Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Berke Negri posted:

My last playthrough I ran mission mojave and I can't tell what it fixed over the other unofficial patch, but if I remember right a good deal of it is less "bugfixes" and "what we think this should be"

I just started with MMUE and MMUE+. I'm only at Primm, so should I be deactivating that and starting again?

I'm personally kind of cool with what I've seen of MMUE. Maybe making Doc Mitchell's stuff owned so it's a karma loss if you steal it might have not been sensible, though. I don't know what else it's like later on in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

PootieTang posted:

I can't wait until his bodyguards go up to the suite to check on him and find him.

You can sure hold a grudge. We should all take note to never piss you off.

I always feel inclined to let Benny go, I don't know why. I just can't stay at mad people, I guess. :angel:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Frankston posted:

I haven't played this game for about 2 years, really fancied a run so I booted it up and had a blast for a few hours. Then it crashed, my save file was corrupted, and my back-up save file dumps me in Goodsprings at level 1 with no items/quests/anything. :ughh:

Read the modding thread and get your game prettied up for a new Courier.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Darn it I'm stuck in Honest Hearts. My speech isn't high enough to get Joshua to spare Salt-Upon-Wounds so I tell him to kill him and then I'm stuck in place staring Joshua down for eternity. If I reload the save and have Salt-Upon-Wounds defend himself, Joshua returns to using his normal dialogue. At the point Woundy-Salty-Face dies, the ending cinematic is meant to play.

There's probably just a console command I need to tap in but I can't figure out what it should be and this doesn't seem to be the usual bug. The Fallout Wiki says to give him back his companion ammo but that's only in case he's standing in place prior to killing Salt.

Edit: Nevermind. Turns out it was related to the Honest Hearts Extensions mod. For whatever reason, disabling that let me carry on.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 5, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Dammit I'm becoming god again. :negative: DLCs have you levelling up too fast.

I can now effectively sneak kill everyone with no repercussions and Deathclaws are now the only things in the wasteland I actually now fear, but that won't last long - I'm only level 24. I really don't think this game scales well at all.

I'm about to do Dead Money but I'm again worried about walking out of that at level 30 or something. That leaves OWB and Lonesome Road which will surely push me up to 40 if not 50. I think I need a mod that increases the level cap or at least the XP requirements, would be nice to just rebalance enemies as well without anything too extensive (I'm a bit spergy about adding new poo poo). At the same time it'd be really awful to have to start again at this point (more or less ruling out JSawyer).

Sneak is really overpowered. Sneak got me bored of Skyrim, too. I was then able to sneak around in plain sight and steal people's clothes off their backs. I left entire villages nude. I was the phantom trouser snatcher for maybe a few days then I quit the game. Bethesda just can't scale sneak properly. It's just so dumb that I can crouch down and take out just about anyone I want with a silent .22.

It'll get to a point where it doesn't matter what side I choose (edging towards Yes Man anyway, killed Vulpes so those guys hate me) because I can just crouch down and kill them all with my spud gun. Hell in my last playthrough I emptied out Vault 3 backwards like that.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Do you think it'd be okay to install that given how far I am into the game now? As for the cut content restoration, how does it fare with New Vegas Uncut?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I think we can all agree though that Cazadores are the worst thing mankind has ever imagined.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Gyshall posted:

The next fallout game should just be a big empty room with a few monsters and the end game at the opposite end of the room.

all of the monsters are giant rats

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

FairGame posted:

I once punched an ant outside megaton all the way to the super duper mart.

One of its legs remained in megaton and totally hosed up game loading, rendering megaton largely inaccessible.

Open console, click body, type disable. Then uninstall Fallout 3 because it sucks :v:

Actually, how did the gently caress up manifest? Did the Megaton cell just refuse to load or something?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

whatsabattle posted:

I started Dead Money the other day.

I don't care what anyone says, it's awesome.

Well ok bye.

