Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Can you change the control layout in the demo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

No assists with a controller I'm stuck at 01:45:203 in the Zonda i can't see how you guys are getting 01:42s this is so frustratingly addictive.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

What causes a lap to go instantly dirty once you cross the line? I was putting down some really good times in the Ferarri but every time I started the next lap, insta-dirty :argh:

If you dirty the last sector of your previous lap it carries over. You can use the rewind feature to avoid this annoyance.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Has anyone lapped the Top Gear track yet, is it fun?

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Falken posted:

My copy should be here tomorrow. Who is going to run the UK group? I'll volunteer mainly because I'll be putting so much time into the drat game that I'll always be around to ensure people get in.

How are you getting it a day early?

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Just got this is the no way to set clutch to A and shifting to B and X on the controller?

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Sunday Punch posted:

Everyone needs to go do the Top Gear rivals challenge with the Radical on the 'Ring. It's so much fun!

Just bought the game and did this, it's loving scary without assists the sense of speed is awesome.

I do need more friends to take on as rivals now.

GT: Tommy SA

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Baggins posted:

:smug: Baggins, you did it in one...
:v: Yes?
:smug: ...fourty...
:v: Yes?
:smug: two point eight!
:v: Whey!

1:42:867 Up yours, Ziploc!

Just spent 20 minuets trying to beat you, and finally have 01:42.427

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Baggins posted:

Remember to tune your F and B class cars for next week guys. Might even be able to keep a car on track for most of the time with some racin' rubber on...

Got my F200 ready:

It's in the SAEG garage and just needs some fancy paint.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

I'm spending a lot more time in the paint shop than i did in F3, this took me longer than it should have and is a work in progress:

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

DiabloStarCraft posted:

What advantage would manual clutch give you anyway? Just an extra button to hold when shifting gears right? Seems like it'd be worth it if it offered any significant advantage?

It makes you faster, especially in a straight line.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Drawbacks are it's a bit hard for soccer as you need to use reverse.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Idiot race posted:

I tried to use the manual/w clutch again last night with the clutch where the handbrake usualy is. I end up with my thumb at an angle to cover the clutch button which means it cramps up after a while, I think i've got retard hands or something :(

It's worth getting used to manual/w clutch it's only one press is you cover both clutch and the gear change with your thumb.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Idiot race posted:

I've got some

Awesome pics i want to do more F200 tonight, also C class so i can drive my new Renault 5 turbo.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Idiot race posted:

Whats your GT? I need to have some dinner and then maybe a lil bit of racing if anyone else is on mebbe.

GT= Tommy SA

It would be nice to get some LLJK players in too to pad the lobby out a bit.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Bentai posted:

Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Here is my horrible, horrible Datsun 510 paintjob:
http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?id=879040&full=true

The game doesn't let me run a single horizontal stripe from front to back, it curves along the fender to the hood/bumper area. If I try to rotate or skew it, the whole thing gets thrown off. How am I supposed to make this work? use two separate layers, one for the rear to the door hinge, and a second for the fender?

I've had the same problem, and as far as i can tell using multiple layers is the only solution.

Edit: But in the picture you posted you could just move the green line down so it doesn't taper off at the end.

Ghetto Blaster fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 17, 2011

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Here is one of today's Jarf Invitational Races:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQ9xQZg33Q

If anyone has a better idea how to record them, I'm all ears. I was just randomly jumping and trying to find the best races. Missed most of the battle for 1st on the last few laps.

That's awesome thanks! The flicking between racers method worked pretty well. And you got my barrel roll across the finish line. :roflolmao:

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Some good, surprisingly close races last night. The PI system is so much better now you get closer races with a more varied bunch of cars.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

I don't get people complaining about the AI, I've never had a problem that wasn't my own fault. They are 1000x more considerate than 99% of people online.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Jarf posted:

I am spamming the poo poo out of this thread but here take this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCWKZQzhvOk
Yes it is the Datsun incident.

Amazing, but it missed the yellow Datsun rolling over the line at a about 5mph, which for some reason was hilarious.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Jarf posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWAbwE_eM0k
Here's one demonstrating the dangers of racing muscle cars on Maple Valley. Really wish I had a DVR or that they would allow you to transfer videos via a USB drive.

"EuroGruppen - we can't drive muscle cars"

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

The race was fun for about 7 laps then i decided to practice my 200mph drifting on the back straight.

(#2 GTO)

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Deputy Dangerous posted:

So last night I joined my first multiplayer race. I attempted to choose a car, but then the race started, giving me some A-class thing (I think). So the race starts, instantly rearended by the need4speed Formula 1 assclown behind me. I did the whole lane-denying (is that what it's called? When you own the whole road so a guy can't pass you?) thing to some guy, he didn't have it, and bonked my fender, veering off into a wall. So the race goes on for a while, I notice I'm in 9/10 and the guy trailing me is 1000 feet away, and the guy ahead of him a full mile gone. What the hell. I eventually just quit to go try the Muscle Drag race. What did I see but two X-class chucklefucks and me in my C-class. So yeah, might not be getting into MP unless I get in one of these goon groups.

Or just try rejoining with a competitive car.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Idiot race posted:

Thats you ya dummy, that replay is from like last year. Thats a view from the rear of my car and the RS is ghettoblasater or tommysa or whatever his name is.

Yep that's me, i now cannot wait to get home on Wednesday and get back into Forza especially with all the spec races that seem to be going on now.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

I haven't played this since November last year and have just got back to it, which DLC should i get?

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Captain Hair posted:

Are there any goon racing things on tonight/tomorrow around midnight onwards UK time? I might actually have some free time for online races and wasn't sure if I dared try the roulette of pubbies.

I often race after midnight UK time, we had a good lobby going till 2am last night with a mix of SAEG and AUGR.

Add Tommy SA

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Ringo R posted:

Which one of the Porsche's free?

As far as i can see none of them.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

I would like to to a custom rivals type event, but as i don't have xbl it would need to be a stock car, i thikn SAEG have been doing this (but with garage cars).

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

I would like to join this club whatever it's name. Anyone racing tonight/this afternoon?

GT: Tommy SA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

A new communal garage sounds very nice.

• Locked thread