Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Goddamn I'm glad I pre-ordered the LCE in-person from Best Buy like a month ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

LunaticAngel posted:

Looking at the free 2012 BMW M5 on the marketplace, it's 370ish megs. I hope that isn't a sign of how big the rest of the packs are going to be if that's just the one car! I don't think my connection could handle that once a month (although it'd be very worth it). Either that, or it contains the content for the American muscle car pack aswell, since I couldn't see a sample pack for that.
It has Autovista for the M5. That probably is the majority of the file size.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
BestBuy still hasn't sent me my BMW 1M code... they'd better have my reserved LCE when I go to pick it up tonight!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Welp this is awesome.

With the new tire physics and everything I'm doing it with no assists or driving line, though I'm leaving rewinding on. Also simulation steering, which is interesting with the MS wheel, but I'm actually doing fairly well so far.

It really is making me improve my driving skills.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Holy balls the Tesla is hard to drive. I think it's that:
a) it only has one gear (doesn't the real thing have 2 gears?)
b) I never realized how much I rely on engine & gear sounds for driving. It's very hard to tell how fast I'm going on the Top Gear test track!

Oh also I put in a request to join LLJK, my gamertag is EnderNerdcore

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

I saw a few guys that didn't get their BestBuy pre-order code with their game pickup posting in here. I didn't get mine either, and I was all set to get all pissed off, but it just showed up in my email. :3:

Strange, because my pre-order bonus for Space Marine came in the case. I don't get to play regardless, because I'm headed out of town until Sunday night :(.
Strange. I asked the guy about it last night and he said he didn't know of any way he could put it on the receipt, was pretty sure it'd show up in my email.

I bought it around 6:30pm Pacific last night, so hopefully it shows up before the 24-hour mark, otherwise I guess I'll just call/email Best Buy.

I want my 1M!

EDIT: And of course 2 minutes after I write this it appears in my email. Yay!

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 12, 2011

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

ANAmal.net posted:

^ I took the Yaris because that's what I drive in real life, and if you don't buy/drive your IRL car in every game you can, you a scrub.
Buying an E36 M3 the minute I get home, you better believe. And putting the upgraded air intake on it. Other than that, leaving it stock. :v:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Minimaul posted:

Same. I wish they had the sedan though! I was going to buy one yesterday but got the e28 M5 instead as an impulse buy. Drop the e36 m3 in some Rival races though.
Well, the difference for me is my real one is a convertible (5-speed manual transmission), while the one in Forza is the Euro-spec Coupe (6-speed manual transmission).

But they are pretty similar cars--the one in Forza has slightly more horsepower, and the 6-speed transmission is a bit easier to handle than 5-speed.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

T1g4h posted:

God I love this little bastard. Best level up reward ever, especially when you throw some dark, matte gray Volk TE37s on it :h:
Yep, I chose the same car. If I ever buy a second car (because I wouldn't want to daily drive the M3, don't need to pile the miles on!) I'd get a '89 MR2.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
nevermind, stupid network

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 13, 2011

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Lyer posted:

Yeah same here, got invited by two different people and I car hear them, but just can't connect.

If you're having this problem you need to open up your router's NAT

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Wolfy posted:

Wow, soccer is the greatest thing ever.
Or worst. A bunch of us just did it with Hummers. Hilarious but stupid.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

PirateNipple posted:

How do you use a custom skin when racing online? I found a pretty cumbersome way to do it and I think there has to be a faster way, but I can't figure it out.

What I ended up doing was creating a custom tuning setup for the car I wanted to use, which changes nothing but uses the skin I want, then when I'm in the multiplayer lobby I load that custom tuning setup. There must be a better way though :( What do you do if you don't own the car? I don't own the Hummer but I want to use the goonbus online.
Get the car out of your garage. When you are picking a car go all the way to the left in the list, your garage will be listed.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
The thing I've noticed since I started playing Forza 4 with no braking line or anything is that I actually crash less. It's crazy, but when I think about it, in Forza 1-3 I always had the breaking line on, and my method of learning cars + tracks was "go really fast and learn how much I have to slow down not to crash." My learning method now is "drive cautiously and learn how fast I can start going."

Seems to work much better.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Odette posted:

How do you 'tune' cars? I literally have no idea. :(
Neither do I. :(

I pretty much have to just find cars that are drivable stock with minor upgrades because I don't know what I need to do to tune them.

Upgrading even the 2012 M5 to A600 (from the stock A5XX) made it nearly undrivable for me--it wouldn't turn worth a drat without peeling out, and I hardly upped the horsepower, most of those points were in new tires and other handling upgrades!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
So I (EnderNerdcore) have annoyed a few of you with mic echo the past few evenings. Turns out, if I try to mute my mic, it just mutes me and then echoes everyone. As long as I don't mute it, it doesn't echo.

Bizarre.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Couple of silly as hell vinyl requests, but if anyone could put together the Cascadia flag:

You'd make some folks happy :shobon:

Seconding this!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Athanatos posted:

Is there an Ownership checklist? Hit 50 and now it's time to start filling out my garage.
Not exactly, but when you're in Buy mode it will put a little garage icon on the cars you already own, so you can just go through each manufacturer one-by-one and buy any cars that don't have that icon.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
In the past few days I've started playing a bunch of Forza 4 again, and it made me wonder: do we know much yet about Forza Horizon? Are dedicated Forza 4 fans planning to pick it up?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

xzzy posted:

One of the Sidewinder variants, a truly terrible creation that we had to deal with in FM2 and FM3.

I mean, look at that:

:barf:

But it was useful for some low speed racing.
Ugh. I remember those tracks.

Their sole useful purpose was for trying to test every aspect of a car in a single track.

Unfortunately most of their purpose was to kick you in the nuts while trying to play the campaigns.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

I said come in! posted:

The only cars left that I really want are the classic Mini, 2012 Corvette Grand-Am Prototype, and Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. Other than that, a whole bunch of missing Ferrari's and Porsches I guess.
Add the BMW Z1 to that list.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

silverbullitt850 posted:

So, I'm catching quite a bit of static on the Mechwarrior Online thread because I apparently didn't post some intro in "general BS" forum. Is this a requirement I just didn't know about? I didn't see it anywhere in the rules. And to make this at least slightly relevant to Forza, I won't be around next week, so no racing for me... Sorry.

Since I'm really nice: they are trying to haze and humiliate you. Don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I can't believe nobody's posted about this:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/15/thrustmaster-ferrari-gt-cockpit-458-italia-racing-wheel-f1-gamepad/

Ignore the silly gamepad.

• Locked thread