Back in the cage!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Okimin posted:

I wish more happened if you blew up houses robots. You can like stroll down the strip with no problem even though you should be public enemy number 1 to house. I don't think anything attacks you until you walk into the lucky 38

Bad for business for Securitrons out on the strip to open fire on just another gambler. No one out there knows you blew it up.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

The fact that you have to actually play it on the FNV engine from the get-go for it to actually be stable for 200+ hours of play says something about both Bethesda's programming and Obsidian's programming.

Are you talking about Tale of Two Wastelands? How well does that work?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

In a hypothetical Fallout 4 which faction canonically rules New Vegas after the Courier's done loving poo poo up?

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 19, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I didn't think the Khans were big on rape? Were they big on rape?

Fiends are big on rape because on psycho the world is like "WOO! VAGINA! FUCKFUCKFUCK!" then it turns out the 'vagina' is a crack in a rock.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Stanos posted:

- Talk to Julie Farkas and she gives you an in

Incidentally, and this is a stupid place to pick up on it but there's so little mention of Julie in this thread...

Why the gently caress does she have a mohawk?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Right I'm a terrible awful person who hasn't played more than a few minutes of the original Fallout.

I need to get on that.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Roobanguy posted:

Jesus can we go back to talking about which faction is the best already?

No, because the only right answer is the Khans.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Everyone in the wasteland starts as dumb raiders. The Khans with enough years and through good enough leadership might actually turn into a gang of stand up guys who don't rape or murder for no reason.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Doing Lonesome Road for the first time in a long while. First off - loving Deathclaws. They're surely buffed beyond normal Wasteland ones, right? Second - loving Tunnellers. Why are they even there get away from me.

Thirdly - I'm actually leaning towards a Mr House ending, and yet Ulysses is still talking to me as if I'm NCR. What gives? I am idolized by the NCR for doing some nice things but I refused to work with Cocker Crocker.

Was hoping - as per some comments I've seen before - that doing Lonesome Road and listening to Ulysses might give me some better idea as to who to actually give the Strip to (since I really don't know who I want to support, think Legion's out now since I liberated Nelson, though), but since he assumes I'm with NCR none of his reasoning really makes sense. At least I'll get the carry weight bonus duster.

Also it's dishing out too much exp. I'm gonna finish this at level 50 :negative:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Finished Lonesome Road and I'm stuck after the slideshow. Enableplayercontrols works but I still can't move, the ending music theme is also constantly playing. I force traveled using coc in the console, still can't move.

Anyone know what might be up?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

King Doom posted:

Is this just after the slideshow, or just after the bit where it gives you an extra stat point? if you have max stats the game freaks out and kinda makes you paralysed forever there.

I didn't even get to the bit where I get the stat point. This is straight after the slideshow, and even running enableplayercontrols during the slideshow doesn't allow me to move (I should in theory be able to turn around and look at Ron?).

I don't have max stats, though. My PER is 10 through Four Eyes / Hats, though.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Weird. It was Nevada Skies. You must disable it before leaving the Temple or you get stuck.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

So is my game being buggy or can you really not repair the Elite Riot Armor with the Advanced Riot Armor? If it's not a bug, I'll probably just whip up a mod to fix that myself, because that's dumb.

I think it's an oversight / bug / whatever. You can't do it unless you have Jury Rigging for some stupid reason.

Would love a mod to fix that.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

That means you can repair a normal Riot Armor with Advanced now, but just don't be stupid and do that and you're good to go.

That's fair enough, actually. There shouldn't be any reason why you can't repair lower tier equipment with higher tier materials except for gamey reasons. It's just a dumb idea.

Thanks for the fix.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I went for an all business courier this time, so I'm going with Mr House. Now I have pangs of conscience because he wants me to blow up the BoS. There's nothing but disdain in what he's saying about them either, kinda feel like I can't work with someone like that now.

Caesar won't take me back and Crocker's disappeared? Think Yes Man is my only choice if I don't want to genocide.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Both in the main game and in DLC!

Hm yes I did meet Elijah...

Alright I got some self destruct keycards to nab.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Cheston posted:

Do their missions until they order you to kill the Van Graffs for selling/having/knowing about energy weapons. That's what originally made me revise my opinion from "maybe they're a little out of touch" to "this is loving absurd, it's been 120 years and you can buy lasers at the loving corner store," and I tend to feel pretty reassured blowing up the base after that point.

