Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Idiot race posted:

This is one for someone who has the game, but you dont always start at the back of the grid do you? I dont mind fighting my way to the front but sometimes its a pain when you only have 2 laps or so.

If it's like the previous games you'll move to the front of the grid as you progress, or as you mod your cars. In career the highest PI car is at the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Z3n posted:

Id love to have some guys to compete with on my friends list...GT: Z3n85
Aw poo poo. Dunno if you remember me from early on in the track days/race CA thread (SV650 at the time). 2-wheeler's Forza club?

Added those who've posted their gamertags so far.

GT: Turb0snail I will race anything, just need the drat game to come out!

T-Square fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 7, 2011

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good lowness! :D

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Minimaul posted:

If it's like the previous games you'll move to the front of the grid as you progress, or as you mod your cars. In career the highest PI car is at the start.

I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out with AI cars getting modded too. At the least that should fix up the one-make races where just to fill out the field, you have one ringer at S700, a couple As, a B, and a D-classer bringing up the rear.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
Is there a limit to how many players can be in the same car club?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Aussie goons, JB HiFi are doing the Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel plus pedals and shifterfor $699 including delivery

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/xbox-360/fanatec-porsche-911-turbo-s-wheel-includes-clubsport-pedals-and-shifter-set/647481

EDIT: Unavailable at the moment. Hopefully this means they are getting in the FM4 wheels. The other Australian Fanatec importer only has the PS3/PC wheels in stock

You Am I fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 7, 2011

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

drat, some people already got Forza 4.
http://i.imgur.com/OhYf5.jpg
I wish I worked somewhere where it get's an early shipment you can take.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A goon got the collectors edition, last night.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Cannot find server gifted me an LfA because he is awesome, however it shows up in the game as a "missing content ". The ultimate edition pack isn't for download on xbl, so am I pretty much sol?

redhalo
May 19, 2009

AFewBricksShy posted:

Cannot find server gifted me an LfA because he is awesome, however it shows up in the game as a "missing content ". The ultimate edition pack isn't for download on xbl, so am I pretty much sol?

It is presumed so.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AFewBricksShy posted:

There is a sample pack that you can download and it will make the car visible. You will not be able to drive it, but it *might* import over to Forza 4, although I've read conflicting reports as to whether it will or not.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I bought a new Xbox so I can actually play this thing, finally. The only cars I need off the list in the OP are the LF-A and the 69 Camaro SS. Could anyone help me out with those?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Some time after December I am mixing my AI and FI (Forza Insanity) and creating the best CSR setup on the forum. I already have the Recaro seat waiting. Can't wait!

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
(Probably) No one is gonna trade the Camaro SS, it's the rarest unicorn from FM3. I wish I had one, I'd trade my Subie or RX7 for it.

e: ^^^ please say it will have hydraulics

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Q_res posted:

I bought a new Xbox so I can actually play this thing, finally. The only cars I need off the list in the OP are the LF-A and the 69 Camaro SS. Could anyone help me out with those?

I can throw an LF-A your way, but make sure you either have the Ultimate Pack sample or the Stig pack; otherwise, it'll show up as missing content. And as already noted, I really don't know if it'll transfer to Forza 4 if you don't actually have the Stig pack.

With the Camaro, you're very likely SOL. You can't trade Unicorns, and I don't see Turn 10 giving any out anymore.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I don't see the stig pack or ultimate pack on xbl. The only thing I see is a trailer for the ultimate pack. Anyone got a link for either?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I have the Ultimate pack sample... pack. So yeah, if you can toss me an LFA that'd be all kinds of awesome.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

I said come in! posted:

A goon got the collectors edition, last night.

If you mean Captain Flynn that's the press pack. Although you might mean someone else.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Cannot Find Server posted:

I can throw an LF-A

Care to hook another brotha up? I just bought Forza 3 three a week ago to get a head start when Forza 4 ships. Just grinding to lvl 20 so I can have a Veyron.

Actually any of the import cars gifted would be swell. Gamertag is: What Is Nachoz

Got it! Thanks Cubivore!

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 7, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AFewBricksShy posted:

I don't see the stig pack or ultimate pack on xbl. The only thing I see is a trailer for the ultimate pack. Anyone got a link for either?

You have to buy a physical copy of the Ultimate Edition; http://www.amazon.com/Forza-3-Ultimate-Platinum-Xbox-360/dp/B0046CC4R0/ref=dp_ob_title_vg

redhalo
May 19, 2009

I said come in! posted:

You have to buy a physical copy of the Ultimate Edition; http://www.amazon.com/Forza-3-Ultimate-Platinum-Xbox-360/dp/B0046CC4R0/ref=dp_ob_title_vg

But before you do that, realize that the LF-A isn't a unicorn car and can be purchased normaly in F4. If you want to spend monies, it will only cost between $1 and $3 with those ingame credits.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AFewBricksShy posted:

You can't buy either; only download a sample, but that's all you need to get the LF-A in your garage. The only way to get the actual packs is either by winning the Stig Pack (which contains the LF-A, the 550 and some lovely Merc) or buying the game all over again (gently caress THAT).

