Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TShields posted:

Is there ANY WAY to get rid of the near-constant crashes during Old World Blues? I've already beaten Lonesome Road and already purchased Old World Blues, I just really want a chance to play it!

Edit: and no, I'm not using ANY add-ons.

Steam menu -> right click new vegas -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of steam cache -> see if it downloads a new file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

You should tag Unarmed for your third skill because lots of good melee perks also require a high unarmed skill. Also it helps you drink your own piss.

I know you said no other weapon skills but frankly it's worth it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Just press your weapon key again, go bare-handed, and fist their legs off!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Are there any speech check failures that lead to different skill checks, or easier checks? I really like some of the failure dialogue (e.g. Dr Klein saying, well, everything that he says), but it sucks that you basically never hear it unless you're just dicking around.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

D34THROW posted:

Jesus tapdancing Christ, I just now realized that Victor isn't ONE Securitron, but rather several different Securitrons throughout the Mojave that House injected the Victor AI into. That's why neither a straight run from Goodsprings to Novac nor following the roads would net me any Mojave encounter with that irritating bastard.

:suicide:

I kinda thought he was a construct like Yes Man and can override any regular securitron. It's just rather than be designed for codebreaking and being hilarious, his programming is basically

code:
10 BE A COWBOY
20 GOTO 10

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

You bought them both? Play Fallout 3 first! For god's sake, play Fallout 3 first!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

whydirt posted:

Is there any technical or gameplay reason why the first third of Lonesome Road has a ton of world map markers compared to the rest of the DLC?

Probably because it's the only reasonably-open bit. After that, you pretty much just go in a straight line.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Garrand posted:

The same place he got the thousands of pounds of concrete to fill up a bunch of Vault 21?

What, the limestone quarry that's been overrun with deathclaws? NCR's been... not industrializing, as such, but certainly laying the basics for some heavy industry. That's what the powder gangers were up to, after all.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Yeah, I just mean they're not, like, China-in-real-life level industrialised. They've got some factories going, definitely.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's cool that the magaman business model is being expanded to other subforums

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Moderator Chris Avellone

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

RangerKarl posted:

This whole segue just made me go on a 5-minute search for crit failure tables. Didn't find any but I was reminded of the stuff the 3D Fallouts no longer have in terms of crit effects http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_hit_tables

jesus christ when you shoot a brahmin in the groin and get max crit:

quote:

The Brahmin is most upset with this udderly devastating attack.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

take it with you while patrolling the mojave almosT MAKES ME WISH FOR A NUCLEAR WINTER

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

be a King

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im gonna replay fallout new vegas for the ninth time, but get this - this time, i'm gonna play as a courier

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sallow finds a print copy of Fallout Equestria and dedicates his life to detonating as many remaining nukes as possible

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Fallout 4’s protagonist being a pre-war human who somehow experiences little to no culture shock upon waking up 210 years after the apocalypse.

how many subjective game hours is it between chilling with their family and robot butler, and suiting up in power armour to kill a deathclaw with a minigun

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

chiasaur11 posted:

It's... okay.

A lot of really cool concepts, some fun mechanics, but the line by line writing is pretty lowbrow even by Fallout standards.

That said, your final team can be a Deathclaw driver/medic/grenadier, a kleptomaniacal ghoul in power armor, a supermutant with a minigun, a killer robot, and the Vault Boy.

Just make sure to train someone up in energy weapons. Come endgame, you'll be glad you did.

should be pointed out that fallout tactics is explicitly not an RPG; the writing and worldbuilding's not up to the level of FO1 and FO2 but, well. oh well. it's kinda the same

still love it though

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fallout threahahahaha

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Fintilgin posted:

Arcanum is a beautiful, wonderful mess, which is probably totally unplayable for people not versed in old-school games and for some who are. Chris Avellone was supposed to stream it for the Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter and he kept dying in the opening area, gave up streaming, and quit Obsidian rather then keep playing. It's a buggy, unbalanced, unfinished mess with some bizarre and terrible design choices.

But it's heart is in the right place and it's the same heart that beats in the original Fallout games, so I will always, always love it. :3:

ah, an iron mine. well, this will probably be easy. don't need to repair my gear first

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol you're being Couriersplained to

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

Morrowind is still playable (if a PITA) and that game had the programming equivalent of caveman scribblings

it's me, the engine that renders absolutely everything regardless of whether or not the player can actually see it, or is even capable of ever seeing it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

I never knew this was even possible, since I heard so much about how the DLC has no way to affect the vanilla game due to how everything was coded.

every time i play Old World Blues i lol enormously at the throwaway "we've conditioned you so you can't tell anyone about this place!!!!" line from the brains

like, yes, how convenient

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

man i totally thought doc mitchell had bare arms in that thumbnail

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he represents your domicile, obviously

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

especially when compared to the unequivocally good character, ________

the answer is Rex

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the fact that the khans have a "get the poo poo beaten out of you" ritual in order to become an adult is basically because of 100+ years of being knocked around like a suitably tasteless metaphor

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ulysses, the weird broken hosed up idiot flagman, has straight 10s in everything. so do the tortured marked men leaders of Dry Wells and the Long 15 once you launch the nukes. perhaps reading too much into their SPECIAL stats is a mistake

also Rex has CHA 4 which is not even close to Good Boy territory. the devs are wrong

e: lol @ hellenising ulysses by accident

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 17, 2018

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fallout 3 is not a well-thought-out world

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the true alt-righters are the followers of the apocalypse

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dont be mean to me posted:

Oh, I get it, you're trolling.

if you class that as trolling then lol get back to ruling Vault City

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

Any of you actually played it yet. Waiting for feedback still :(.

it is very very obviously a fanmod

my experience of the prologue was a load of loving around and pointless voiceacting in an Unreal Tournament-style cavern, an annoying computer calling me a noob, a weird wasteland chatroom that i nearly got into an endless conversation loop in, and then the game crashed to desktop the first time someone tried to go hostile on me

e: also the game breaks your leg and doesn't fix it for, like, ages

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Who is the best LPr SA has at criticising bad writing

tallest midget

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pipboy in a rubber rooster mask

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ThaumPenguin posted:

No but really, why does president Kimball explode

stress

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dommed to death by a ghoul cowgirl

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fallout is about paying a lot of attention to a (cyber)dog, and getting a bit frustrated when it gets in your way in a doorway

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the sorrows weren't vault dwellers, were they? they were kids from some sinister School

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

PinheadSlim posted:

Except for killing thousands of people, only a percentage of which meant them harm.

just like the player character

we're talking about the new Vegas faction, not the generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

welcome, courier. whaddaya boiyin'?

whaddaya sellin'?