Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This deserves to go in here

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUH40Mgr0N0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Not content with pissing his own money up the wall, owen's got rooney at it too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/09/wayne-rooney-pippy-last-chester

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I suppose this should go here.

http://elpais.com/elpais/2013/02/06/inenglish/1360174143_583309.html

Real Sociedad made payments to notorious doping doctor Eufemiano Fuentes and had him on a €13,000 retainer

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Cars are far more safe the bikes though. You could potentially walk away from a high speed smash in a super car but on a bike they'd be picking up bits of you for miles. The thing I don't get is that I thought they paid those horrible oval office agents 10% so they didn't have to trawl compare the market during international breaks.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

NinjaSteve posted:

You could at least have a front four of Ched Evans, van Persie, Remy and Nile Ranger, they'd score a lot between them

Johnny Evans and titus bramble as Center backs.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Guess this should go here

quote:

Uefa: New drug-testing plans and 10-match bans for racism

Uefa will retrospectively study 900 doping samples given since 2008 as it attempts to combat use of performance-enhancing drugs in European football. Though it will not lead to future punishments, the governing body intends to identify the scale of steroid use. Uefa will also carry out blood testing in more competitions from 2013-14, and consider using biological passports.

A proposal for 10-match European bans for players and officials found guilty of racism has also been ratified.For racist incidents involving spectators, a partial stadium closure for the first offence and a full stadium closure for a second, coupled with a fine of 50,000 euros (£42,800), will be applied.

The new measures were on the agenda at Uefa's executive committee meeting, held in London prior to Saturday's Champions League final between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich. In February, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he had asked Uefa several times to implement new drug-testing procedures. "When you have a doping control at Uefa, they do not take blood, they take only urine," the 63-year-old said. "I have asked many times [at Uefa meetings] in Geneva [for that to be changed]."

The World Anti-Doping Agency's president has also accused football of not doing enough to stop doping. Talking about the blood-boosting drug involved in the case of disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong, John Fahey, said: "I simply say this about football - they are not testing enough for EPO. They can do more and we encourage them to do more."

Previously, blood testing has only taken place at European Championships.

The extent of the use of performance-enhancing drugs in football was hinted at in the Operation Puerto case in Spain. While that investigation, which led to Eufemiano Fuentes being found guilty of running one of the world's largest sports doping rings, centred around cyclists, the Spanish doctor has boasted of a client list that extended into a number of other disciplines. It may never be known if that was the case, as the blood bags used to convict Fuentes have been ordered to be destroyed, a ruling Spain's anti-doping agency (AEA) plans to appeal.

Can't believe they are going to let people get away with having doped if an old test sample tests positive. Retroactive bans are a big part of deterring people from substance that don't yet have tests for them. Football's anti-doping regieme has long been a total joke especially when you have a doping doctor bragging that he had to turn down a serie A club because he had so much work in la liga and the response is to destroy the evidence (gently caress spain!).

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

euroboy posted:

I know players who play amateur football in the fourth and fifth tiers of the regional football leagues in norway that regularly receives messages from mystery profiles on facebook and twitter promising them money to lose matches, concede a lot of goals, get sent off etc. It's unbelievable that it's even possible to bet on matches from these leagues.

Yeah I don't get how that's possible. Surely the gambling companies are sensible enough to realise that if more then £100 gets placed on a match like that it's dodgy as gently caress and they should suspend betting.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Spot fixing is almost certainly happening in the premier league most weeks. Even high paid stars are going to be take part when it's basically no risk to get a yellow or concede a free kick at a certain point in the match.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

If she wasn't in blackface she would just be a nun, and then religious nutjobs would be angry at her instead. Case of pick your poison really.

They aren't even remotely similar, this post is insane.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Would you say David James's financial situation is a calamity?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I've just discovered a documentary on this subject i've been meaning to watch is now on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okFEZCgE5ag

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

The Irishman without rules has a nice ring to it.

