berry is already in the TV show, make it happen.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've been feeling it's a "time to replay fallout" mood, are there versions of 3/nv less crashy on modern hardware than others?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Meowywitch posted:

I've been feeling it's a "time to replay fallout" mood, are there versions of 3/nv less crashy on modern hardware than others?

Tale of Two Wastelands.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Gaspy Conana posted:

thanks! this looks amazing but it's massive. is there a curated "i only have an hour every night to spend on games" set of mods out there or is this as close as it gets?
If you just install the 4GB patch, YUP and JSawyer that'll get you most of the way there. The 4GB patch lets the game use more RAM which helps deal with crashes, YUP fixes millions of bugs and JSawyer tightens up the gameplay nicely. YUP probably requires the script extender, if so it'll link to it. As far as qol I can't think of anything New Vegas needs though there are lots of little things that are nice. You'll need some kind of mod manager to set a load order, Mod Organizer 2 is amazing but takes a while to set up, I'm not sure what the other options are. I think the game comes with a basic one in the launcher?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Gaspy Conana posted:

No that's really it as far as I know.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Meowywitch posted:

3/NV are absolutely rock solid on my Steamdeck.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

2house2fly posted:

If you just install the 4GB patch, YUP and JSawyer that'll get you most of the way there. The 4GB patch lets the game use more RAM which helps deal with crashes, YUP fixes millions of bugs and JSawyer tightens up the gameplay nicely. YUP probably requires the script extender, if so it'll link to it. As far as qol I can't think of anything New Vegas needs though there are lots of little things that are nice. You'll need some kind of mod manager to set a load order, Mod Organizer 2 is amazing but takes a while to set up, I'm not sure what the other options are. I think the game comes with a basic one in the launcher?

ah this'll do! thank you!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

tango alpha delta posted:

3/NV are absolutely rock solid on my Steamdeck.

It’s the perfect fallout machine. Except I can’t get tactics to work.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Arc Hammer posted:

Matt Berry is already in the TV show, make it happen.

This is the first thing so far that has made me consider watching the show

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm not sure what next after New Vegas. 1, 2, 3, 4? The Wasteland games I never finished? Encased?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Just Assorted Mods has some features like sprint and bullet time, and there's a few mods that add a grenade hotkey. I wanted to get strip and freeside open, but didn't want to gently caress around with making that compatible with navmesh mods. (I'm already not sure of how well those work, melee enemies still seem to get confused, but maybe that's just the AI being terrible in general)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm not sure what next after New Vegas. 1, 2, 3, 4? The Wasteland games I never finished? Encased?

Encased isn't very good, it mechanically breaks down after a few hours. Wasteland 3 is pretty great. Wasteland 2 is... I think the best description is "basic", personally I wouldn't see any reason to replay it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MonsieurChoc posted:

Garth Marengi's Fallout.

Blood. Blood. Blood. And bits of mess.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

RBA Starblade posted:

Blood. Blood. Blood. And bits of mess.

Blood. Blood? Blood. Blood, blood, blood. And thin red paste.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Honestly just going through the utilities and bug fixes section of viva new vegas will give you a very solid copy of new vegas with not that much effort, that's what I do when I want a vanilla run through of the game

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Encased isn't very good, it mechanically breaks down after a few hours. Wasteland 3 is pretty great. Wasteland 2 is... I think the best description is "basic", personally I wouldn't see any reason to replay it.

Gonna defend Encased, I love that game. I'm sad Act 3 will never be finished because of the Ukraine War, but what's there is a fun attempt.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

steinrokkan posted:

Blood. Blood? Blood. Blood, blood, blood. And thin red paste.

"My aunt lives in The Pitt, she says it's quite nice."

"Well she's wrong."

grobbo
May 29, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Garth Marengi's Fallout.

He whisked off her reinforced leather armour in one movement, wild like an enraged shark. His bulky totem beating a seductive rhythm. Benny's body felt like it was burning, even though the room was properly air-conditioned. They tried all the positions - on top, doggy, and normal. Exhausted, they collapsed onto the recently extended sofa-bed.

Then, she shot him with a silenced .22 pistol.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Oh and Underrail too.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh and Underrail too.

Underrail is probably the best Fallout-like, period. But it's very, very punishing of suboptimal builds, which doesn't mean there is one required build - there are many, but it's easy to trap yourself with a poor choice along the way. Imo you owe it to yourself to give it a try, but read up on some recommended builds on the forums and pick one that sounds fun.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 15, 2024

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Then a hellbeast Deathclaw cannibal boy from arefu ate them.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Some gamers have recognized the true flaw in the TV show, which is real human anatomy:

https://twitter.com/GameCharacterAI/status/1778300445821219189

I'm a dumb pervy nerd but it bugs me that AI 'prompt engineers' will uncritically post poo poo with nonsensical anatomy. A butt's not a 1990s sphere render! There are muscles in there; they are doing stuff!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1778189065759891959?t=_aNFFb9KuAq6p4pih-rbRA&s=19

One of these days I'll be down in the UsA and make a point to stop in at Goodsprings for Fallout Day.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Underrail is probably the best Fallout-like, period. But it's very, very punishing of suboptimal builds, which doesn't mean there is one required build - there are many, but it's easy to trap yourself with a poor choice along the way. Imo you owe it to yourself to give it a try, but read up on some recommended builds on the forums and pick one that sounds fun.

I think I got a character in the middle of the tutorial lol.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Underrail really, really, really needs character respec mechanic.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JOVjjOagvU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

He doesn't even loving shoot it? Talk about a cock tease, I wanted to see him dislocate his shoulder while blowing up a watermelon.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Some gamers have recognized the true flaw in the TV show, which is real human anatomy:

https://twitter.com/GameCharacterAI/status/1778300445821219189

That is one depressing twitter account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

side_burned posted:

That is one depressing twitter account

https://twitter.com/GameCharacterAI/status/1766044768209944785

lmao you weren't kidding