Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Note that Mutu was suspended last year while playing for Fiorentina for failing a drug test. Initially it was a year but it was reduced to six months. After that was over he was banned from the Romanian national team for drinking (I think) and then suspended by Fiorentina for not showing up to January training.

They eventually let him play again after a month or so (they needed a striker!) but ended up letting him go to Cesena for a paltry sum or for free, Im not sure. Rest assured he's not done loving up his life yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lot 49 posted:

Mutu doesn't just fail drug tests. He also beat up a waiter while he was at Fiorentina because he didn't fancy paying the bill.

Haha, poo poo I forgot about that. What a psycho.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

We've been talking about this in the Serie A thread, here's the goal that Masiello admitted to scoring on purpose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMd6yaJ27tg

Once you know he's doing it intentionally it becomes really obvious.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sircozzie posted:

Man that stadium is empty...

I take it it's the defender who admitted to doing gently caress all to stop that going in, right?

Bari were already relegated and it was at the end of the season; neither team had anything play for. Except for money anyway!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mickolution posted:

Wasn't it built for the 1990 World Cup when they never had a chance of getting a crowd on a regular basis?

Pretty much, although there are plenty of people in Bari! It's a nice stadium other than the track, shame it's never full.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mickolution posted:

Were they out of the top flight for a while? I remember reading a bit about it when Ireland played there a couple of years ago. I remember the tickets for that game were really cheap and there were loads of away fans. There were companies doing trips to the game for around €120 or something.

They are right now and were for a long while before their most recent stint in Serie A.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This is in Italian, but apparently Ronaldinho showed up hungover as hell to practice, hiding behind his body guards and asking to play separately because of "muscle aches". Flamengo's manager said in a press conference that he's "sick" of Ronaldinho already, despite him being the captain.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I couldn't find this in English, but lol

Quaresma arrested for assaulting a police officer.

Apprently Quaresma was going to a court in Lisbon to testify at a theft trial where he was the plaintiff. While in the courthouse he was told that a woman had just robbed his mother of her watch, and he ran out of the courtroom to chase the person down. A police officer saw him and rather than calming down and explaining things, he just attempted to beat up the police officer and continue his chase.

Quaresma is Quaresma, I guess.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

"Aggravated Pimping" is a hilarious term.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bendtner arrested for driving drunk in Copenhagen when the cops caught him driving in the wrong direction.

http://www.football-italia.net/31428/bendtner-arrested-dui

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Danish FA has suspended Bendtner until September: http://www.football-italia.net/31477/bendtner-banned-denmark

Not that that's a very harsh punishment considering he's out injured for the rest of the season at least.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

So Mauro Zarate has been frozen out of the Lazio squad for almost the whole season. Now that Klose is out injured, Kozak can only score in the Europa League and Floccari ran out of goals, it seems like a good time to give him a shot. Unfortunately, Zarate informed the club that he wouldn't be able to go to training this week as he had some medical issues and he provided a note from his doctors.

Unfortunately for him, a Lazio fan vacationing in Maldives spotted him there and promptly called a Rome radio station and told them everything he saw. The club isn't sure who to believe but he's supposed to be back in training today (Thursday) so I guess the truth will have to come out.

If it's true I kind of feel bad for him. He may be a whiny little poo poo but he's still a decent player and he's stuck with a team and management that hates him. I'd wanna go on vacation too.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

I'm still surprised clubs let footballers buy supercars and poo poo. Some players have it written in their contracts that they can't ride motorbikes because of the risk of injury but it's cool to zip around in a ferrari at 100mph. If I were in charge of a football club I'd order a fleet of Volvos in the club colours for the players to get around in. Safe, economical and practical.

Juve have those horrible Jeeps that they all drive. I mean they all have their other monster rides too, but it's rare to see them in those.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The poo man has struck again as Napoli's locker room has been hosed up, with someone leaving a poo on the floor.

