Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
This is pure speculation on my part, but maybe Monkey D Dragon? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I don't have issues with this, because I just skip the dumb parts. :shrug:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
He picked a fight over candy on fishman island IIRC.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

My hero :swoon:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
This should could really use a bit more sogeking. His theme songs were probably the best thing.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You're both wrong, this is the best version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAYRCfbEfI

Even if only because of the hato/haato pun.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

EmmyOk posted:

Trébol must be a logia because no way will that have killed him

On the other hand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNwTrSBL_QU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm actually fine with just having one real episode per month. In fact, they should probably just do that. Air repeats 3 weeks, new episode 4th week or something. Or make it one of those 12 minute shows, but keep the 4 minute OP. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kingnothing posted:

I have to assume that he's logia type and his body is made of string.

Doesn't this sound more like paramecia type? Like, Luffy's made of rubber, so you can't squish him, Doffy's made of string so he can just sew himself back together? Also, what's Buggy anyway? He can split like mad, but he doesn't look like a logia type..

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
TBH, just watch the sub, before you're done with all the 7 billion episodes you'll be fluent anyway.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Petiso posted:

Honestly the way I see it, they just sold the end of an arc as "the end of the series" to grab everyone's attention and then just continued the series after the usual timeskip.

Wait, there was another timeskip and they're just going on now?

Not that I haven't expected this but....

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
At least it's not a sequel? That could be good all things considered. I catch up on naruto once or twice per year (if there's any new non-filler episodes, anyway), and still find it fairly okay, if over the top lately.

Then again, OP is over the top as gently caress and it's one of my favourite things. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow0 posted:

Has an explosion ever killed a single person in anime ever?

Nosebleed explosions. Not quite dead, but very near.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Rewatching OP is great because you can set the pacing to your own preference by simply skipping staring and recaps.

Watching it as it airs is terrible.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
As someone who followed OP for almost 10 years, I can say I'm very glad that one pace now exists.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Andrew_1985 posted:

So what's everyone's favourite intros? Top 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FJlbPqka3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQUzBAgrXVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1z318uI_0k

(I'm sorry)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Should be "Trafo" :3:

I don't read subs though, they've been sucking pretty bad so often I stopped

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i still watch the anime, but i watch in arc sized chunks

one pace still owns

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The saddest trombone plays in the background.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
My favourite OP episodes are definitely still from 1 and up 150 or so. There are many later things I really liked too, but those are the best IMO.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the way to honour her mother's memory would be to kill the monsters imo, but i'm not gonna kinkshame

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Zark the Damned posted:

Yes I know that Doflamingo was a psychotic shitbag but he still got tortured and had his parents murdered in front of him so it counts.

Him being a total shitbag from the very start probably contributed to bad things happening to him in the first place so no, it doesn't count IMO.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tir McDohl posted:

That trailer looks amazing. Once again getting my hopes up for this mostly mediocre adaptation of a great manga.

I stand by my recommendation of just waiting for one pace episodes. I don't read the manga at all and it's still great.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Centzon Totochtin posted:

cool though looking at it closer, Crunchyroll had HD versions (remasters? upconverts?) of the first few seasons so i'll probably check the both out

they're upscaled crops, op: https://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-900459/one-piece-special-edition-hd-announcement

HD versions of the first 5(?) seasons do not exist, they're from an era where TV anime production just went all digital, but they didn't really think ahead about resolution, so there's no source of higher resolution episodes. Watch the 4:3 ones if you can, the crops are mostly fine but there's some scenes where it's quite clumsy.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
skypia has a bit of good content in it, spread over like 100 episodes for seemingly no reason, which seems to have been a template for things going forward.

the fact that it comes straight after the best 150 episodes of one piece doesn't help either :v: water 7 and enies lobby are pretty good tho, which makes skypia even worse in hindsight.

at this point i'll reiterate that i'm super glad one pace exists.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

I like the second ED a lot more than the first one
this is just plain wrong :v:

speaking of first ED, does the version from episode 130 exist anywhere?

Truga fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Dec 16, 2019

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
IMO the first 150 or so eps are mostly pace fine, but if you're in a hurry one pace seemed fine to me. it also skips some fillers

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
is the wano arc over yet? last time i was watching i stopped when luffy landed there, i usually pick it back up when an arc finishes lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i stopped watching when luffy hit the shores of wano is the arc done now?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Julias posted:

Nope, give it another 4-5 months or so.

thanks, i'll watch it then

i binged the whole cake island and it was great, but watching it in real time is too much for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
watched the first half of wano by watching one pace last week and it was amazing. the wano kuni intro is so good. i still remember the sea going from normal anime style to classic japanese style however many years ago but i stopped on that episode since i watch by arcs, and then the next ep opens with 2 minutes of shamisen shredding and the entire art style subtly changes. it's such a great intro

unfortunately, one pace is only up to the oden backstory so i binged the rest this week raw, by which i mean, i probably scrolled over 60% of the show runtime. for the next arc i'll just wait for one pace to catch up because jumping around gets tiring if you don't want to miss poo poo

tl;dr one pace great, non-cut anime somehow has even worse pacing than i remembered, but when it's good it's probably the best of one piece so far