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I'll take an LF-A if you're still throwing them out there, I have the Stig Pack whatever the gently caress. Seeing as I detail an LF-A on a regular basis, but will probably get yelled at for sitting in it :negative:
GT: Turb0snail

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Hi, all.
I'm broke until November, so I used my Dell credit account to buy the LCE. If it ships next Tuesday there's a good chance I'll have it by Friday (or Saturday at the latest) but that's dependent on Dell and UPS.
I hate UPS.

Coming back from GT5 to this demo has been something! I think FM4 has stepped up the physics, and I'm really starting to cue in on the tire sounds, probably more than I ever have.

I'm adding myself to the sheet in the OP. I'm no great shakes but when I get into it I'm not a total scrub, either. I like my racing clean and shenanigans kept to a minimum, mostly to blow off steam between serious heats.

O, and has been mentioned a lot by other folks; I tend to get to a certain speed class and kinda lose interest. I love the slow stuff, trying to eek out the best lap time by maintaining momentum, taking the perfect line, driving the car right on the edge. The most fun is up there in the A-class area where the cars are tight and you can get away with a little squirelly-ness. Once you get up to the R3 and above, since I still hold myself to the "no assists" standard, I tend to have too much trouble gaining 1st and that's when I usually lose interest. It happened in FM3, and also in GT5 (go to Extreme and was like, meh.)

So please add me as a friend and I'll see you in Rivals mode until Dell ships me the LCE.

Gamertag is "Captain Howdy 0" (that's a zero at the end)

P.S. - I bought the XBox360S with Kinect for this. Still using the old MS WW, so, no clutch. I hope the head-tracking works better than I am reading, or that it can be improved.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
God, I wish I had $600 in disposable income for Forza 4 and a full Fanatec setup. I just can't spend that much on fake cars (even though I really loving want to) then walk into the garage and see my E30 glaring at me. It would probably break out of spite.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

T-Square posted:

Aw poo poo. Dunno if you remember me from early on in the track days/race CA thread (SV650 at the time). 2-wheeler's Forza club?

Added those who've posted their gamertags so far.

GT: Turb0snail I will race anything, just need the drat game to come out!

Hell yeah! gently caress I just got irritated as poo poo chasing you pagani ghost, gonna try to break into the top 1000 with the Ferrari in rivals. :3:

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Anybody else kind of mediocre want to Rival up with me? 1.50 / 1.50.520 / 1.29.303 on the demo rival races, all clean. GT is besny

edit
Randombraking at the bottom of the ferrari rivals hill is PISSING ME OFF SO MUCH

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 7, 2011

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
I bought the wireless speed wheel today on a lark...it seems pretty good so far. I like how much throw there is in the triggers.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Can you change the control layout in the demo?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

quote:

the long version of Amalfi Coast removed

Really bummed about this.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Nope.

Also, managed to edge Athanatos' best time in a Zonda by 0.265" seconds. I might be able to get it under 1'48" with a controller but anything more than that will require a wheel. drat she's a beast to drive.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

This whole hotlapping thing is fairly new to me so it's never dawned on me how hard it is to get a completely clean lap. I've never really paid attention to it so quite frankly I don't think I've ever done one at all prior to now. Hell, even in this it took me forever to even start a lap cleanly because of the carryover from the last few corners. When I finally got a good one I played it real safe and ended up with a time of 1:47:7ish in the zonda. I can easily shave a lot of time off once I nail the track a bit better since I pussed out a lot toward the end in fear of ruining my clean status.

That said, consider this a call-out Sigma One! My goal is to get in the :45s by the time the full game is released so anyone can add me if you're around :46 and want to rival each other because as of now I've only got a few people in my friends that have played the demo. GT: Rabbit Holed

e: I like that pre-order Subaru. I don't suppose anybody might be up to trade it for the Alfa Romeo? If not, would I at least be able to pick one up in the auction house?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Updated OP with wheel info and some other junk. Thanks broskis.

Can't wait for some doriftu

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8uVDN3tMIU

I really really really hope this ends up being DLC in the future. Holy christ :h:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I picked this up from the last thread, that the vinyl groups from the third game cannot be imported to the fourth, am i getting this right?

Because if so, that's a drat shame because there's two detailed closeups of Christopher Walken and Clint Eastwood as Blondie that I've been saving for this.

alr
May 14, 2009
As far as I know, vinyl groups can be imported, but not entire liveries.

Teeter posted:

That said, consider this a call-out Sigma One! My goal is to get in the :45s by the time the full game is released so anyone can add me if you're around :46 and want to rival each other because as of now I've only got a few people in my friends that have played the demo. GT: Rabbit Holed

Added you, GT is Vizkk. Just ran a 1:46:2 and am finally starting to "get" some of the corners.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I'm disappointed that the thread title is not clever.

Good OP though :unsmith:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
:siren: Heads up that the demo is now available for non-Gold subscribers :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I'm disappointed that the thread title is not clever.

Good OP though :unsmith:

Forza Motorsport 4: S. Johansson nudes ITT

• Locked thread