When will the madness stop?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I think it was Zeman that gave an interview a few months ago talking about how ridiculously rampant doping in Serie A was (and is). Apparently it goes all the way back to Inter in the 60's.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I wonder how many roids it would take to make Pato functional.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tbp posted:

I liked how Zlatan said they all got drunk on the bus back from Juventus matches

It's good to know that what you do on your high school team carries over to professional sports.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Olewithmilk posted:

Leon Knight went to London to battle a Twitter troll:

https://twitter.com/leonknight1982

reminder that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Qv_p0ILWc

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

pdog posted:

Not footballers technically, but:

Standard Chelsea fans

Hm this must mean that all English fans are like this, better ban the whole lot.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Imagine the level he has to be at for an Italian Man to be calling him a womaniser.

I cant stop laughing.

It must rule to hang out with him

For what it's worth, he's a huge fan favorite and Palermo supporters love him. The author of popular Italian comic Dylan Dog even drew him in to a published comic book. Zamparini is a known insane man so it's quite possible he's lying just to get rid of him, but it's equally possible that he's telling the truth. Either way I was really excited to see him in Serie A next year so this is disappointing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Total Meatlove posted:

This is Kyle Lafferty still right?

Yes! It was Serie B though, lets not get carried away. I was more interested in seeing him for commentators screaming "Lahf-ehr-teeeee!!" and the novelty of a gangly brit in the league than for his footballing talents.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Here's a bizarre tribute video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1b4at4_kyle-lafferty-il-dylan-dog-del-palermo-hd-720p_sport

You can see the quality of defenders he was facing, also his celebrations are pretty funny

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Taff posted:

Now I'm wondering how often Jozy would score in Italy (on and off the pitch)

He'd get a few in Serie B for sure. He'd probably score on Milan in Serie A which would be great because then I could kill myself.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robinho has been accused of sexually assaulting an 18 year old

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-in-Milan.html

A judge threw it out earlier but it looks like the prosecution is still trying.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Charlotte Hornets posted:

What's out of court settlements like in Italy?

brown envelope in a nice restaurant

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bovril Delight posted:

Is the humble thing still bannable

Not as of right now but post it some more, maybe it will be.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Pat Mustard posted:

David James in bad-at-saving shocker.

:golfclap:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

dex_sda posted:

All I want to know is how does a drunk dude picking up a drunk bird end up being a gangrape with two people watching from behind the window

Lad culture

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32217880

Is there anything more shameful than going to Harrods? Apparently there is.

This is what happens when you live in Liverpool, Napoli, Palermo and Sunderland over the course of a few years.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The actual comment is funnier. The guy who said it is the president of Serie D, the top amateur league in Italy. It was during an official meeting of all the leagues and someone brought up budgeting for women's football to which he responded that the leagues needed to "stop wasting money on those four lesbians".

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

I think we need to file this to soulex_autocorrect.txt

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Masonity posted:

You'll get to watch too? Is it bring your child to work day?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I can only find this in Italian but apparently Pablo Armero was found with two prostitutes in his house by his wife. who proceeded to beat him with a bat

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/13-10-2015/armero-preso-bastonate-moglie-sorpreso-casa-due-prostitute-130484547051.shtml (Italian)

The neighbors heard a bunch of yelling and screaming so they called the police.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

More like 39

fuckin hell

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

dex_sda posted:

as a manager, I wouldn't put him there already. I mean it's one thing to be disliked in the locker room, other players can just ignore you and go about their work. But it's another to be a person unworthy of trust. Imo

I wouldn't put him in there because he's poo poo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

phwoar push that out, what a son

Lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Paddyb posted:

Tek a poo, son

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Weaponized Cum posted:

happy international women's day to you too

Hahaha

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Pat Mustard posted:

That'll probably describe how Johnson will feel after meeting his cellmate.

Rack em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'm unironically glad the Cellino family is trolling additional nations and leagues. What a treasure.