Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Cannot Find Server posted:

Hey is anyone else even gonna make an effort, the leaderboards tell me I'm the only one who has tried at all yet.

Been teaching or stomping my way through dark souls 2.
will attempt to go fast this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I also intend to. My wheel's finally set back up after moving and I've been itching to use it. There's a new club now, isn't there? I'm pretty sure I'm still in AUGR.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
I just moved and got my xbox set up. No internet for a bit tho, so I gotta do this old school:

http://www.imgur.com/Z1YenUC.jpeg
A dirty 1:04.071

I will try to get another pass in I tomorrow when I attack the A class challenge.

e: ^^^ :cool::respek::hehe: moving buddy!

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 27, 2014

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Hey, just a heads up, the C class run is supposed to be stock. That car is only C388 stock.

edit: Here's my go. 1:05.731 in a 95 Cobra R

Q_res fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 27, 2014

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GOD IS BED posted:

I just moved and got my xbox set up. No internet for a bit tho, so I gotta do this old school:

http://www.imgur.com/Z1YenUC.jpeg
A dirty 1:04.071

I will try to get another pass in I tomorrow when I attack the A class challenge.

e: ^^^ :cool::respek::hehe: moving buddy!

Glad to see people posting up some times, but for the C-Class cars, you're supposed to drive them stock:

quote:

Event 1: C-Class at Iberian Full Reverse [car must remain *STOCK*, no upgrades]

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
God drat auto upgrade! Totally forgot about it.

I'll attack it and A class tonight.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
[C - Class] 1:02.266 Silvia S15

[A - Class] 1:36.468 Ford RS500

Could not get a decent picture with my phone but there on the club leaderboards to double check... gonna have another bash as the A-Class over the weekend.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Sorry about the previous time. Here's a legit time for C class:
http://www.imgur.com/qIf57fB.jpeg
A clean 1:04.651.

Still haven't got an A class time yet.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

C Class:

A Class (my time was already included in Typical GBS' picture but hey w/e):

I can still lose a good half second in A class going by the sum of my best splits, and I might try to do that this weekend. I sure as poo poo can't improve my C class time though.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

jesus christ panda

e: ALRIGHT FUCKER

have your stupid hockenheim time but i'm not giving up that easily on tracks i actually like!

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 30, 2014

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

It's a Race!

To submit your time, you will need to take a picture of the screen and post it in this thread, clearly showing the PI, Car Model, lap time, and the area where the dirty lap marker would show up if you run a dirty lap. The picture should be legible.

Week One
Event 1: C-Class at Iberian Full Reverse [car must remain *STOCK*, no upgrades]

Event 2: A-Class at Hockenheim National [all upgrades free]

Good luck!

Note: All times referenced are US Central times.

I'd like to try this, but I don't know what a PI is, or if I need to be in a goon group/guild/whatever it's called. Also, when you say all upgrades free, what do you mean by that? Also also, what's a dirty lap?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
PI is the "Power Index" (in quotes because I might be making that up) that determines your class. Upgrades free means you can upgrade your car in any way as long as it stays within the class restriction. A dirty lap is where you went off the track or ran into a wall, usually not a fast time unless you cheat. You don't need to be in a club, you just need to be insanely fast if you want to win.
Jeez those are some sick times.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Is it your lap from a standing start or just fastest time you can muster?

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

View my shame:

Iberian: (FR-S @ C394 stock)

Hockenheim:

I'm terrible at Hockenheim, not sure what my problem is. There's more time in there I'm sure, but I'm not sure I could find it by tomorrow night.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

jesus christ panda

e: ALRIGHT FUCKER

have your stupid hockenheim time but i'm not giving up that easily on tracks i actually like!
It's on.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I'm terrible at this. And gently caress that Hockenheim course.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice

JPrime posted:

Is it your lap from a standing start or just fastest time you can muster?

Fastest time, and if this is your first time playing, you will get faster. Hell, even if it's not, this game (and racing in general) rewards consiatent effort- you will improve. Try using a ghost of someone a second faster than you and see where you are losing time. (You get ghosts from the leaderboard, just pick someone above you and select "download ghost" while highlighting their time.)

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Pictures will be posted once i find my goddamn charger.

Hockenheim national: 1:39.983 in a '63 beetle(cause gently caress using sensible cars)

I don't think i ever went through the first hairpin on hockenheim normally. usually came out sideways.
Iberian Full reverse: 1:05.030 in a genesis coupe

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 30, 2014

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

JPrime posted:

I'm terrible at this. And gently caress that Hockenheim course.

For the C-Class car, try driving the Audi TT and the Honda or Acura Type-R. Those are two of the easier to drive cars I've tried, and they are not the fastest, but I got both of them into the 1:02's.

After the first hairpin, when you're going through the two lefts, try to take both of them in a single wide arc instead of straightening out and taking them as two separate corners. Keeping your speed up here is important.

e: I'm down to a 1:01.234 in the BMW 8 series, I'll post pics when I'm done with Hock.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 30, 2014

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

New and final times for me

Hockenheim - Lancia Stratos 1:39.257
Iberian - Skyline 350GT 1:04.033

Also, start off in easier cars, the audi TT is pretty zippy even if it's slow. It has decent acceleration to drag it through the corners.

can we do DTM on nurburg GP at some point in this?
Or german cars on nurburg GP, that'd be somewhat DTM-y. I guess.

