Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
:siren: Heads up that the demo is now available for non-Gold subscribers :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Finally got the demo after a week of torture and holy crap it kicks arse. Loving it so far. Out of interest, what does the paperclip on the leaderboards refer to?

Goddamn some of you guys are fast. I thought I was doing OK getting to the top 5% of the leaderboard until I checked my friends list and I'm in the top 75% :smith:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I'm in Australia and we don't get it until the 14th anyway :(

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Can anyone with the game confirm whether you need a Gold Live subscription to access rivals mode?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Pudgygiant posted:

I've had this game for 5 hours and I've only played like 20 minutes. Installing the discs + a date with A GIRL takes too much god drat time. If I ever find a way to combine a date, installing Forza, and loving racing, I will never ever do anything else ever again.

Have sex with the girl on the couch while your flatmate is on his way home, then you'll be dating, loving and racing all at the same time :v:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

gently caress I really hope my preorder ships tomorrow, you guys are killing me :(

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

You Am I posted:

Instore, too impatient to wait for mail. Got a SMS last night saying the game was ready to pick up this morning, might have a chat about getting credit for the difference in cost.

My online preorder from JB Hifi is still showing as "Awaiting Shipment" :smith:

Probably won't even get it until Monday at this rate.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Got the preorder code about an hour ago. No sign of the game itself, though.

loving hate all of you.
I feel your pain buddy :smith:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Fanelien posted:

Anybody made an Australian Forza goons club yet? We had meta tags for the previous two games.

I don't think anyone has yet. I was planning to whenever my preorder turns up (JB Hifi online :argh:), but feel free to create one if you want to!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

I borrowed a friend's 360 and was so excited to download and play the demo and OH HEY loving TERRIBLE MUSIC YOU CAN'T TURN OFF. Maybe I'm dense and I missed that option.

Put an MP3 on a USB stick, play and then pause it via the dashboard. Go back into Forza and enjoy the glorious engine roar!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

So last night I tried driving the SSC UltimateAero with all assists turned off. Holy gently caress that thing is just ridiculous. Full throttle acceleration gives you wheelspin and sideways action even in fourth gear at 150kph+. Absolutely no chance I can drive that thing with a controller.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

After doing the Veyron challenge, and passing class E cars at 200mph, i've fully realized the awesome sense of speed that this game is capable of conveying.

In the world tour mode, I'm too big of a wuss to pick anything A class. It's just so drat intense.

I managed to place #30 on Camino Viejo (short) in this showy Lexus:

Keep tuning random cars you don't think as serious performance machines. You could make something that can surprise you. Like the Dodge Super Bee. I've been owning C class with it.

Where is this Veyron challenge? Do you mean the Autovista one?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

I assume TCS should be off? What about ABS?

Yes, traction control and the stability control should be off too. I also find drifting way easier with manual transmission. As you're approaching the corner in (say) 3rd gear, drop down to second or first and jam the throttle home. That will keep your tyres spinning for longer, allowing you to slide for longer.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Super retarded question, but what does the little shield icon next to someone's gamertag mean? I know the little crown means they bought the LCE, but the shield means...?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

How the hell did you manage this, and how long did it take you? It took me half an hour to add some lovely Italian flag stripes and a pretty average looking car number box to my Mito!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Humerus posted:

Well then I guess I won't get a 4/4 drifting til I download a drift tune for an AWD and go to town on Fujimi then. Oh well, with free parts now I may actually try to learn drifting. I downloaded a few tunes on FM3 and the parts cost was usually ~300,000 so I just gave up on that drift lap achievement.

If you want to get the drifting achievement in FM4, just grab a powerful RWD car, turn all the assists off and do hotlaps of Benchmark E. There's basically nothing for you to hit so you can get the achievement fairly easily. I think it took me about 5-10 minutes of lovely drifting to finally get the 4/4 rating.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Can you select the third event, then change to the appropriate car? That would make sense, if being a little counter-intuitive.

Yeah, if you select the Skyline event it'll say "Your BMW isn't eligible for a Skyline event dumbass! Change car or cancel?".

AwwJeah posted:

When they said "wheel physics" they weren't kidding around.

Nice shot, that looks very wheelistic!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

oxbrain posted:

I get the opposite feel from it. The AI drives much better when they're in front of you and much worse the instant you pass. The result is that I never have an actual battle for position, I'm either trailing behind 2-3 cars that can out accelerate, out brake, and out corner my car or I'm blazing ahead 10+ seconds per lap.

I tend to find the opposite, at least in world tour mode. When I'm behind them they brake very early and block any potential overtakes, but when I get past they brake very late and slam into me.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

TravBot posted:

I had one race where I decided to do a 15-lap oval race at R1 in World Tour. The easy part was getting into first. The hard part was not hitting the randomly distributed R1 cars stuck on their sides anywhere and everywhere on the track. It was one of the most frustrating races I've had yet.
I did this exact race tonight! Holy gently caress it was the most frustrating poo poo ever. I must have spent more time rewinding to dodge overturned AI cars than actually driving! And I set a new record for damaging my car :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Don't do this. It takes too drat long.

Holy loving poo poo. What's your played time at?

• Locked thread