I've killed them anyway. They got mad at me after I handed Gloria's letter to Jackson. Which is weird, they should really have no idea that I did that.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

If and when FO4 comes out, where would you hope it was located?

West coast, obviously. And rope kid has to be project lead otherwise it doesn't exist.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Actually I guess a Fallout in another country would be nice. There's a whole bunch of Great War consequences that we can explore.

It's just imperative that Todd Howard isn't allowed to touch it.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I'm about to do Dead Money but I remember you have to RUN away from the vault after you're done loving poo poo up. How do you take enough gold bars to be able to build a Muggy shrine?

Also i forgot about the level scaling in OWB. I'm level 25 :bang:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Mr E posted:

Stick it on a certain corpse head and carry it out.

Carrying body parts slows you down as well though doesn't it?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

or just dont take the gold and cheat 100000 caps in

i think yall are missing the point of dead money :colbert:

i'm not letting go of this old coot's eyeball with a ton of gold inside it

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

amigolupus posted:

Hmm. I'm not sure if this one got patched out either. Then again, I don't think I remember if I had gotten Elijah's eyeball to spawn when I killed him.

I gored a pickpocket (Freeside Open is GOOD) in Freeside and found a segment of his pancreas was still heavy enough to keep me going at a walking pace so I don't think it works anymore

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Mr. Prokosch posted:

For Cowboy RP I'd recommend:
1. Do viva las vegas, it includes the JSawyer mod which has a lower level cap and shuffles some perks around.
2. Grab Logan's Loophole for an even lower cap.
3. Go for great luck and endurance, good intelligence, perception, and agility. Tank charisma. 4 strength is fine.
3. Get Guns, Repair, and Survival.
4. Pick up cowboy, handloader, and some perks to improve light armor and critical hits.

The reason you want to get your level cap down to 21 is because enemies scale with level but guns don't. The highest levels limit you to endgame weapons or every enemy is a bullet sponge. At 21 your revolver will drop enemies and your light armor / cowboy hat still keep you safe.

Decided to start my run over again (had only just made it to Freeside in non-hardcore) with these suggestions, not necessarily for the RP value but because I've played this game to death and have never felt like it was a good idea to restrict myself. Made a few compromises with lStewie tweaks; I'm keeping essential companions because the AI is too loving dumb for me to want to deal with that and I'm gonna let sleep heal me.

Because I'm using WMX I've ended up using JSawyer "Ultimate Edition". It sounds okay but for some reason anyone with a Varmint Rifle is carrying .22LR ammo instead of 5.56. This lead to Sunny Smiles giving me a Varmint Rifle and some .22LR; she was also carrying .22LR and ended up rushing into the Goodsprings fight with the Powder Gangers with a shovel but somehow didn't die (Cheyenne did tho)

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

rope kid posted:

This is because "Ultimate" means second-guessing the choices I made and adding a bunch of other things that the modder personally liked that also make the mod more fragile.

From the description it seemed pretty respectful. I didn't necessarily want any extra features, just no-fuss compatibility with WMX.

I was able to use FNVEdit to revert the rifle back to 5.56 which is great. For some reason, it still required 5.56 ammo but everyone was carrying .22LR, so no one was firing their rifles.

Off hand, do you know of any other second-guesses it makes?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

OldMemes posted:

The way Protrectrons speak cracks me up, its just a shame they walk so slowly.

Waiting for Fisto to make his way to my room gets the blood pumping :wiggle:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Commie Ghouls Don't Want You To See THIS Shocking Image!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

And who can blame you?

(I am still planning to write up an LR redesign fanfic, but it's backburnered vs work projects and serious subject effortposts and payday 2 mod updates)

I trust it will be suitably depraved?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Once you throw in a few mods and then start loving around with xEdit to get all those conflicts resolved, FNV becomes the Linux of video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Cheesing my total weight has meant I have well over 11,000 caps after completing Dead Money :negative: