Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I once watched a game where Nile Ranger scored a goal and now I realise I was part of an immutable moment of football history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He was quite apologetic about it on Twitter

Mar 3
@bendtnerb52
dear friends i was booked for a mild case of drinkdriving last night it was a quite nite but i am very very sorry to all my friends and fans

‏@bendtnerb52
it is not ok to drink and drive. I take full responsibility

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

Uhh, they sacked the guilty party.
Who is it?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the health facilities at a club (i.e. how rich they are). You hardly see these cases at top clubs. I don't think it innately has something to do with the way the sport is played, which is at least a good thing compared to brain-mushing American football.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

"Woah, woah, woah. I love God and all but I've boned at least one girl in my life. Don't get me wrong, now."

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Danish player's wife cheated on him with his captain but it's he who leaves the club

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/23/jonas-borring-leaves-randers-team-mate-christian-keller-affair-wife

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They're all running that as the headline but under Spanish law you don't serve if it's below two years.

This is pretty bullshit imo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Where's the video

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's a dog eat dog world

No glory in football

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Doesn't Allardyce just get a buttwad of cash if he gets sacked? And some lovely club will hire him within a year, anyway. He wins either way.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Third-party ownership gave us Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham, I say we welcome it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

National team job should just be a part-time gig for a real manager. No reason why they need somebody working year round

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

They probably won't in 6 months time, the telegraph has been slashing it's sports budget massively and the only reason these guys were spared in the last round of cuts was that they were already working on this big story.

The future for sports journalism is reworded copy from marketing departments and ghostwritten expert opinions. There's no money in serious investigative sports journalism now.
Good. Sports journalism isn't even real journalism

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Who ever knew assistant managers were dirty too

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

he may just hate the woman and doesn't want to pay her a dime. not saying thats ok but it's one explanation for escaping from a stadium in an ambulance

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Without reading any facts about the case I'm sure he did the rape it's just very hard to convict for it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mean Bean Machine posted:

The court of public opinion is once again successful at glorifying hearsay and robbing a hard-working young man of precious years of his life and of a thriving footballing career. Shameful how this whole process was conducted. The UK should take a long hard look at itself after this.
Agreed. Rooney deserves better

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Not sure imagining rape is the best direction for this thread to go

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Very nice, I love friendly fire

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

will be justice if Arsenal, for all the vicious rumors about Arsene being paedo, is one of the only few clubs to emerge unscathed from this

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

baseball bat like a traction engine

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

how do you unintentionally drink?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Dogshit either has the worst agent ever or he's himself a total idiot. Think it might be both.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

And they say football is dead

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think it's an indirect free kick from the point of offense. May be wrong, but think it's happened before.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ronaldo doesn't have the same autism defense as Messi, no way he's getting out of this one

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Real talk, a needle seems like precisely the sort of thing so messed up it'd really throw off a player

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Tax evasion is bad and if football wasn't such a temple of irrationality the legacies of these fraudsters would be ruined

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

idgi what did he do, if he's the dude who got pushed over it doesn't seem like a big thing

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Tsaedje posted:

MOTDs knew
this forum's on fire

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

We expect players to train so hard that many suffer lifelong injuries. Why shouldn't they also take drugs so they can kick a ball harder

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How the hell would you find an "independent" doctor and keep them that way

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just rumors right now

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Heck I admire him, he turned down contract extensions at Zenit and Shanghai to race cars.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Other chicks will get their story into tabloids and poo poo, prostitutes presumably are less likely to do so

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's supposedly a pretty old video, pre-tats

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why have you been to Albania, what occasions a man to do so

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't get it are we unironically booing a ban for cocaine use

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If it was weed ok id be mildly sympathetic. But cocaine seems pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

His agent ghostwrote the poo poo out of that plus that open letter to Martin Keown, but that's a real good agent