Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I just picked this up, I'm terrible at racing and not much of a car person, but I'm a huge Top Gear fan and love being able to do laps around the test track. I'm down for getting my rear end kicked by other goons (360). GT: JXPrime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

skooma512 posted:

Is it even possible to get a 1:30 or better time on Top Gear with the Suzuki Liana like on the show in this game?

I don't think anyone sniffed the 1:30s in the Liana. They were all 1:40 or higher?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I wish they had a mode for just a single lap on the TG track from a standing start...make me feel like a NSIARPC for a bit.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

It's a Race!

To submit your time, you will need to take a picture of the screen and post it in this thread, clearly showing the PI, Car Model, lap time, and the area where the dirty lap marker would show up if you run a dirty lap. The picture should be legible.

Week One
Event 1: C-Class at Iberian Full Reverse [car must remain *STOCK*, no upgrades]

Event 2: A-Class at Hockenheim National [all upgrades free]

Good luck!

Note: All times referenced are US Central times.

I'd like to try this, but I don't know what a PI is, or if I need to be in a goon group/guild/whatever it's called. Also, when you say all upgrades free, what do you mean by that? Also also, what's a dirty lap?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Is it your lap from a standing start or just fastest time you can muster?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I'm terrible at this. And gently caress that Hockenheim course.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Another stupid question...the upgraded cars...is the only way to do that through career mode? Can you somehow upgrade a car just in the free play/hot lap thing?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Current with what I found on the LB's and in this thread
pre:
B500 Nurb GP Short

JXPrime			1:52.762(!)	BMW M Coupe

(!) denotes dirty lap

before I saw what the (!) denotes I thought it was your shock at how slow I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Did the S class one, that's a hard track for me to not get a dirty lap on. I'll have to give that a short some more later. I'm on the leaderboard in my usual dismal place.

Edit: did the A class one in a clean lap!

JPrime fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 11, 2014

• Locked thread