Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I got an email from Best Buy today too.

quote:

Hi Ziploc:

Below you will find a list of the item(s) that are now en route to you!

Item(s)shipped
Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition (XBOX 360)

I pre-ordered last week about a day before the Canadian site said it was out.

Sorry guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I'm only hyped about this for one reason. Playing Forza every Wednesday with my bros.

If I had an option to skip the singleplayer (but have unlimited moneys) I'd take it.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Minimaul posted:

You get 250,000 in-game credits.

That's it? Not the equivalent number of tokens for that DLC content?

How... weak.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

I said come in! posted:

Gametrailers has a pretty good review out now; http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-forza-motorsport/722007

SO PUMPED. DID YOU SEE THOSE GENTLE TAPS LEADING TO ROLLOVERS?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Remember, those of you who got the LCE for Forza 3, that the following cars are UNICORNS in Forza 4 and you can import then from your old Forza 3 save.

2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

L_Harrison posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UkeA26iZeC0#t=239s

Here's a short glimpse of the soccer minigame online. It looks as fun as I could ever imagine. I hope we can do 8 vs 8 on it. :allears:

:dance:

gently caress me next week is going to be fun.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
And race transmissions (which is a no brainer most of the time) will mask everything with sewing machine drone.

Amazing!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Woop! My Pre-order RX-7 Unicorn was gifted to me. SO loving READY FOR THIS.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Brownie posted:

Sorry if this has been addressed, but how does this game handle stuff like a car having really good TCS coming out of the factory? For instance, the new McLaren is supposed to have fantastic traction control. Is there going to be a setting that basically allows us to use TCS for cars that actually have it? (And have an option for this in multiplayer as well?)

No sir.

If you have manual clutch and hop in a paddle gear car, you still gotta clutch.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

dreesemonkey posted:

I wish they'd let you pick your LCE bonus vendor car, whooooopieeeeee a mini clubman :(

I wish they'd email mine so I can stop worrying BestBuy hosed up something else.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
The ball weighs like nothing.

I want to see Muscle vs Light Sports for soccer. Who will win?! Pulverizing Muscle? Or nimble Sports!?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Don Lapre posted:

Can we do online death races on the top gear track since it loops into itself.

Yes.

Wasn't there a Benchmark track that did the same thing?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Cannot Find Server posted:

There really ought to be a demolition derby-type game mode for this track online. Simulation damage, you lose when your engine reaches >80%, last man standing wins. I'd play the gently caress out of this.

Would be unbalanced as gently caress though. Unless all in the same cars.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Wolfy posted:

Is there a good Forza tuning guide out there?

http://www.forzatraders.com/flash/ForzaMotorsport3CarSetupTool.swf

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
So I immediately redeemed all my codes and downloaded all the DLC. But in the dealership the new blue M5 is still DLC.

Is this normal?

EDIT: I have a LCE.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Day Man posted:

It's a separate free download yu can get through the market.

I thought it was odd since the car is on the cover but not on the disc. Crazy.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Hey guys. Autocross is fun.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Can you really not just rev a car in Autovista?

...really?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

mangler103 posted:

Does anyone know how high affinity levels go? I'm up to 6 on a couple and keep getting extra credits through that, but will I eventually get other bonuses like cars?

Up to 50 for some drat reason. Although, after 4 all upgrades are free soo...

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Mr. Pither posted:

I still think the Ferrari F430 Scuderia is the best sounding car in this game. I couldn't find it in the free play mode though. Is it only available if you imported it from Forza 3?

I think it's a unicorn now. And you could have gotten it easy by importing.

Woops!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Wolfy posted:

Wow so you can buy unicorns on the auction house now. SCUDERIA HERE I COME.

Also it appears that GT500 was a 2007.

Prepare to spend a metric fuckton of CR.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

maverick99 posted:

So how do the rotary engines sound? Any different compared to Forza 3? Just curious cause my RX-7 FD is one of my favorite drifting cars. :3:

The FD Spirit R Unicorn car I drove for a few hours last night sounded legit.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

xzzy posted:

It generates all kinds of hilarity in fast cars when they get floaty.. you see a guy crest a hill with the gas floored, and starts swerving all over the place as he tries to correct for the car suddenly wanting to put itself rear end-forward.

The jump on maple valley is even more funny now, as is the long downhill stretch on the alps track.

This.

Also, due to new suspension simulation (BODYROLL!) bumps are something the cars really react too now. So hitting a bump with the suspension loaded can cause you to lose your poo poo too.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

xzzy posted:

They seemed to do a good job toning down the problem areas though.. the curbs on Maple Valley doesn't send cars into instant barrel rolls anymore, and the bumpy section on Sebring is actually drivable.

Cars have soft suspensions now. :ssh:

I think 3 having people rollover so much was due to pretty much every car having no body roll to soak up a curb.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Anyone figure out matte colors yet?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Baggins posted:

:smug: Baggins, you did it in one...
:v: Yes?
:smug: ...fourty...
:smug: two point eight!
:v: Whey!

1:42:867 Up yours, Ziploc!

I'll get you.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Baggins posted:

:smug: Baggins, you did it in one...
:smug: ...fourty...
:smug: two point eight!
:v: Whey!

1:42:867 Up yours, Ziploc!

You've just been served mofo.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Brace posted:

Can I not use my cars that I was gifted for being level 29 in Forza 3 in Career Mode?

Yes you can?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I just noticed that the Yellowbird isn't in the game anymore. :(

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Idiot race posted:

Seriously some of the gift cars are stupidly modified, yeah sure i'll take a mclaren f1 with a bunch of power upgrades but no tyre/suspension/brake ones.

Once I get enough cash I'm selling a lot of them. I hate having pre-tuned cars.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

BlazeKinser posted:

The sad thing is most pubbies you might race against (if you were ever that desperate for online racing) tune their cars exactly like that, because of the idiot mentality that more horsepower = better than.

It's way easier for a pubbie to utilize MOAR POWAAAA than the 0.08G upgrade in grip.

BlazeKinser posted:

That's pointless, just undo the upgrades so they're stock and fix them up properly when you have affinity level 4 and can upgrade them yourself for free.

You make a good point.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
How do I remove a car from a car group?

EDIT: Not club, group.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Ziploc posted:

How do I remove a car from a car group?

EDIT: Not club, group.

Anyone?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

GreatGreen posted:

One thing I miss about Gran Turismo 5 is that in the external view, the camera is welded to a point in the air relative to the car as opposed to Forza's view where you can see the car rotate around a little bit as you turn, which makes it hard to get a feel for the weight shift of the cars. Although anybody who actually cares about that sort of thing won't be using the external camera, but still.

Really? I actually prefer it the other way. Lets me see how the car is reacting. GT5 is the only game I know with a chase cam like that. Including many sims.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
It's an MR2

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

I said come in! posted:

Hopefully some of that includes new tracks too.

I thought it specifically said cars?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Pudgygiant posted:

Dodge Dart PI is broken. 825HP, 2349lbs, C392. Every upgrade but the tranny and it'll stay at 392.

And it has no top speed because of it.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

TeffaBob posted:

pretty sure they fixed it

Doesn't the Viper engine rev way more? Giving it more top speed?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I dabbled in race hiring in Forza 4. The driver seems way less capable than he did in 3.

True/false?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

:( i dont get out of work weeknights until 8EST. Is there any way races can be bumped a half hour later? I promise to attend every race and race cleanly. I know you probibly cant change it for one person but i thought i'd give it a try anyway

Maybe try GTCC? We race At 10pm EST every Wednesday.

• Locked thread