Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
...gently caress, I hope they don't charge $40 for this one like they did the first expansion, though I'm sure they will. I'll probably end up buying it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

V for Vegas posted:

Wednesday, 23 November slated as the release date.

Any information on pricing? I really hope it's cheaper than RotS was :ohdear:

Edit: Looked back at my receipt for RotS, and apparently I only paid $20 for it, not $40 like I was thinking :downs: That's reasonable.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 20, 2011

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Too bad I'm broke :(

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

nessin posted:

Can anyone confirm whether Legends was released? Work decides to block the Matrix Games site but not SomethingAwful, as if that makes perfect sense.

Yes.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Screw it, after the day I've had I need to lose myself in something. Bought and installing now.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
What do you mean by fleet posturing? I haven't played in a while, and don't recall that

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Mr. Cali posted:

It is a feature they added in Legends. Here's a detailed explaination:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2973167

I understood most of that, though the images not working is unhelpful. Still, thanks! Will look into it next time I play.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Mister Adequate posted:

poo poo I need to track that down, I wondered where that thread had gone and my feelings towards StarDrive are more generous than most goons' seem to be. I'm very saddened if he did indeed turn out to be the douche some people predicted :(

e; found it! You guys are right. Why does every sci-fi 4X gently caress up or have Matrix pricing?

Star Ruler 2 looks fantastic so far, and the devs (or at least Firgof) are demonstrably nice dudes, and SR1 was reasonably priced!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Reason posted:

Are there any good LPs of this game? Its like CK2 I load it up because I really, really want to play it, then immediately close it due to how complex the interface is.

This series of videos is pretty great. It's for an older version, but it's still good information. Basically the guy is playing the game like everyone says not to, with a minimum of automation. He gives very helpful explanations for why he does things and what other things do though.

• Locked thread