Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
POP FACT: Robin Friday was the inspiration behind Super Furry Animals hit 'The Man Don't Give A gently caress', which for years held the record for most swears in a single until it was pipped by 'gently caress The World' by Insane Clown Posse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15636061

Graham Stack, the man who compiled a DVD of his competitor in goal loving up in a pre-season friendly to try and win back his place in the side months later. His competitor had had a bad game in said friendly because it was his return from months of cancer treatment.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Rankine Over Gash posted:

Pretty much going to need more info, possibly a citation, for this Barker.

I haven't got a citation beyond some of the better posters on PASOTI but we signed him to replace McCormick/challenge Larrieu, he started the season as our number one, and was playing incredibly well. Then he got dropped suddenly, for having a tantrum after a defeat and calling the club and players 'small time' etc in the dressing room.

but none of us could understand why a couple of months on from that he was still dropped, training with the reserves, looking to be farmed out on loan etc, and all the ITKs on the forum were talking about him with more disgust than Luke McCormick who literally killed two children. Eventually the story came out that he'd compile the DVD of Larrieu making mistakes - and you have to understand that Larrieu was even then our longest serving player, club legend, 'off-field' captain etc.

Stack was a man who got man of the match in over half the first team games he played for us, yet everybody was glad to see the back of the oval office

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Weaponized Cum posted:

Don't you loving talk about God and His Children like that again

Pulis owns but his kid is honestly not worth defending mate

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Scott Bakula posted:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/13/andrew-hall-footballer-charged-with-murder

An 18 year old Stoke player has been charged with murdering a 15 year old girl

not that kind of player imo

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Bovril Delight posted:

An unnamed teenager punched a referee, ultimately killing him, after being shown a yellow card. He's currently facing aggravated assault charges which are likely to be upgraded now that the victim has died. 46 year old referee in a recreational league in Salt Lake City.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/05/soccer-referee-dies-punched-teenage-goalkeeper

no place for that in the modern game

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Edmundo was loving incredible and if he'd ever demonstrated any ability at all to get on with teammates or coaches, would be seen as one of the greats.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

The Clit Avoider posted:

I know it wasn't a comparison, but jesus, Edmundo being mentioned near Nile Ranger is hilarious in its own way. He was pretty great at Fiorentina despite having problems galore at home, right up until he did the good old Brazilian "gently caress off for the carnival and go missing" routine one time too many. Napoli still took the risk on him later.

Will never forget him and Romario tearing Fergie's "too good for the FA Cup" United side a new one at the World Club Championships that United were "sure" to add to their trophy cabinet.

http://youtu.be/ujd7a7GWCSM?t=48m what a loving goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Shrapnac posted:

Elvis Costello just killed himself so he could roll over in his grave re. your comment.

Leon Knight is quoted as being "on the way to tramp the dirt down"