Good tag line for a B-movie

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Has gyan been seen in france recently?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

In my day you could post pictures of a girl getting roasted and your boss would email you to thank you about it.

What are these forums coming too?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Pat Mustard posted:

David James in bad-at-saving shocker.

lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bland posted:

I'm sure he's guilty anyway though. The dirty evil nonce bastard.

What if they were in love?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

pointsofdata posted:

HCM is a real thing too and is common even in athletes who don't dope. I think its the most common reason for non accidental death in atheletes, but those stats might be fudged by dopers getting passed off as people with hcm

Yeah except footballers aren't nearly fit enough for that to be the issue

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

For all the poo poo cycling gets the biggest doping doctor of the 00's had to turn down work because he was so busy with football teams and a certain tennis player.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Saudi Arabian FA calls for international refs to officiate this derby because its so over the top. Scottish FA send a team who proceed to give out 8 yellow cards and 3 red cards in the match, one of which results in the player girly butting the ref.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr0ErURtvos

The refs from Motherwell mate. You need to do better than that to even make him flinch.

Lmao the lads clearly used to his servants cowering in front of him.

Death to the middle east and all who reside in her

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

don't be daft it was a shoulder charge, he didn't mean to kill the kid.

the prosecution calls our first expert witness, Sir Alex Ferguson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkuBvL0rCSA

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Byolante posted:

you are right, an idiot diving through the air at a stationary player is the one doing the sensible thing.

Lmao you are outré level insane

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

sassassin posted:

Some Swansea players out for a few drinks last night.

Just because they play for your team that is no excuse for what they did to you

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

The number of boats coming across the bristol channel is starting to get out of hand, the navy need to start doing something

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/10/arsene-wenger-football-doping-arsenal

Wenger again says that football also has a doping problem. Arsenal are the only clean team. Moral champions 1996-current

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

So apparently the mauritanian president got bored during a 1-1 game and in the 63rd minute ordered some penos

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/01/mauritania-president-super-cup-orders-penalties-63rd-minute

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

wrong thread

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

What sort of name is chedwyn?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Monkey Dust got footballers so right

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Just put him down already

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

100% record, englands greatest ever manager

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm not really getting what Jimmy was supposed to have done.

yeah 50 grand to go speak in the far east and he'll sign player if theyre good?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

julian assflange posted:

I thought this as well but then I know gently caress all about the case besides that

She went to the hotel willingly with the friend although while drunk. Ched turned up later and went into the room to have sex with her then left via a fire escape which is why the friend didn't get convicted

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Wrong thread

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 11, 2016

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

There's a forums poster on that list

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

lmao

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

lmao

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

WADA infusions over 50ml without a TUE are considered doping violation and the drip whores do litre bags of fluid + vitamins

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Soulex posted:

I mean is it the process of getting the IV to begin with or just any type of intravenous infusion? I really don't give a gently caress but for them to be like "oh yeah, you have to ask us to get a saline drip." Would be pretty bullshit level of "this is where we have to go because people are goddamn pedantic and will say we never told them they couldn't do drugs on their own."

Also 50ml is super loving small. The drip chamber is that.

Any type of IV infusion, you don't have to ask WADA directly but a doctor needs to file a TUE with them.

50ml is not that small. Most medications if needed to be given can be diluted in 10-20 ml if needed.

A drip chamber is about 3 ml not 50 and there's generally only 1ml in there in normal use with 4ml deadspace in the line.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

You don't need an IV for normal recovery, there's an increasing body of evidence in medicine that IV fluids are harmful if given inappropriately.

The reason they are so up tight about IV meds is it becomes a slippery slope. Once you are shooting up whatever bullshit vitamin concoction your quack doctor has come up with every day it's much easier to slip into full on doping. It also makes it much easier to police because vast quantities of IV equipment at your team camp us now much more suspicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ninpo posted:

For the unenlightened, what is a TUE aside from the day before we piss on Wazza?

Sorry it's therapeutic use exemption so you have a doctors note for why you're using something that's otherwise banned.