Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

sebzilla posted:

Went into training the next day and crocked one of his players for a couple of months too.

Not the best pre-season for old Wazza

Which is even more of a problem when you have 9 players and 2 of them are goalkeepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, don't go looking but just assume it's pretty loving bad.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

PST posted:

Raith Rovers (currently 4th in the Scottish Championship) decided to hire a known rapist, David Goodwillie, for 'footballing reasons' over the objection of directors of the club.

Notably, while their board statement has a piece about rehabilitation, at no point has he acknowledged or apologised for what he did.

This has led to multiple resignations of staff, and sponsors withdrawing their support.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/six-longterm-raith-rovers-staff-26110607

If there is a worst part of this, it's the casual reference in their statement to "what happened ten years ago". Like he dropped a bag of chips in the staff canteen and didn't clear it up properly rather than you know, raped a woman.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Chas McGill posted:

Rape Rovers

A guy called "Good Willy" playing for "Rape Rovers".

Like this couldn't be more perfect apart from you know, the fact that they hired a literal rapist and their women's team and half the board left.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

So now they don't get their rapey striker but they ALSO don't get their sponsor or women's team.

At that point they might as well have owned it for all the good this will do for them.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I assume, with how easily they untangled themselves, that they were already a separate corporate entity from Raith Rovers so this is just a name change of an existing club so they stay where they are.

(Is that common, does anyone know? I know West Ham's woman's team is very much owned by the club, to the point that David Sullivan's idiot failson was in charge of them for ages)

Even if not can you imagine the league insisting on them being effectively relegated many times because they didn't want a rapist as a colleague?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The London police would seem to be a good backup option.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Hakim Ziyech is Chelsea's only 29 year old 1st team player.

Just in case that becomes useful information to anyone at any point.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah and if footballers were paid less all that happens to that money is it goes into the pockets of eg, the Glazers.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Eric Cantonese posted:

I don’t feel like Googling this. What’s the current situation with Gylfi Sigurdsson?

Nothing's happened but he was quietly let go from Everton a couple of weeks ago and the reporting was a masterpiece of "Has not played since" without ever saying anything.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

IIRC it was never actually published that it was him, but just a man of the same age was arrested and then Everton suspended him so it was pretty obvious who it was

Yeah, they did their usual drip feed of info that got us to there only being 2 possibilities, him an Delph. (I think)

And given Delph was walking around being all not arrested and playing football and stuff it was fairly obvious.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Hopefully.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That's actually his defence?

Like cross examination question 1 : "So how many women did you play professional football against Mr Giggs?"

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

He's unlucky it wasn't a VAR park.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The problem is you just want to throw another one in the bin an hour later.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sign him up Arteta.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Which is between 1 and 2 (years in prison)

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

the sex ghost posted:

Is this one of those Spanish court verdicts that generate headlines like 'messi to face LIFE IN JAIL for tax fraud or pay a small fine'

It's not a verdict, it's just not granting him bail.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's worked before. Bernie Ecclestone managed exactly that in an F1 corruption case.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I think you can hang around wanted crime families if they own the team you're managing.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

vyelkin posted:

Not a big fan of the anonymous 29-year old footballer from North London

Maybe a certain North London club will consider not playing him now.

Lol.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

trem_two posted:

akshully that club sent one of their physios to Ghana with that unnamed player to help ensure he stays healthy over the international break

https://twitter.com/Ghanasoccernet/status/1638244104030023695

For legal reasons I must point out this picture is unrelated and does not mean to imply Thomas "The Rapist" Partey needs a chaperone to make sure he doesn't accidentally do a rape while out of the country.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's a fix, nowhere are chainsaws specifically listed as banned items.

It's not like he had anything dangerous like a bottle cap.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

"If it's in the game, it's in the game" my arse.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I like his last few tweets consists entirely of saying he will not be ruled by any government.

Then praising a government scheme to help footballers.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sign him up Arteta.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If Arsenal fans proved they didn't give a poo poo, neither will Utd fans the first time he scores.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I miss when the worst thing we had was Gavin Peacock telling women to stay in the kitchen.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Presumably the plan is to hope everyone forgets.

Any word how much of his wages they're paying to pretend they're not still employing him?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That's what I assumed.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Strange behaviour for such a new club.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Akbar posted:

what would he even get in trouble for? what rule did he break?

I think he called him a real Thomas Partey and the complain is the implication Greenwood would ever play for Arsenal.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

please tell me this is the UK equivalent of sovereign citizens

To add to everyone else, virtually none of Magna Carta (and btw, it's never "the" magna carta) remains in law.

For instance, our version of property taxes would be illegal if article 61 was in law. It, obviously is not. It wasn't even in the final version of Magna Carta.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ilmucche posted:

Are they not even allowed to say what stadium or city? Even the player from north london was identified as north london

North London? You mean the adopted birthplace of noted good football Thomas "The rapist" Partey among many, many other footballers I for some reason didn't just mention?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

We know it's not Chelsea, there's no way they'd have 2 19 year olds and not lend them out to a random shithole like Galatasary, Heerenveen or worse, Newcastle.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ilmucche posted:

So they can't say which club suspended their two players, but can sports pages report that x club have suspended two players for unknown reasons?

Also it's going to be pretty obvious, like that time an Everton player aged 31 was arrested and they only had 2 and one of them played the next game and Gylfi Sigurosson didn't play for them again for some unknown reason.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Create an infinite feedback loop by buying it and making it a redirect to his wikipedia page.

EDIT : Someone literally already did.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 3, 2024

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Transfermarkt says he's 6ft.

It also says he's been playing for his current club "Career Break" since 2017.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I should probably let them know I retired from International Football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

greazeball posted:

In lighter news (somewhat), Joey Barton is going to get reamed in court and probably lose all his money, so that's something.

‘Bankruptcy awaits’ Joey Barton as libel cases filed

A reminder at this point that while a lawyer will take on any case if they're going to get paid, actual qualified lawyer Eni Alunko probably wouldn't start one she didn't expect to win.

Then again she's also a Tory so it'll be funny either way.