Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tbp posted:

He's a Rastafarian, they don't touch pork. It's blatant bigotry and the shocking lack of an acceptable response from Stoke is sickening to say the least.
Uhh, they sacked the guilty party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Who is it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22614097

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blue Screen Error posted:

Nice one lads I've now got three (3) pins connected by strings on my conspiracy wall, they are making a sort of triangle shape, possibly Barca involvement?

I will get to the bottom of this.
For your wall:
I went to school with journeyman midfielder Steven Davis. In year 12 (2001) someone did a massive poo poo in the boys' locker room.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Taking Pardew's pre-game instructions too literally

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That's a bit of a dihydrogen monoxide-type story. Nitrous oxide is basically harmless afaik

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ninpo posted:

Not when you're recreationally huffing it, it's not. It's also used as a general anaesthetic, which dentists won't do anymore due to the risks involved.
uh it's still used in dentistry. Also in midwifery and yet no-one is howling won't someone please think of the children?!

And maybe it can be dangerous if used with reckless abandon, but that doesn't really differentiate it from other things footballers use in their spare time, such as alcohol and prostitutes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

monkeytennis posted:

Marlon King got 18 months today...

http://bbc.in/1nOeyRa
He's a colossal piece of poo poo. Is there a more unlikable footballer out there?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I had written a whole thing about him not being as bad because he did one really awful thing and served his time but deleted it because gently caress him, he's awful

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Private Eye posted:

I'll never forget when he celebrated that time by pretending to drive a car to goad the away fans.
Jesus what the actual gently caress

I really thought he had kept his nose clean after the jail spell, loving hell what a turd of a human being

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Paperhouse posted:

How do you go from owning seven properties to being bankrupt, I literally fundamentally don't understand
I'm guessing he "owned" them in the sense that all mortgage payers do. Then when his footballing earnings dried up whatever rent he was getting failed to cover the interest payments and, along with other debts such as his alimony, he got dragged under. It's happened pretty much constantly over the last 6 years with people who bought up property they couldn't afford.

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 19, 2014

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sassassin posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-30049356
Except this isn't actually strictly true. He can't be a doctor or a teacher any more.
That's because a doctor or teacher has a duty of care in their profession, making a sex offender unsuitable for the role. A footballer doesn't have the same duty of care. He should be free to seek work and football clubs should just exercise their right to not hire a literal rapist to play for their team.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Clubs should be allowed to decide whether they should hire him, but players are the public face of a football club and that is not a suitable position for a convicted rapist IMO.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

To be fair Clegg is the MP for Sheffield Hallem so it is very much within his remit to comment on a big news story about the city.

Ninpo posted:

He's also contributed to the misery of more individuals than Ched Evans has so he can gently caress off.
lol

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 15, 2014

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Popehoist posted:

Ched Evans has the right to be employed in his profession and any football club has the right to refuse him a job b/c of his lovely history, is basically what I feel.
Same, and also I would personally be annoyed if my club signed him

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Was the story she tried to sell "I was raped by a footballer" because I don't see how that helps his case at all tbh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jose posted:

Where have they said this? I've not seen it reported anywhere
It was widely reported across the dozens of MRA forums that serious gaylord frequents

blue footed boobie posted:

They're investigating a serious miscarriage of justice http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ce-9804380.html
lol so it's not so much that the cps are saying there had been one, more that ched evans has said there has been one and they are carrying out their duty to investigate

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Investigating was the wrong word. They are processing his application. It has been fast tracked for some reason not disclosed.

A watchdog processing an application is a far cry from the CPS saying there was a serious miscarriage of justice, in any case

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Are you taking notes?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh it was just a dumb joke about the old "nice meltdown Ninpo" meme

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Breath Ray posted:

Philippe Albert
:agreed:

:agreed:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

can tell without clicking that that's a barney ronay article

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lol what a drug dealer car to have. Footballers are scum

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol I drive one. Haven't run anyone down in one. Yet.
Thanks for advertising your scumbag status so society doesn't have to talk to you to find out

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i love when tabloids are like "this guy did a dumb thing and is receiving death threats, here's an article fanning the flames and also giving his full name, age and location"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

most of them probably

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ultrabindu posted:

Goodbye Adam Johnson you were an over hyped mediocre footballer until you decided to be a nonce.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/10/footballer-adam-johnson-pleads-guilty-to-sexual-activity-with-15-year-old-girl

(When did they start calling statutory rape the more euphemistic "sexual activity with a child"?)
i think that statutory rape has always been the general term for it rather than the specific offence you get charged with

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jyrka posted:

If anyone wants to follow the Johnson case live, this fella is tweeting about it right now: https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday

Some of it is quite disturbing, some very funny.

https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday/status/698129575138738177
lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Soulex posted:

Grooming would imply gifts and stuff. Did she ever get her signed shirt?
No it doesn't and yes she did

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that is a cool and good baby

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Paddyb posted:

Tek a poo, son
lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bea Nanner posted:

his grooming habits are sickening

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That loving picture a hahahahhahahaha

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cheltenham organisers "shocked" that footballers can't act like civilised humans for an afternoon, lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sassassin posted:

The sentence does seem extreme compared to that teacher that was done for noncing his students the other day who got a year of community service or something.
You look at those two sentences and you think Johnson's is the one that seems off?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/23/burnley-andre-gray-four-match-ban-twitter

Should really be a statute of limitation on tweeting dumb poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mickolution posted:

Him being a player doesn't make this more or less likely, though. It's a stupid rule.
Yes it does you div, he's 42069% more likely to know a bunch of players in a given match than some rando

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What do you think the overlap is in the sets of footballers, people who gamble, and people smart enough to cover their rear end?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

not one pic of the aunt smh, leveson has a lot to answer for

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

monkeytennis posted:

I dunno, I mean if she was already shagging Clayton and had been okay to consent to that, then unless she continued drinking whilst shagging him, why would she be any less able to consent to SuperChed?

Unless she's already agreed to let Clayton get balls deep earlier on I suppose.
have you never drank alcohol before or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Meat Wagon posted:

Dream Team was too daft and unrealistic. Much preferred the Hurricanes, far more realistic.
God loving drat that show owned