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 30, 2014

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Iberian: 1:03.549

Hockenheim: 1:40.226

Also the 850 sounds amazing when you have exhaust/cams and short gearing. I was ripping through all six with that thing and loving every moment of it.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Another stupid question...the upgraded cars...is the only way to do that through career mode? Can you somehow upgrade a car just in the free play/hot lap thing?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

JPrime posted:

Can you somehow upgrade a car just in the free play/hot lap thing?

You have to buy and upgrade it in career mode. You can access your garage cars from hot lap mode. If you need more forzabux to buy cars try Rivals mode.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

JPrime posted:

Another stupid question...the upgraded cars...is the only way to do that through career mode? Can you somehow upgrade a car just in the free play/hot lap thing?
Also if you want to join our car club, send a request to join EASA. You'll get access to our garage cars as well

e: I see Cubivore and PSBonnett have updated times on Hockenheim on the Leaderboards. I've added them.

My final times:

And a Spreadsheet with current times. I'll update it with points standings tomorrow. As of this moment, just short of two hours until the deadline when the new events will start...which are:

:siren: Week Two :siren:

- B500 German Cars only at Nurburgring GP Short (all upgrades free)

- D Class Stock Upgrades Only at Sebring Club

One thing I left out of the original post's rules, is that if your final time shows up on the leaderboard, you don't have to post a screenshot, just let me know what leaderboard position you're in.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 31, 2014

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

A class time

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gently caress YOU PANDA

MY HANDS HURT LIKE A BITCH NOW BECAUSE OF YOU

I HOPE YOU'RE FUCKIN HAPPY, rear end in a top hat

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Jesus gently caress, is that an hour and a half of attempts?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AzMiLion posted:

Jesus gently caress, is that an hour and a half of attempts?

My 6th lap was only two tenths slower than his time with a few easily identifiable mistakes, so I realized pretty quickly I could beat it and decided to strap in and do it. I figured it'd take 30 or so minutes.

For the record I beat his time a good 5 or 6 times before that with .2's vs. his .3, but those attempts were dirtied on the last corner because I'm bad.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Also if you want to join our car club, send a request to join EASA. You'll get access to our garage cars as well

e: I see Cubivore and PSBonnett have updated times on Hockenheim on the Leaderboards. I've added them.

My final times:

And a Spreadsheet with current times. I'll update it with points standings tomorrow. As of this moment, just short of two hours until the deadline when the new events will start...which are:

One thing I left out of the original post's rules, is that if your final time shows up on the leaderboard, you don't have to post a screenshot, just let me know what leaderboard position you're in.

Cheers, didn't get chance to take a screenshot! I hate Hockenheim national, can never get the braking points right :(

For the D class what is a stock upgrade? By default don't they have stock parts and the upgrades are street/sport?

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

JingleBells posted:

Cheers, didn't get chance to take a screenshot! I hate Hockenheim national, can never get the braking points right :(

For the D class what is a stock upgrade? By default don't they have stock parts and the upgrades are street/sport?

Stock means no upgrades I think?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Stock means no upgrades, correct. You've got to drive it as it sits once you buy it. If you don't feel like buying a bunch of cars, you can go to Free Play / Hot Lap and just pick cars from the dealers to drive.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

gently caress YOU PANDA

MY HANDS HURT LIKE A BITCH NOW BECAUSE OF YOU

I HOPE YOU'RE FUCKIN HAPPY, rear end in a top hat
The fact that you spent an hour and a half doing that more than makes up for me not winning. I hope the D class stock is even closer.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Stock means no upgrades, correct. You've got to drive it as it sits once you buy it. If you don't feel like buying a bunch of cars, you can go to Free Play / Hot Lap and just pick cars from the dealers to drive.

Thought as much :) That's all I did with the Iberian challenge, most of my cars already have some odd tune on it's easier to just look at what D-classes there are and pick a stock one :)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zinjnok posted:

The fact that you spent an hour and a half doing that more than makes up for me not winning. I hope the D class stock is even closer.

Well it would have likely taken me a good deal less time if I just broke down and used the Genesis, since it seemed to have a lot more potential than the RX8. The RX8 having a lot less speed meant that not taking a corner perfectly was punished a lot more and lost me way more time.

But if I have a chance of winning in a rotary, I will always take that car over anything else.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

1:39.050 Mercedes 300SL (on leaderboard)

1:21.770 Fiat Abarth 500 (will post picture later)

Preliminary times...

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Opel Speedsters are technically a Lotus therefore illegal! :colbert:

1:39.621 McMerc 190E - Times on the leaderboard.

Will do a D class time later..

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Typical GBS posted:

1:39.621 McMerc 190E - Times on the leaderboard.

1:39.8 :argh:

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

1:39.193... :smuggo:

Had a 1:38 but cut the second to last corner a bit toooo fine...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Typical GBS posted:

Opel Speedsters are technically a Lotus therefore illegal! :colbert:

I'm at 1:38.5 right now in the Merc. I'd be happy to waive my Opel time if Cubivore does as well.

• Locked thread